Republicans Create Rider To Stop Net Neutrality

o yea, I have criticized Obama for a lot more than just that, and I now criticize HIM as well, for not having the balls to stand up and tell people that noone has a right to legislate another person's happiness. Dont worry, he isnt getting off scott free.
Good. Now, are you going to back up your claim:
The MANDATE that everyone should have to have insurance in order for the healthcare bill to be passed was a REPUBLICAN addition to the healthcare bill.​
...?

In a thorough search to back that claim, I am going to have to adjust my wording on that. I have been reading about all this and it was my assumption. Truth is, Obama realized he wouldnt be able to pass it without paying for it, and since the Republicans supported the individual mandate through past years of health care reform litigation, he most likely figured it would be the only way he could get the bill through.

So, Im going to have to wipe the egg off my face on this one, but I still say that the republicans are being disengenuous by trying to use this part of the bill as political weight, since they have supported it in the past.
:beer: I would remind you not to confuse "Republican" and "conservative". The two are not synonymous.

Republicans may have supported the individual mandate. Conservatives never have.

History. Current events.

Not HuffPo, DailyKOS, or DU.
Are you making up names now?

And only an idiot think China is a 'communist nation'.

Do you even know what communism is?

You probably think America is a christian/capitalist nation, don't you?

I dont think there has ever been a communist nation.
No, there hasn't...because Communism can't work. It devolves immediately into oligarchy.

So China is a Communist oligarchy.

Are you making up names now?

And only an idiot think China is a 'communist nation'.

Do you even know what communism is?

You probably think America is a christian/capitalist nation, don't you?

I dont think there has ever been a communist nation.
No, there hasn't...because Communism can't work. It devolves immediately into oligarchy.

So China is a Communist oligarchy.

That's like calling a parrot a feline dog.

It just highlights your ignorance.

Amazing all the RINO's of this site spouting off about how this Rider is a good thing yet NOT ONE actually understands the concept of Net Neutrality and what it entails. Why is this not surprising in the least bit.

Good. Now, are you going to back up your claim:
The MANDATE that everyone should have to have insurance in order for the healthcare bill to be passed was a REPUBLICAN addition to the healthcare bill.​
...?

In a thorough search to back that claim, I am going to have to adjust my wording on that. I have been reading about all this and it was my assumption. Truth is, Obama realized he wouldnt be able to pass it without paying for it, and since the Republicans supported the individual mandate through past years of health care reform litigation, he most likely figured it would be the only way he could get the bill through.

So, Im going to have to wipe the egg off my face on this one, but I still say that the republicans are being disengenuous by trying to use this part of the bill as political weight, since they have supported it in the past.
:beer: I would remind you not to confuse "Republican" and "conservative". The two are not synonymous.

Republicans may have supported the individual mandate. Conservatives never have.

Now that I can see where you are coming from, I can see previous posts of yours in a new light. Yes, those labels definitely distort things, do they not? In most instances, my use of conservative instead of Republican was my small way of trying to NOT further inflame debate.

But you are indeed correct, as I guess a lot of my own views are conservative, yet I am in no way Republican...Plus the fact that I am fast discovering that this board is not really here for debate, it seems to be here largely so that people can curse one another.

I have had an experiment going. I started posting on the board some time back and tried to be civil in discourse, and was largely ignored. In the past couple of days I have started to call people names and use "uncivil" discourse, and my time here has been a bit more exciting.

I really think I will prolly just move on out and see if there is a place out there where there is some decent debate going on without all the goofyness I see going on around here.

Amazing all the RINO's of this site spouting off about how this Rider is a good thing yet NOT ONE actually understands the concept of Net Neutrality and what it entails. Why is this not surprising in the least bit.

Why don't you attempt to educate us so we can mack you and show what it really means?

Why don't you attempt to educate us so we can mack you and show what it really means?

LOL, YOU of all people talking about anything to do with the internet is a joke. You're the guy who claimed Harry Reid set up a phishing site. LMAO!!!

Please stick to shit you know, technology and the internet are obviously not it old man.

Network neutrality (also net neutrality, Internet neutrality) is a principle proposed for user access networks participating in the Internet that advocates no restrictions by Internet service providers and governments on content, sites, platforms, the kinds of equipment that may be attached, and the modes of communication

And that's a bad thing 'cause..............

LOL, YOU of all people talking about anything to do with the internet is a joke. You're the guy who claimed Harry Reid set up a phishing site. LMAO!!!

