Republicans/Conservatives - Would You Accept This Deal?

Would You Agree to Raise Taxes on High Income Earners?

• Total voters
Go over the fiscal cliff. Its the best deal all around. We heard all this whining in 1993, and what we got was a balanced budget...with a surplus! I'm not buying anything less. No deal is the best deal.

Republicans/Conservatives - Would You Accept This Deal?

Republicans/Conservatives - your expiration date has come due ... all's well that ends well.

Would you accept a deal that raised taxes on high income earners if the Democrats offered to cut baseline spending or absolute levels of spending?

If the spending cuts are not just defense and are not 10 years from now, I have no problem with raising taxes a bit as well. The problem is Obama is not offering any such thing. His opening offer was ignorant, He wants Congress to give him the sole power to raise the debt ceiling and offered no cuts but ask for more spending, another stimulus.

The press will softball it and people will not be informed on the ignorant deal offered. If the press refuses to publicize this I recommend the Republicans buy ads to inform people of what this President thinks compromise means.

I can remember a time not long ago, when GOP hopefuls were promising they wouldn't accept $10 in cuts for a $1 in tax increases.

Times sure do change fast.
Where are the non-military cuts?

Not that I don't believe that Pentagon spending needs some serious reigning in (it seriously does), but the left's cuts always, and I do mean always, begin and end with military spending.

A ~4% increase on the top marginal tax rate is insignificant to say the least.

The problem is spending.

If Democrats agree to substantially cut spending across the board, then yes, a slight increase for taxes on the wealthy would be a good compromise.

Cut spending....Period.

If those clowns in the District of Criminals can't make ends meet taking in $3+ trillion, then they're not even trying.

The Democrats will never have enough money to spend.
After they get the Bush tax cut ended it will not take them long
to start looking for more cash..
They are addicts.... :eusa_eh:

You have to put something on the table to facilitate compromise, but the problem is definately spending - not revenue! Fuck it though; I'm ready to jump off the cliff backwards.

You have to put something on the table to facilitate compromise, but the problem is definately spending - not revenue! Fuck it though; I'm ready to jump off the cliff backwards.

I would advocate for that as well.

But since Obama can't afford to allow taxes to go up on the poor and middle class (which is what will happen when the Bush tax cuts expire), he will likely reinstate them as the "Obama Tax Cuts" for the poor and take credit for saving the day.

All while further demonizing the GOP for "not caring about the poor and middle class" and "deliberately" raising their taxes.

No spending cuts will be made, and Obama is seen as the savior once again.

Would you accept a deal that raised taxes on high income earners if the Democrats offered to cut baseline spending or absolute levels of spending?

The way this should work is prove you can really cut spending first...

And maybe then we worry about revenue...

Currently they have way too much to delegate...

Cut spending....Period.

If those clowns in the District of Criminals can't make ends meet taking in $3+ trillion, then they're not even trying.

You people cut the taxes at the very time we were engaged in two wars. You policies resulted in the October meltdown in 2008. And you expect us to put any credibility in what you say? Reagan quadrupled the national debt. Bush Jr. doubled it. Neither of them had a recession descending rapidly into a Depression to deal with.

Yes, the Dems have practiced Tax and Spend. Much better than the Spend and Borrow habit that the GOP has.

Define High income.........

What I've seen so far is the Republicans giving an inch and the Democrats asking for 3 miles. And not offering anything back..........

They even want to remove the debt ceiling completely.........

No I won't go for it..........

Cut spending....Period.

You people cut the taxes at the very time we were engaged in two wars. You policies resulted in the October meltdown in 2008. And you expect us to put any credibility in what you say? Reagan quadrupled the national debt. Bush Jr. doubled it. Neither of them had a recession descending rapidly into a Depression to deal with.

Yes, the Dems have practiced Tax and Spend. Much better than the Spend and Borrow habit that the GOP has.

And Obama wants to double it again..........Come on man...........

I can remember a time not long ago, when GOP hopefuls were promising they wouldn't accept $10 in cuts for a $1 in tax increases.

Not that I don't believe that Pentagon spending needs some serious reigning in (it seriously does), but the left's cuts always, and I do mean always, begin and end with military spending.

I agree.

Nothing is sacred, and both sides are going to have to bleed if we want to honestly deal with our budget issues.

Cut spending....Period.

Boiking has spent the last four years borrowing and spending, Bubba.

Time to update your boilerplate.

I agree.

Nothing is sacred, and both sides are going to have to bleed if we want to honestly deal with our budget issues.
So, where are the non-military cuts?

I'll give odds that they're either nonexistent or merely lowering of projected baseline increases....Big odds.

Remember when Dems promised Reagan they'd cut spending by $2 for every dollar in tax increases?

This time is different.

Dems are gonna stop beating us this time

Forum List

Back