Republicans Discover That It Isn’t Easy Running Congress

PGreen

Nov 24, 2014
“Yes, there have been a couple of stumbles,” John Boehner acknowledged Tuesday.

The House speaker had spoken with dry understatement.

What has happened since Republicans took full control of Congress three weeks ago has been less a stumble than a pratfall involving the legislative equivalent of a banana peel, flailing arms, an upended bookcase, torn drapes and a slide across a laden banquet table into a wedding cake.

Republicans discover that it isn t easy running Congress - The Washington Post

Well, it's easy to be critical of people who are trying to do something when you dont have to make good. Please name one thing the GOP has done since they have had the majority.

"Please name one thing the GOP has done since they have had the majority."

I have often asked for one good thing the Republicans have done - period.

Its no accident that they're called the Do Nothings but I'm sure they'll get busy on the "issues" they deem important - raising taxes on the middle class and taking basic rights away from Americans.

Jobs? Infrastructure? Education? Not so much.

The failed Republican Congress is incapable of getting a consensus in their own party let alone with the Democrats

As a result, they will be relegated to passing Kill Obamacare, ban abortion, stop all welfare, repeal environmental laws that have no chance of becoming law but will pander to their base

They will fritter away the two years they have in charge and accomplish nothing

Worst Congress ever

And here we have an OP that is an rdean clone.

"OMG the Republicans have poopy pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:lol:

The Dems hit the ground running in 2009 and immediately began to pass legislation

In spite of having two months to prepare, the failed Republican Congress has yet to accomplish anything and has spent their first three weeks slapping eachother on the backs

The failed Republican Congress is incapable of getting a consensus in their own party let alone with the Democrats

As a result, they will be relegated to passing Kill Obamacare, ban abortion, stop all welfare, repeal environmental laws that have no chance of becoming law but will pander to their base

They will fritter away the two years they have in charge and accomplish nothing

Worst Congress ever

They've been worthless for years now and there's no reason to believe they will suddenly start doing their job.

The Dems hit the ground running in 2009 and immediately began to pass legislation

In spite of having two months to prepare, the failed Republican Congress has yet to accomplish anything and has spent their first three weeks slapping eachother on the backs

I'm sure we'll see a lot more of that.

Photo ops = legislation.

talk among yourselves now and reinforce your faith in the failure and hate that is your party.

Funny coming after the fact dems could never pass a budget

I realize that you would have no way of knowing this but the US government has three branches and two major parties.
So that excuses what.......dems couldnt even manage govt 101........why...because they are extremists unwilling to compromise I think is the line
We know what Republicans could do. We saw it under Bush when they controlled both houses and the presidency and the Supreme Court. If you can name anything positive, let us know. They even let Bin Laden go and stopped looking for him.

Funny coming after the fact dems could never pass a budget

I realize that you would have no way of knowing this but the US government has three branches and two major parties.
So that excuses what.......dems couldnt even manage govt 101........why...because they are extremists unwilling to compromise I think is the line
We know what Republicans could do. We saw it under Bush when they controlled both houses and the presidency and the Supreme Court. If you can name anything positive, let us know. They even let Bin Laden go and stopped looking for him.
I like the way they dismantled the welfare state....

I started a thread about this very same thing. Directly from Republican Charlie Dent. So the Democrats aren't the only ones who have noticed the looming disasters:

Best quote of the week goes to Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Pa.), quoted in National Journal as saying: "Week one, we had a peaker election that did not go as well as a lot of us would have liked. Week two, we got into a big fight over deporting children, something that a lot of us didn't want to have a discussion about. Week three, we are now talking about rape and incest and reportable rapes and incest for minors. ... I just can't wait for week four."

I started a thread about this very same thing. Directly from Republican Charlie Dent. So the Democrats aren't the only ones who have noticed the looming disasters:

Best quote of the week goes to Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Pa.), quoted in National Journal as saying: "Week one, we had a peaker election that did not go as well as a lot of us would have liked. Week two, we got into a big fight over deporting children, something that a lot of us didn't want to have a discussion about. Week three, we are now talking about rape and incest and reportable rapes and incest for minors. ... I just can't wait for week four."
Them there GOP members of Congress is gonna give us smaller less intrusive govt. decrees....

Forum List

Back