Republicans: Constitutional cherry pickers

That goes with both parties and both ideologies,imho. Getting rid of things in the Constitution such as the 16th and 17th isn't cherry picking, it's advocating change, supporting things like foreign aid,subsidies and UHC is not cherry picking either; it's ignoring the Constitution.

Last edited:
Republicans: Constitutional cherry pickers

When they're not making them up, they do the same thing with "facts".

Yeah this goes for both parties equally.

And, as was pointed out above, trying to amend the Constitution in the manner provided for in the Constitution is not in any way "against" the Constitution, regardless of which side is proposing the amendment.

SPIN METER: Republicans hot, cold on Constitution - Yahoo! News

They don't care about the Constitutional, they only care about doing whatever the hell they want to do when it suits them.

And this is different from the Democrats in what way exactly?

Excuse me but its not the democrats that are running around here branding themselves as "Constitutional" patriots when it suits their political agenda like when the Republican-conservatives do when they fight for "gun rights," they argued their position based on literal interpretation of the Constitution, the Democrats argued that what today's gun rights advocates and the writers of the Constitution had two different things in mind, the Republicans argued against this, now its the Republicans who are rejecting literal interpretation of the Constitution because guess what, it doesn't suit their agenda.

How is proposing amendments to the Constitution, as outlined in the Constitution itself, "cherry picking"?

Because da Bass sez so!

What the Bass is saying you monkey is that Republicans can't be Constitutional patriotic "purists" one minute and then go against it when it doesn't suit their agenda. Take that Sarah Palin retarded chick for example, when lefties and the media make fun of her and say things she doesn't like she never invokes the 1st Amendment of the Constitution she cries foul on how she's being wrong, Dr. Laura saying ****** 11 times on the air which is wrong and against FCC rules and what does Palin say? “Steps aside bc her 1st Amend.rights ceased 2exist thx 2activists trying 2silence ‘isn’t American,not fair."

Apparently according to that sorry excuse for a woman, conservatives, Teabaggers and Republicans have the 1st Amendment right to demean and disparage others but the same doesn't apply to people on the left, just read:

Sarah Palin Calls on Obama to Fire Rahm Emanuel for Offensive Comment - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Now how can that retarded woman call for Emmanuel's firing and yet tell Dr. Laura "don't retreat, reload based on Dr. Laura's allegedly having her 1st Amendment "right" to say ****** 11 times violated? It frigging hypocrisy you monkey.

That goes with both parties and both ideologies,imho. Getting rid of things in the Constitution such as the 16th and 17th isn't cherry picking, it's advocating change, supporting things like foreign aid,subsidies and UHC is not cherry picking either; it's ignoring the Constitution.

The argument that Democrats also do it is a strawman, it does *NOT* nullify the argument that Republicans are Constitutional cherry pickers, nor does it excuse their hypocrisy, that other political parties do it doesn't excuse nor rationalize their hypocrisy, nice try.

The argument that Democrats also do it is a strawman, it does *NOT* nullify the argument that Republicans are Constitutional cherry pickers, nor does it excuse their hypocrisy, that other political parties do it doesn't excuse nor rationalize their hypocrisy, nice try.

I don't see us disagreeing here if you think both cherry pick and both are hypocrites, am I missing something?:eusa_eh:

I don't see us disagreeing here if you think both cherry pick and both are hypocrites, am I missing something?:eusa_eh:

The topic isn't about Democrats, nor was it ever stated that Democrats are innocent of doing the same thing which makes bring that point up a strawman and a red herring.

The topic isn't about Democrats, nor was it ever stated that Democrats are innocent of doing the same thing which makes bring that point up a strawman and a red herring.

Touche', I will simply state that both do it,both need to be held to higher standards and we should give neither a pass by supporting the "lesser of evil".

I don't see the conflict with standing for constitutional principles and desiring to amend the crappy amendments to restore those original principles.

How on earth can anyone in favor of state and individual rights like the 16th and 17th amendments which remove the checks on the Federal Government and give them more power.

Hmm.

Oh, only Republicans? or both parties?

Seems to me, both sides cherry pick it. Left don't like 2nd Amendment some are in favor of repealing it. And the Republicans don't like the 14th Amendment due to the fact they think people who are born here no matter what are not able to be Citizens.

Hmm.

Oh, only Republicans? or both parties?

Seems to me, both sides cherry pick it. Left don't like 2nd Amendment some are in favor of repealing it. And the Republicans don't like the 14th Amendment due to the fact they think people who are born here no matter what are not able to be Citizens.

Eh, I don't have a problem with the 14th amendment. I do have some problems with the Court's interpretation of it. But that's another issue.

Now the 16th and 17th amendment, yes I have issues with those. Because they effect the checks and balances of our system.

Forum List

Back