Republicans/Conservatives - Would You Accept This Deal?

Would You Agree to Raise Taxes on High Income Earners?

• Total voters
Obiedoodle ran for the office....He won the office....He accepted the office....He spent the money....He fucking owns it.

Boy..you'd be good at some of the board meetings I use to attend. You could stand up in the face of some of these blowhard CEOs who justify their worth by saying stuff like "It was a mess when I came in here..look how far we came - Gimme my 50 million..I earned it."

Go for it. Because I've never seen you take on one of the Masters of the Universe.

:clap2:

Obiedoodle ran for the office....He won the office....He accepted the office....He spent the money....He fucking owns it.

Boy..you'd be good at some of the board meetings I use to attend. You could stand up in the face of some of these blowhard CEOs who justify their worth by saying stuff like "It was a mess when I came in here..look how far we came - Gimme my 50 million..I earned it."

Go for it. Because I've never seen you take on one of the Masters of the Universe.

So we're going to get four more years of gutless "I inherited this" deflection.

Gothca. :thup:

your first point is ridiculous.

your second point is correct....but not until after the bush tax cuts go away...

that way they can vote to lower taxes so they don't make grover cry
Both points are factual....That you refuse to recognize that the lamestream media is in the tank for the east coast leftist elite in general, and your matinee idol Obiedoodle in particular, is your cognitive delusion.

Your Boiking owns the "Bush tax cuts", as he has signed off on keeping those rates in place twice.

Because of the sequester agreement all tax rates will go up, regardless of Norquist.

Steer clear of the brown acid, m'kay?

listen, i can't help it if you have issues with reality...

i suppose the unskewed polls were right, too, huh?

as for the boiking garbage... save it... it's stupid.

Oddball makes a point every now & then BUT then he tosses out the "boiking" nonsense. Thanks for discounting yourself Oddball :)

Last edited:
Deficit spending's been relatively flat there, chief.

Flat, and horrendously high. $16.3 trillion and rising fast...

The real problem, when you bring in around $2 Trillion in tax revenue, is total federal spending:

2007 $2.7 Trillion
2008 $3.0 Trillion
2009 $3.5 Trillion
2010 $3.5 Trillion
2011 $3.6 Trillion

The Deficit went from surplus to horrendously high, starting when exactly?

If spending is slowing..which it is..it's reasonable to assume..that it will eventually reverse the trajectory.

And if that's the trend..why do you want that to stop?

:eusa_eh:

Your argument is like saying to a guy in the worst debt imaginable, "Hey, well done. Your only maxed out 10 credit cards this year. Last year, it was 11. Congratulations." We're still maxing out credit cards...THAT'S the problem! I don't want "only" 9 cards maxed out next year, I want none. This debt is going to kill us, so I don't find anything reasonable the amount of debt piling up, nor the ever-so-slight reduction in the rate of debt piling up. It's all horrendous.

We're going to get 4 more years of no fucking leadership in Washington, from any side......

Either both sides govern together, or we throw them all out in 2014.

We're going to get 4 more years of no fucking leadership in Washington, from any side......

You cut base line spending, trim fat, redundancy, and unfunded mandates to the States, you can get your tax increase on the top 2%.

However, the spending cuts MUST happen first. The baseline budgeting is not enough. In addition, any deal must contain legally binding language the prevents anyone, from any political party, from spending any of the revenue from the tax increase on ANYTHING other than debt reduction.

...any deal must contain legally binding language the prevents anyone, from any political party, from spending any of the revenue from the tax increase on ANYTHING other than debt reduction.

Sounds good but that requires another promise from Washington...kind of like PAYGO.

Ain't gonna happen.

Forum List

Back