Republicans caused the economic crisis

How did businesses moving cause the housing crisis and other bubbles?

The burst of the housing bubble was caused by greed. The real estate/banking/investment industries set up a ponzi scheme; all ponzi schemes fail.
Business moving off shore, and the wealthy setting up foreign accounts to evade taxes are all examples of greed.
Joe six pack, and even Carl Cabernet suffer, they pay their share of taxes and go to work everyday, rarely engaging in schemes and under the table profit taking (i.e. insider trading, fraud, and theft).
How much pain did the aforementioned industries suffer? Today they and their fellow travelers are engaged in a full court press defending their greed as the 'American way'; only fools believe regulation enforced by elected officals is the cause of any bubble bursts - it is the failure of regulation to regulate which caused the financial meltdown in 2008.

The burst of the housing bubble was caused by greed. The real estate/banking/investment industries set up a ponzi scheme; all ponzi schemes fail.
Business moving off shore, and the wealthy setting up foreign accounts to evade taxes are all examples of greed.
Joe six pack, and even Carl Cabernet suffer, they pay their share of taxes and go to work everyday, rarely engaging in schemes and under the table profit taking (i.e. insider trading, fraud, and theft).
How much pain did the aforementioned industries suffer? Today they and their fellow travelers are engaged in a full court press defending their greed as the 'American way'; only fools believe regulation enforced by elected officals is the cause of any bubble bursts - it is the failure of regulation to regulate which caused the financial meltdown in 2008.

You voted for Clinton over Ross Perot didn't you. You asked for this & caused this, so quit whining. :(

You voted for Clinton over Ross Perot didn't you. You asked for this & caused this, so quit whining. :(

I did. A vote for a third party candidate is a wasted vote. Perot made some fine suggestions; do you really believe he could have passed legislation raising the federal tax on gasoline .50 cents per gallon or created a climate where greed wasn't the only 'traditional American value'?
The greed and power of the 'power elite' in America opposes change that may cost them power and control. Notice the full court press when reform of the health care industry was discussed? Notice today the amount of cash put forth by the oil industry to prevent change. Big oil beneficiaries will spend tens of millions of dollars to protect their interests; they have no interest in win-win policies.

I did. A vote for a third party candidate is a wasted vote. Perot made some fine suggestions; do you really believe he could have passed legislation raising the federal tax on gasoline .50 cents per gallon or created a climate where greed wasn't the only 'traditional American value'?
The greed and power of the 'power elite' in America opposes change that may cost them power and control. Notice the full court press when reform of the health care industry was discussed? Notice today the amount of cash put forth by the oil industry to prevent change. Big oil beneficiaries will spend tens of millions of dollars to protect their interests; they have no interest in win-win policies.

Your last post makes no sense.

Unlike you partisan hacks I stood in the news room of the St. Louis Post Dispatch right in front of Democrat Joseph Pulitzer's office door being ridiculed by & debating against a room full of fools like you after I told them I was voting for Ross Perot. Clinton signed into law all the things that you feel have been screwing you for the past 12 years. I call it Clinton/Gore war on the middle class. Their only dream is to take from the USA middle class & spread it around to the worlds poor. They took your job & oil from you & gave it to Asia. Every drop of oil in the world will be used by Asia weather we use it or not. You are a fool to vote to limit your own prosperity. Now the rich & powerful have the workers of the planet to exploit at even greater profit/wage disparity.

Your last post makes no sense.

Unlike you partisan hacks I stood in the news room of the St. Louis Post Dispatch right in front of Democrat Joseph Pulitzer's office door being ridiculed by & debating against a room full of fools like you after I told them I was voting for Ross Perot. Clinton signed into law all the things that you feel have been screwing you for the past 12 years. I call it Clinton/Gore war on the middle class. Their only dream is to take from the USA middle class & spread it around to the worlds poor. They took your job & oil from you & gave it to Asia. Every drop of oil in the world will be used by Asia weather we use it or not. You are a fool to vote to limit your own prosperity. Now the rich & powerful have the workers of the planet to exploit at even greater profit/wage disparity.

And you've proved you're an asshole, of the stupid variety.

