Republicans data mine Facebook................

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Well, it appears that Trump did learn a thing or two from the Russians. Now, it seems that one of the parts for Trump's reelection is mining data from Facebook so that they can target voters.

Cambridge Analytica. Remember that name. Facebook has already banned them for violating their terms of service. And my friends and family wonder why I don't post a whole bunch of stuff on Facebook. Beware of any surveys that you are asked to take on Facebook.

Trump-linked consultants harvested data from millions on Facebook

Cambridge Analytica, a company that profiled voters for Donald Trump’s campaign, allegedly harvested private information from more than 50 million Facebook profiles, which they used to influence and wage a “culture war” during the 2016 election.

Whistleblower Christopher Wylie, who helped found Cambridge Analytica and served as their director of research until 2014, told NBC News' U.K. partner ITN Channel 4 News that the company helped develop an application on Facebook that paid individuals to take a survey. If users had not adjusted their privacy settings on the social media outlet, however, the app didn’t just capture the survey responses — it also gathered as much data from each account as possible.

That data included information from Facebook users’ friends and contacts, as well.

I wanna data mine people's banks accounts......... Oh yeah, that's illegal...... Back to the drawing board....... :dunno:

Republicans data mine Facebook................
$100,000 in facebook ads, paid for in rubles.

I have to laugh, the NSA et al scoop up every post, every call, and every text and store in a facility in Utah.

The data center is alleged to be able to process "all forms of communication, including the complete contents of private emails, cell phone calls, and Internet searches, as well as all types of personal data trails — parking receipts, travel itineraries, bookstore purchases, and other digital 'pocket litter'."[6] In response to claims that the data center would be used to illegally monitor email of U.S. citizens, in April 2013 an NSA spokesperson said, "Many unfounded allegations have been made about the planned activities of the Utah Data Center, ... one of the biggest misconceptions about NSA is that we are unlawfully listening in on, or reading emails of, U.S. citizens. This is simply not the case."[4] This statement was made two months prior to the document leak that revealed the existence of the PRISM program (below). Some members of the public question the credibility of official statements like Bamford's, above, in light of the revelations made in the following two paragraphs herein, and in light of the revelations made in the following two months after his statement was made.

Utah Data Center - Wikipedia

Echelon and Prism predated the current program.

Well, it appears that Trump did learn a thing or two from the Russians. Now, it seems that one of the parts for Trump's reelection is mining data from Facebook so that they can target voters.

Cambridge Analytica. Remember that name. Facebook has already banned them for violating their terms of service. And my friends and family wonder why I don't post a whole bunch of stuff on Facebook. Beware of any surveys that you are asked to take on Facebook.

Cambridge Analytica, a company that profiled voters for Donald Trump’s campaign, allegedly harvested private information from more than 50 million Facebook profiles, which they used to influence and wage a “culture war” during the 2016 election.

Whistleblower Christopher Wylie, who helped found Cambridge Analytica and served as their director of research until 2014, told NBC News' U.K. partner ITN Channel 4 News that the company helped develop an application on Facebook that paid individuals to take a survey. If users had not adjusted their privacy settings on the social media outlet, however, the app didn’t just capture the survey responses — it also gathered as much data from each account as possible.

That data included information from Facebook users’ friends and contacts, as well.
and?

good god dude, google "pirelli tires" and you'll start seeing ads for them all over the place. gonna get pissed at google next?

This is why I'm not on any social media but USMB. I get my fix, but keep my private life private.

I keep what I post pretty benign - coordinating rescue dog stuff, and posting tons of pix of my dogs. Can't get much political data from that :lol:

This is why I'm not on any social media but USMB. I get my fix, but keep my private life private.

I keep what I post pretty benign - coordinating rescue dog stuff, and posting tons of pix of my dogs. Can't get much political data from that :lol:

Even so aren't they getting data just to target you to sway your vote? I spend a lot of time on FB and see both sides but unlike here I am not the least bit political on FB.

As if this is new to politics lol

How fucking old are you? These online companies gather your data and store it to sell to ANYONE willing to pay the price.
This is nothing new and you look quite foolish trying to pretend it's new to Trump

You gotta be kidding me. Republicans just ain't that smart. Where was Facebook for the last eight years of the Hussein administration? All of a sudden the social media is concerned about conservative values?

You got a problem with miners?

Gabby_Johnson.jpg

Holy shit political campaigns data mining social media has never happened in the history on the internets. Fucking tard.

Forum List

Back