Republicans block Obama from recess appointments

Well, since Obama is on record saying he thinks they are a bad thing when Bush did it, I don't think he will mind much.

Also, this is the third thread on this.

Since I have not looked for these can you tell me if this is the third thread started by Truthdoesntmatter on this one topic? If not, I suspect we will have five more by her on this one subject before the week is out.

Immie

at least.....she had 3-4 about Republican Voter Fraud....:lol:

so voter fraud is not worthy of a thread and our consideration?

condoning voter fraud is very unamericam.

Did you defend Bush when Reid did it to him?

No as a matter of fact I did not. Or perhaps you would care to provide evidence I did? I have been posting for quite some time.

I asked you a question like you did TM.

I'll loosely accept that you are telling the truth.

On second thought I did a lil research.

You defended him.

This seems to be the only way to keep Bush from ushering more harmful appointments who would never make through a Senate hearing anyhow.

Any president that uses the recess to circumvent Constitutional law should be slapped, but that God we have some Senators willing to put an end to this practice.

Are you stupid? It is Constitutional to make the appointments. Another moron that can not read nor comprehend the document that establishes our Government at the Federal level.

And remember these words when the Senate is controlled by Republicans and they finally do to a Democrat what the Democrats have done to this President.

I am not stupid. I am fed up with Bush and his hellbent intent on destroying America for the poor. He wants the industrialists to control America because that is his base, his constituency, his people. Not you or I. We are fodder for his war efforts, we are consumers for the people that matter more...the wealthy.

You better wake up. And I did say that any president that does what Bush has done with appointments deserves the same fate. I am not focusing on Bush or the Republicans, I am focusing on corruption.

What a tool. Remind me of all the charges against Bush or Cheney. Ohh wait, there are none. Bush has been VERY restrained in recess appointments, appointing only those that Congress refused to even vote on. The intent was that the Senate advice the President, not block his appointees by back room deals to prevent a Senate vote. The "corruption" would be the Democrats that took it to that level and did not have the fortitude to abide by a majority vote, relying on political dirty tricks like sending in one Senator a day.

Ouch

Last edited:
No as a matter of fact I did not. Or perhaps you would care to provide evidence I did? I have been posting for quite some time.

You defended him.

I am not stupid. I am fed up with Bush and his hellbent intent on destroying America for the poor. He wants the industrialists to control America because that is his base, his constituency, his people. Not you or I. We are fodder for his war efforts, we are consumers for the people that matter more...the wealthy.

You better wake up. And I did say that any president that does what Bush has done with appointments deserves the same fate. I am not focusing on Bush or the Republicans, I am focusing on corruption.

What a tool. Remind me of all the charges against Bush or Cheney. Ohh wait, there are none. Bush has been VERY restrained in recess appointments, appointing only those that Congress refused to even vote on. The intent was that the Senate advice the President, not block his appointees by back room deals to prevent a Senate vote. The "corruption" would be the Democrats that took it to that level and did not have the fortitude to abide by a majority vote, relying on political dirty tricks like sending in one Senator a day.

Ouch

Well I can not remember every thing. But generally Congress should not have the power to circumvent the Powers granted by the Constitution and I would say this is a circumvention.

The Constitution provides checks and balances even here. A recess appointment can only serve until the next Congress when they must resign or be approved by the Senate.

Now as to Truthmatters? DID she complain when the Democrats did it or is she a hypocrite?

You defended him.

Ouch

Well I can not remember every thing. But generally Congress should not have the power to circumvent the Powers granted by the Constitution and I would say this is a circumvention.

The Constitution provides checks and balances even here. A recess appointment can only serve until the next Congress when they must resign or be approved by the Senate.

Now as to Truthmatters? DID she complain when the Democrats did it or is she a hypocrite?

I'd bet a lot of money that she didn't complain when the Democrats did it and that she is a hypocrite just like you.

You defended him.

Ouch

I'd bet a lot of money that she didn't complain when the Democrats did it and that she is a hypocrite just like you.

Actually you would need to find in this thread where I supported the House in this move. All I have done is question whether or not Truthmatters supported the Democrats when they did it.

Actually you would need to find in this thread where I supported the House in this move. All I have done is question whether or not Truthmatters supported the Democrats when they did it.

Your answer to my question said it all.....

Did you complain when Reid did this to Bush?

Did you defend Bush when Reid did it to him?

Prolly best to walk away now, dude, you've been nailed to a wall.

You defended him.

Ouch

At least give him credit for not tuck tail and running. Most posters would just conviently dissapear after being busted like that. Props to him for sucking it up and continuing the debate. And kudos to you for not being a total dick about it.

At least give him credit for not tuck tail and running. Most posters would just conviently dissapear after being busted like that. Props to him for sucking it up and continuing the debate. And kudos to you for not being a total dick about it.

Yeah, RGS is usually pretty good at admitting his errors when they are this cut and dry.

In his defense this is one of those issues where many people here take a hypocritical stance on depending on who is in charge.

At least give him credit for not tuck tail and running. Most posters would just conveniently disappear after being busted like that. Props to him for sucking it up and continuing the debate. And kudos to you for not being a total dick about it.

Yeah, RGS is usually pretty good at admitting his errors when they are this cut and dry.

In his defense this is one of those issues where many people here take a hypocritical stance on depending on who is in charge.

I try not to get wrapped up in the minutia of the little shit. Although at times I post on here after a few drinks only to go "wtf was I thinking" the next day.

clitwhistle....

.:rofl:

i am not touching that.....:eusa_whistle:

No, really....

you guyzzzzzzz!
So much work, so little time!

clitwhistle....

.:rofl:

No, really....

neither is this guy...

mchammer.jpg

No, really....

neither is this guy...

mchammer.jpg

hammer time!

thieves!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I have not looked for these can you tell me if this is the third thread started by Truthdoesntmatter on this one topic? If not, I suspect we will have five more by her on this one subject before the week is out.

Immie

at least.....she had 3-4 about Republican Voter Fraud....:lol:

so voter fraud is not worthy of a thread and our consideration?

condoning voter fraud is very unamericam.

yea thats what i was saying US......pay attention to whats happening ....your starting to sound as clueless as Truth herself.....

Forum List

Back