PS: I reviewed your threads; it's no wonder you object to my posts and use ad hominem attacks - which you got right back at you - you've been brain washed by the power elite. Silly power elite, in your case a simple rinse would have been sufficient.

Last edited:

It was a horrendous monetary policy that caused it, greed is a symptom, not a cause. Blaming greed is like a kindergarten teacher taking coca colas and milk duds to class and then blaming the kids for having a sugar rush.

Here it is in a nutshell,imho.

The Federal Reserve cut interest rates to as low as 1% so that after inflation we had negative interest rates.

That caused mortgage rates to fall to an all time low.

That caused borrowing and lending to explode

This caused an increased demand and credit was extended to people with worse and worse credit ratings

FM/FM, derivatives etc. made all this "seem" less risky and people jumped on board like there was no tomorrow; it CREATED the greed which inflated the bubble that finally popped.

Greed caused this mess.

Some people are so greedy they place profit over country.

They cashed in even though they knew their short term vision of big bank accounts meant huge harm to our country and way life.

There were politicains who helped them get there on both sides.

Its the ideas of helping the corporate Kings own our system.

Had interest rates been ; say; 10% instead of 1%, the greediest bastards in America could not have caused this economic crisis.

Last edited:
The whole reason the laws for the finance markets were changed and then many of the laws ignored was Greed.

Greed caused this and only a turning away from greed can solve this mess.

But the Democrats have cleaned everything up so no need to worry! :D
They've been trying to. But Republicans want to stop them from cleaning up Republican fuck-ups. So far, they've been doing a pretty good job.
Republicans have their plans and policies already in place. After November, they want to:

1. Screw the Middle Class (That's what ObamaCare does)

2. Cut all taxes for corporations (Instead of taxing them to death eh?)

3. Privatize Social Security (Govt' has been doing a great job on that wouldn't you agree? Hint: It's bankrupt.)

4. Cut all unemployment (No, just stop it from continuing forever)

5. De-fund public schools (No, allow competition and end union monopoly on education)

6. Remove all safety regulations for clean air and clean water (The air water was fine millions of years before the EPA showed up)

7. Subsidize oil companies (As opposed to ban all drilling)

8. Stop feeding the poor (It's not the gubamints job to feed the poor)

9. Criminalize abortion (Abortion should stay legal just so you Liberals will continue killing your kids)

10. Invade Iraq (Invade Afhganistan instead right?)

Yes, they have plans. BIG plans. (Yes, you have deficits, BIG DEFICITS!)

Oh, and bring down the uppity black man in the "WHITE" House. (YOU voted for his skin color, we reject him for his POLICIES. The racist is YOU.)
Fixored? :lol:

I love it when you guys attempt to think on your own. The results are both hilarious and pitiful.

They've been trying to. But Republicans want to stop them from cleaning up Republican fuck-ups. So far, they've been doing a pretty good job.
Republicans have their plans and policies already in place. After November, they want to:

1. Screw the Middle Class (That's what ObamaCare does) I've posted links to both the house version and the final senate version of the health care bill and asked over and over again "What is it you don't like?" and not a single one of you could or would answer. This bill is good for the middle class in so many ways, I can't figure out if you just hate the middle class or you have never read a single part of the bill and you're just parroting what you've been taught.

2. Cut all taxes for corporations (Instead of taxing them to death eh?) You guys have said corporations simply pass the taxes on to the consumers. So who cares how much they are taxed. Where they make the money is when they can pay 100 dollars a MONTH for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week with no benefits. Is THAT what Republicans want for American workers? Is that the "PLAN"?

3. Privatize Social Security (Govt' has been doing a great job on that wouldn't you agree? Hint: It's bankrupt.) Social Security had a 2.5 trillion dollar surplus until the Bush 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut. You knew this right? We all knew this.

4. Cut all unemployment (No, just stop it from continuing forever) People have been paying into unemployment for 30 or 40 years. So they don't want to take a minimum wage job where there are already 5 other people standing in line for that job? And how much are unemployment benefits? Have you thought this through?