Please stick to shit you know, technology and the internet are obviously not it old man.

I didn't claim any such thing, I pointed out the fact that he did set up a site that seemed to be gathering information about his opponents donors. That, as I also pointed out, meets the legal definition of phishing. Can I help it if you insist you are smarter than everyone else on the planet when you are demonstrably not even as smart as rdean?

I didn't claim any such thing, I pointed out the fact that he did set up a site that seemed to be gathering information about his opponents donors. That, as I also pointed out, meets the legal definition of phishing. Can I help it if you insist you are smarter than everyone else on the planet when you are demonstrably not even as smart as rdean?

Phishing - In the field of computer security, phishing is the criminally fraudulent process of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication.

So Reid was trying to steal peoples usernames/passwords and CC info? Still want to stand by that phishing claim?

You can apologize anytime you're ready.

Last edited:

Phishing - In the field of computer security, phishing is the criminally fraudulent process of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication.

So Reid was trying to steal peoples usernames/passwords and CC info? Still want to stand by that phishing claim?

Again, phishing, as defined by US law, is exactly what Reid was doing. You can run around and pop up with the definition of phishing in Timbuktu if you want, but the fact remains that Reid, or his campaign, was phishing under US law. If you have a problem with that take it up with Congress, not me.

Last edited:

Again, phishing, as defined by US law, is exactly what Reid was doing. You can run around and pop up with the definition of phishing in Timbuktu if you want, but the fact remains that Reid, or his campaign, was phishing under US law. If you have a problem with that take it up with Congress, not me.

LOL, Ok. Show me where you get your "legal definition". I just Googled 'Phishing, legal definition' and this is the first result that came up.

Phishing Law & Legal Definition

Directly from their site: Phishing is the act of attempting to fraudulently acquire through deception sensitive personal information such as passwords and credit card details by assuming another's identity in an official-looking email, IM, etc.

So, again, you've been shown to be wrong since Reid never attempted to steal anyones passwords or credit info just like I stated earlier. You obviously do not understand what you're talking about. Care to admit your mistake now?

Last edited:
lol. conservatives won't be happy til we are just like China :p
China is what happens when leftists have free reign to do what they want.

are you completely fucking insane???

china immigration policy:
1-China has severe penalties for any illegal immigrants. North Koreans in particular, who regularly flee the horrible North Korean regime by crossing their border with China, when caught get a minimum of 12 years of hard labor, and in many cases are executed upon capture.
American replublican stance!

China's policy toward homosexuals:
All major religions in ancient China have some sort of codex, which have traditionally been interpreted as being against exclusive homosexuality when it interferes with continuation of the family lineage. Confucians believe that begetting children (especially sons) is a very important duty, so a person who only has same-gender lovers is not dutiful. Taoism emphasizes maintaining the balance between Yin and Yang. An exclusively male relationship is thought to be a Yang-Yang relationship and believed to be imbalanced and destructive; similarly a female relationship would be read as Yin-Yin.
American Republican stance!

A government-affiliated association monitors the activities of each of the five faiths. In cities such as Shanghai, a significant number of non-sanctioned churches and temples exist, attended by locals and foreigners alike. China does not permit "foreign domination" of religious affairs and religious bodies, due to fears of past colonialism and imperialism on the part of foreign missionaries.[2]

Religious groups are required to register with the State Administration for Religious Affairs (SARA, formerly known as the central Religious Affairs Bureau) or its provincial and local offices (still known as Religious Affairs Bureaus (RABs)). SARA and the RABs are responsible for monitoring and judging the legitimacy of religious activity.
Most closely resembles the American Republican stance!

Ideologies of communism are basically that the government gets to tell people how to act, what to think, how to spend their time and money, how to live their lives...just about everything.

The American Republican stance pretty much says the same thing. Republicans seem to want to be in control of everything that goes on in this country, and that free will be destroyed. If a Republican thinks anything I do to be "immoral" or any other thing they dont agree with, they want to make a law against it.

The American Democratic stance basically states that every individual is protected against discrimination and is able to live their lives in relative peace and harmony, without fear that someone else be able to take away their right to independence of thought and action, under reasonable circumstances.

I submit to you, that if either of the "leftist" or "rightwing" theories in this country are to lead us to be closer to China, it would be the Republicans.

Thanks for playing :)
what total BULLSHIT
are you trying to be the female rdean?

Forum List

Back