Republicans continue to commit political suicide.

But something had to be done.
Doing nothing may have led to an economic, and social catastrophe.

You guys keep saying this as if the something does not matter. AS I said, doing the wrong thing is worse than doing nothing at all.

Democrat logic is flawed here, You can not spend your way out of a problem created by to much spending.

You may be able to delay the problem and make it seem to get better for a short while, but in the long run you are just trading a short term gain, for even more pressing long term problems.

I really can not believe this is the great idea the dems have that will save us all.

Run a 2 Trillion dollar deficit in the first year of Obama's term?

Thats the answer to a problem caused by debt?

Oh brother.

You guys keep saying this as if the something does not matter. AS I said, doing the wrong thing is worse than doing nothing at all.

Democrat logic is flawed here, You can not spend your way out of a problem created by to much spending.

You may be able to delay the problem and make it seem to get better for a short while, but in the long run you are just trading a short term gain, for even more pressing long term problems.

I really can not believe this is the great idea the dems have that will save us all.

Oh brother.
all it does it delay the inevitable

Oh brother.

The problem was not created by too much spending.

The problem was created by too little regulation of the markets.

Oh brother.

yeah, keep believing that
hard to believe anyone can be as much of a moron as you display

Oh brother.

Warren Buffett called derivatives "financial instruments of mass destruction."

He predicted the collapse.

Warren Buffett called derivatives "financial instruments of mass destruction."

He predicted the collapse.

Actually this guy did a pretty good job of predicting this economic crisis. I think his insight back in 2006 was unbelievable....

Peter Schiff Predicted Financial Crisis Years Ago, Financial Talking Heads Literally Laughed In His Face

Last edited:
ahh children lets not forget...this bill grew roots under bush and is now coming to the budding stage under obama...the man hasnt been in office 30 days and listen to yall...
we really need leaders from both parties to step up and lead this country out of this mess...hopefully they will...we cannot afford 4 yrs of gridlock...this waiting on the salvation bill...is causing commerical gridlock...if lenders..banks and everyone else ...didnt think this bill will give them more than business in the private sector we would have seen banks and lenders renegociating loans..working with homeowners..but why should they when they can wait on bail out money?
Sometimes, I think a do nothing government is best for the people.
The bipartisanship of the last 2 years hasn't been that great, unless you think more government spending is great.

frazz, why are you lying?

We aren't tripling the National Debt. The National Debt is $10 trillion dollars.

To triple the National Debt, we would have to spend $20 trillion dollars.

Chris, I found out where you got that $10 trillion national debt figure -but its a phony and totally irrelevant figure to this discussion. You used the figure on some site that combined the personal debt of individuals and debt owed by companies and businesses in the private sector with the debt owed by government -but that isn't the real definition of national debt and it is quite deceptive to combine them. No one would combine personal debt in the private sector with that owed by government and call it "national debt" -except by those redefining the word for their own agenda.

National debt is the difference between government revenues and what it spends. That difference must be borrowed. But unlike individuals and businesses, government doesn't create its own wealth to pay its debt. Government revenues are simply what government takes from us -in the form of taxes. So what government must borrow is a debt owed and paid by the entire nation -and is the national debt.

My personal debt isn't owed by anyone but me, I cannot take your assets to pay it off. That means my debt is backed only by my assets -not yours. The government's debt is backed by the assets of every individual and business. For the average individual, if they had to pay their share of the national debt right now -it is a higher percent of their assets than that of their own personal debt. People and companies on average don't borrow as much against their own individual assets -as government is borrowing against our assets.

Because government debt is backed by everyone's assets, that means government can and WILL take a chunk of your assets, my assets and everyone else's assets to pay it off. That is why it is the national debt -because the assets of everyone in the nation have backed up this debt and it is the people of the nation who will pay it off. But the personal debt of individuals and companies is NOT part of the national debt because the nation doesn't owe it. Just the individual or business does. (What it means when private businesses want taxpayer funds because they made lousy business decisions is another topic.)

In 2008, the national debt was $455 billion. It took 232 YEARS for government to get there too. What should make a normal person's jaw drop to the ground is the fact it took just 3 MONTHS to more than double it to $1.2 trillion. With plans well underway to triple it within just a few more months. You liberals want to try and convince everyone else that if a Republican President and Republican Congress had passed this identical bill and had plans to triple the national debt in a matter of a few more MONTHS with the identical plans -that you would be no less supportive of it? Give it a try -the rest of us could use the laugh.

I have no problem saying that I wouldn't support this no matter which political party wanted to inflict this on the nation.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back