5. De-fund public schools (No, allow competition and end union monopoly on education) And what exactly is that "monopoly"? What should they be teaching? What kind of teachers do you want? Minimum wage? Do you want them to teach "magical creation"? You have to come up with creative ways to get good teachers. "Starve them" won't work for obvious reasons.

6. Remove all safety regulations for clean air and clean water (The air water was fine millions of years before the EPA showed up) The EPA made the water dirty? Are you insane?

7. Subsidize oil companies (As opposed to ban all drilling) Who said anything about banning ALL drilling? Did you just pull that out of your ass?

8. Stop feeding the poor (It's not the gubamints job to feed the poor) Let them starve. It was a Republican Lt. Governor who said, "If you feed the poor, they'll BREED". Starve them out of existence. For MOST Republicans, that seems to be a viable answer.

9. Criminalize abortion (Abortion should stay legal just so you Liberals will continue killing your kids) Republicans only want to get them born and them "fuck 'em", let the fuckers die. Republicans did their part.

10. Invade Iraq (Invade Afhganistan instead right?) You guys already invaded Afghanistan, THEN LET BIN LADEN GO! I meant to put "invade Iran" anyway.

Yes, they have plans. BIG plans. (Yes, you have deficits, BIG DEFICITS!) Inherited from the Bush administration. Two unpaid for wars, Medicare part D (1.3 trillion to 5 trillion) and a 2.4 trillion dollar tax break, both unpaid for, both passed with reconciliation. The list is endless. Just the shear number of no bid contracts in Iraq, Afghanistan and after Katrina is in the hundreds of billions with billions not even accounted for. Every investigation by the Democrats squashed.

Oh, and bring down the uppity black man in the "WHITE" House. (YOU voted for his skin color, we reject him for his POLICIES. The racist is YOU.) Democrats don't refer to him as a "man child". What is another name for "man child"? "Boy" perhaps? Black Americans aren't going to forget how this president was treated by the "White Confederate Conservative Christian Republican Party of Teabags". Not for a loooooong time.

-----------------------------

You see what I mean. When are any of you going to "debate"? The things you say are so far away from reality. To the point of raving lunacy. "It's not the gubamints job to feed the poor"? That comes from you people, from Republicans. It's going to be a long, hard and bitter lesson, but I suspect America will learn.

Last edited by a moderator:
REPUBLICANS CAUSED THE ECONOMIC CRISIS

Republican who allowed business to move overseas in search of cheap labor are the cause of the economic crisis. When they move they took jobs and put Americans out or work. Those who lost their jobs earned no money to buy food, clothing, shelter and services from business that did not move over seas and they were not making a profit and they had to lay off workers and some when bankrupt because of business moving overseas. Business that went overseas affected every aspect of the economy. Banks, constructions, wall street, etc. No matter how much taxes breaks you give business, if no one is earning money no one is buying to support those business that did not go overseas. Banks giving them loan will not cause people to buy who are not earning money. They only thing that will fix our economy is taxing those businesses so heavily that it is no longer profitable for them to conduct overseas and they will bring those jobs back here putting American back to work earning money and spending and paying taxes. And supporting other businesses. Only then will our economy recover. We cannot create jobs with business are not here.
We bailed out the auto industry and then they took their businesses to Mexico. The stimulus did not work as well as it should have because business had moved . We will not have an economy recovery until those jobs return.
Whom ever is responsible for allowing those businesses to leave the county need their butts kick in November and in 2012

Shipping Jobs Overseas: How Real Is the Problem?
How Many Jobs Will Be Lost? Forrester Research Inc. predicts U.S. employers will move 3.4 million white-collar jobs and $136 billion in wages overseas by ...
Shipping Jobs Overseas: How Real Is the Problem? - Cached

I presume that means that you'll be voting for some party other than the Democrats or Republicans, then?

Because clearly BOTH parties are responsible for the last 50 years of outsourcing.

FYI it used to be the REPUBLICANS who opposed that processm but they were nearly always the party of the minority so it didn't much matter what those old time nationalists thought.

REPUBLICANS CAUSED THE ECONOMIC CRISIS

Republican who allowed business to move overseas in search of cheap labor are the cause of the economic crisis.

