Republicans Discover That It Isn’t Easy Running Congress

I started a thread about this very same thing. Directly from Republican Charlie Dent. So the Democrats aren't the only ones who have noticed the looming disasters:

Best quote of the week goes to Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Pa.), quoted in National Journal as saying: "Week one, we had a peaker election that did not go as well as a lot of us would have liked. Week two, we got into a big fight over deporting children, something that a lot of us didn't want to have a discussion about. Week three, we are now talking about rape and incest and reportable rapes and incest for minors. ... I just can't wait for week four."
Best quote of the week goes to Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Pa.), quoted in National Journal as saying: "Week one, we had a peaker election that did not go as well as a lot of us would have liked. Week two, we got into a big fight over deporting children, something that a lot of us didn't want to have a discussion about. Week three, we are now talking about rape and incest and reportable rapes and incest for minors. ... I just can't wait for week four."

Republicans had two months to prepare for what they would accomplish when they took over Congress. Instead of starting out with a bang and setting the tone for their agenda they have frittered away their time discussing meaningless legislation.....Does Global Warming exist?

The failed Republican Congress has blown their chance to make a first impression and has become a laughing stock

It is the infilitration of the teaper into the GOP. They are destroying the party. They are a liability to America.

It is the infilitration of the teaper into the GOP. They are destroying the party. They are a liability to America.
No, there were destroying any good the GOP did long before that. They used to have liberals. Now they just have the anti science crowd.

Three freaking weeks ago? Here's what democrats "accomplished" when they gained control of congress during Bush's last term. While the economy and energy and jobs and immigration and terrorism issues were at the forefront, the senate democrat majority launched into a McCarthy like hearing about .....steroid use in baseball. Meanwhile in the House the new banking committee chairperson who had oversight responsibility for Fannie Mae told Americans that Fannie was doing fine when it was in desperate trouble. For the record, the economy collapsed while democrats had control of congress.

Three freaking weeks ago? Here's what democrats "accomplished" when they gained control of congress during Bush's last term. While the economy and energy and jobs and immigration and terrorism issues were at the forefront, the senate democrat majority launched into a McCarthy like hearing about .....steroid use in baseball. Meanwhile in the House the new banking committee chairperson who had oversight responsibility for Fannie Mae told Americans that Fannie was doing fine when it was in desperate trouble. For the record, the economy collapsed while democrats had control of congress.

Well in all fairness, all the nails were pulled out of the walls during the last 2 years of the Bush administration. However, during those years, congress was controlled by democrats. But the house finally fell down under Obama's watch.

Last edited:
I must laugh though. Demwit dems had 6 years to get something done and they did nothing, republicans are in charge for a few days and democrats are bitching they haven't accomplished anything.

Hilarious to say the least.

I must laugh though. Demwit dems had 6 years to get something done and they did nothing, republicans are in charge for a few days and democrats are bitching they haven't accomplished anything.

Well, the GOP did pass a bill that gives Obama unprecedented powers to spy on the American people.

I seem to remember the Democratic Congress of 2009 hitting the ground running and passing a nearly unprecidented amount of legislation

The failed Republican Congress is incapable of passing the most rudimentary legislation into law

Worst Congress ever

Who the hell do you think you are? You don't deserve attention from my dog, but I at least acknowledged your stupid ass exists. You should be thanking me.

Forum List

Back