How very Ignorant. One of the Worst culprits in causing our Jobs to flee was NAFTA.

BILL CLINTONS BABY!!

Stupid ass, Bill Clinton signed on to it, but it was Bush Sr.'s baby.

Another Big Cause. UNION CONTRACTS. Hmm another Democrat baby.

Ah yes, let us blame the working stiff because he wants a fair wage. Not only that, but blame him also for not spending money he does not have on consumer goods, thus further depressing the market.

Real nice blame game you neo-cons have going there. And in the meantime, the European worker continues to pull ahead of the American worker with a better standard of living.

Another Big Cause. THE HIGHEST COOPERATE TAX RATE ON EARTH. Another Democrat BABY.

Really? You expect anybody to swallow that old lie? Our corperations do not pay near the tax rate that is on the books because of all the deductions. In fact, some of them paid no taxes and actually had money returned to them in spite of a multi-billion dollar profit. Talk about welfare queens.

ANOTHER CAUSE RISKY LENDING PRACTICES ENCOURAGED BY THE CRA. Democrat BAby

Really getting stupid here, now aren't we. Bush Jr. bragged about the home loans his admin were creating that required no down payments.

You people sound so foolish repeating this crap over and over and over.

This crisis was Decades in the making Both Parties share blame.

4 Years of Democrat Rule in Congress and 2 years of A democrat in the WH has given us a small bit of growth which is dying out, and a HUGE additions to the DEBT, Another Cause of this problem to begin with.

So clueless.

It was and still is the Repukes driving the deregulation game in finances. In spite of the fact that the regulations were placed there because of a previous Great Republican Depression. Phil Gramm was one of the key players, even as his wife sat on the Board of Directors of Enron. Typical Republican morality.

Why did you quote me then make your comments inside my quote?

I love it when you guys attempt to think on your own. The results are both hilarious and pitiful.

1. Screw the Middle Class (That's what ObamaCare does) I've posted links to both the house version and the final senate version of the health care bill and asked over and over again "What is it you don't like?" and not a single one of you could or would answer. This bill is good for the middle class in so many ways, I can't figure out if you just hate the middle class or you have never read a single part of the bill and you're just parroting what you've been taught.

2. Cut all taxes for corporations (Instead of taxing them to death eh?) You guys have said corporations simply pass the taxes on to the consumers. So who cares how much they are taxed. Where they make the money is when they can pay 100 dollars a MONTH for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week with no benefits. Is THAT what Republicans want for American workers? Is that the "PLAN"?

3. Privatize Social Security (Govt' has been doing a great job on that wouldn't you agree? Hint: It's bankrupt.) Social Security had a 2.5 trillion dollar surplus until the Bush 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut. You knew this right? We all knew this.

4. Cut all unemployment (No, just stop it from continuing forever) People have been paying into unemployment for 30 or 40 years. So they don't want to take a minimum wage job where there are already 5 other people standing in line for that job? And how much are unemployment benefits? Have you thought this through?

5. De-fund public schools (No, allow competition and end union monopoly on education) And what exactly is that "monopoly"? What should they be teaching? What kind of teachers do you want? Minimum wage? Do you want them to teach "magical creation"? You have to come up with creative ways to get good teachers. "Starve them" won't work for obvious reasons.

6. Remove all safety regulations for clean air and clean water (The air water was fine millions of years before the EPA showed up) The EPA made the water dirty? Are you insane?

7. Subsidize oil companies (As opposed to ban all drilling) Who said anything about banning ALL drilling? Did you just pull that out of your ass?

8. Stop feeding the poor (It's not the gubamints job to feed the poor) Let them starve. It was a Republican Lt. Governor who said, "If you feed the poor, they'll BREED". Starve them out of existence. For MOST Republicans, that seems to be a viable answer.

9. Criminalize abortion (Abortion should stay legal just so you Liberals will continue killing your kids) Republicans only want to get them born and them "fuck 'em", let the fuckers die. Republicans did their part.

10. Invade Iraq (Invade Afhganistan instead right?) You guys already invaded Afghanistan, THEN LET BIN LADEN GO! I meant to put "invade Iran" anyway.

Yes, they have plans. BIG plans. (Yes, you have deficits, BIG DEFICITS!) Inherited from the Bush administration. Two unpaid for wars, Medicare part D (1.3 trillion to 5 trillion) and a 2.4 trillion dollar tax break, both unpaid for, both passed with reconciliation. The list is endless. Just the shear number of no bid contracts in Iraq, Afghanistan and after Katrina is in the hundreds of billions with billions not even accounted for. Every investigation by the Democrats squashed.

Oh, and bring down the uppity black man in the "WHITE" House. (YOU voted for his skin color, we reject him for his POLICIES. The racist is YOU.) Democrats don't refer to him as a "man child". What is another name for "man child"? "Boy" perhaps? Black Americans aren't going to forget how this president was treated by the "White Confederate Conservative Christian Republican Party of Teabags". Not for a loooooong time.

-----------------------------

You see what I mean. When are any of you going to "debate"? The things you say are so far away from reality. To the point of raving lunacy. "It's not the gubamints job to feed the poor"? That comes from you people, from Republicans. It's going to be a long, hard and bitter lesson, but I suspect America will learn.

1. Is a lie. Repubs and centrists, alike have proposed dozens of alternatives.

2. Is ludicrous. So we tax corporation infinitely so they can send our prices through the roof???? You really detest success that much.

3. Link?

4. "People" do not pay in to UEC, employers do. besides, he said just don;t let it go on forever.

5. The monopoly is that all teaching jobs are union jobs, hired by government. Two entities that have proven that they don't care about the cost of services to others. Pay should be based on results, not by the card in their wallet.

6. Both remarks are silly, actually.....

7. :eusa_eh:

8. Charity is freely given by many. I think American's good will can care for the down-trodden better than the Fed.

9. Another matching set of ridiculous remarks.

10. How about we say fuck BOTH Iraq and Afghan??!!!

**Bushwhacked**

It was and still is the Repukes driving the deregulation game in finances. In spite of the fact that the regulations were placed there because of a previous Great Republican Depression. Phil Gramm was one of the key players, even as his wife sat on the Board of Directors of Enron. Typical Republican morality.

Aaahh, the old Phil Gramm did it to us. He wasn't a majority leader, Vice President or President. He was but one Senate vote, powerless to make this law. It was Bill Clinton who signed the laws pushing Sub-Prime mortgages & deregulating the financial system in order to create them.

Clinton/Gore also wanted to create carbon swaps so Clinton signed the Commodity Futures Modernization act into law creating the Enron Loophole & sky high gas prices. Without Bill Clinton's signature neither of these bills would have become law & this economic meltdown would not have happened.

If we consider Islam a legitimate religion, we must also understand their right to pray where you want. Personally built a church near the place I think would be a great thing.Without the secondary mortgage sector is not likely to be a nation of homeowners. Democrats are proud of these programs, which have been around longer than most people have been alive. This does not mean that the programs are perfect.

1. Screw the Middle Class

2. Cut all taxes for corporations

3. Privatize Social Security

4. Cut all unemployment

5. De-fund public schools

6. Remove all safety regulations for clean air and clean water

7. Subsidize oil companies

8. Stop feeding the poor

9. Criminalize abortion

10. Invade Iraq

Yes, they have plans. BIG plans.

Oh, and bring down the uppity black man in the "WHITE" House.

How about some links, you lying sack of shit?

Don't even bother. You are dealing with one of the most dishonest, and simpleminded Ultra Partisan hacks on this Board.

1. Screw the Middle Class

2. Cut all taxes for corporations

3. Privatize Social Security

4. Cut all unemployment

5. De-fund public schools

6. Remove all safety regulations for clean air and clean water

7. Subsidize oil companies

8. Stop feeding the poor

9. Criminalize abortion

10. Invade Iraq

Yes, they have plans. BIG plans.

Oh, and bring down the uppity black man in the "WHITE" House.

LMAO!! So you're saying that the DEMS with a majority on BOTH houses couldn't fix things because the REPUBS stopped them? If true, then how come they couldn't stop obamacare?

ROFLMAOPIMPWTIME!!!!!!

Forum List

Back