Republicans Block Bill To Extend Low Interest Rates For Student Loans

And how do you do it??

Go to community college for the first year or 2...
Postpone college while you work and save
Join the military for the GI Bill/College fund
Earn a scholarship
Work a job that offers tuition assistance or reimbursement
Work while you go to school
Go to school part time and do what you can afford
Get a fucking loan yourself
Sell your toys
Play scratch off tickets
Win the WSOP
Find a charity willing to help
get help from family
Beg on the street corner
Sell solid gold pencils
Pray to Loki for money in exchange for loyalty
Go to trade school and not college right away

The possibilities are fucking endless.... you are not OWED it.. you are not to be guaranteed a loan by the government... and you are responsible for yourself as an adult

When did I say that the government owes me the right to go to college? They provide loans to help less fortunate people have a chance to go to college.

And screw you for saying get a job. I did get a job but I still needed help and I know I'm not alone. The purpose of a loan is to help in the short term but you have to pay it off long term. It's not like it's free money.

You are not owed a loan from the government for college either.. that is not a charge of the government and goes against the principle of personal responsibility as an adult... your FURTHER ADULT EDUCATION is a WANT.... that you are responsible for ... and if you want it, it is ENTIRELY up to YOU to do what it takes to obtain it... and you have the freedom to succeed or to fail in trying to obtain that all on your own... and that is what the government owes you in this.. the freedom to do it, or not do it, all for yourself

I am correcting your false assumption you know what you are talking about.

Because you call my findings (and those of Mises, Hayek, etc) 'false assumptions' and that you do so with no logic, reason or evidence does not make it so. I get you only have emotionally based arguments on which to rely...but that's not how everyone thinks.

Most trained professionals in the social sciences, art, humantiies, economics, and finance don't really consider the hack of the far libertarian and those of the far conservative wings as correct in their conclusions.

My arguments are not emotionally based.

Your reactions are simply because you are told your conclusions are wrong.

Get over it.

And the federal government is supposed to be your personal loan officer? Your own personal bank??

Nah... don't think so

Congress and the banks have disagreed with that perception for fifty years.

And while POLITICIANS disagree because of pandering for votes... that still does not make the federal government your personal loan officer or bank

Sorry charlie

That is merely your opinion, but you are entitled to it, charlie.

Congress and the banks have disagreed with that perception for fifty years.

And while POLITICIANS disagree because of pandering for votes... that still does not make the federal government your personal loan officer or bank

Sorry charlie

Uhhh.. nope.... because if it were just opinion.. I would be contradicted by the section of the constitution that gave the federal government to power to be your loan officer or your personal lender for your wants...

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Sorry charlie

Uhhh.. nope.... because if it were just opinion.. I would be contradicted by the section of the constitution that gave the federal government to power to be your loan officer or your personal lender for your wants...

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Yep. The treasury was never meant to be the private piggybank of politicians.
icon14.gif

Sorry charlie

This has already been decided by those far above you in intelligence and in pay grade and status. It's constitutional and you are unhappy. I understand.

This has already been decided by those far above you in intelligence and in pay grade and status. It's constitutional and you are unhappy. I understand.

It has been pandered by politicians in spite of the strict limited powers granted by the constitution to the federal government.... period...

If not.. you could simply point out the specific power listed and granted to the federal government to be a loan officer, or bank for your personal needs... feel free to point it out

It has been pandered by politicians in spite of the strict limited powers granted by the constitution to the federal government.... period...

If not.. you could simply point out the specific power listed and granted to the federal government to be a loan officer, or bank for your personal needs... feel free to point it out

Ummm . . . yes, it has. You are not a constitutional expert. You are not Congress, you are not SCOTUS, you are not the judiciary. Sorry, bud, tis what tis.

I was just going to say, "money doesn't grow on trees." lol

And I realized at a young age that money is fairly important so EARN and SAVE as much of it as you can.

Last edited:
And how do you do it??

Go to community college for the first year or 2...
Postpone college while you work and save
Join the military for the GI Bill/College fund
Earn a scholarship
Work a job that offers tuition assistance or reimbursement
Work while you go to school
Go to school part time and do what you can afford
Get a fucking loan yourself
Sell your toys
Play scratch off tickets
Win the WSOP
Find a charity willing to help
get help from family
Beg on the street corner
Sell solid gold pencils
Pray to Loki for money in exchange for loyalty
Go to trade school and not college right away

The possibilities are fucking endless.... you are not OWED it.. you are not to be guaranteed a loan by the government... and you are responsible for yourself as an adult

When did I say that the government owes me the right to go to college? They provide loans to help less fortunate people have a chance to go to college.

And screw you for saying get a job. I did get a job but I still needed help and I know I'm not alone. The purpose of a loan is to help in the short term but you have to pay it off long term. It's not like it's free money.

You are not owed a loan from the government for college either.. that is not a charge of the government and goes against the principle of personal responsibility as an adult... your FURTHER ADULT EDUCATION is a WANT.... that you are responsible for ... and if you want it, it is ENTIRELY up to YOU to do what it takes to obtain it... and you have the freedom to succeed or to fail in trying to obtain that all on your own... and that is what the government owes you in this.. the freedom to do it, or not do it, all for yourself

The government should encourage people to go to college and student loans are their way of doing it. That was why they were put in place and that is why they are still available.

The rising cost of college has more to do with fewer alternatives then higher availability. If you want a decent job that covers health care and the necessities of life, then a college degree is a must. When free or cheaper online college becomes more prevalent, then colleges will be forced to lower their prices.

Last edited:
I am correcting your false assumption you know what you are talking about.

Because you call my findings (and those of Mises, Hayek, etc) 'false assumptions' and that you do so with no logic, reason or evidence does not make it so. I get you only have emotionally based arguments on which to rely...but that's not how everyone thinks.

Your post means nothing because it is out of content. Reply to my full comments: "Ad hominem is an attack on personality. // I am correcting your false assumption you know what you are talking about. // You don't. And here is the part you left out that demonstrates my point: "You could, and if you did, all we could do is shake our head and admit that sometimes advanced education can't help an ideologue."

See you like cherry picking, which is what you are doing with the historical narrative. You have to take it in its totality and context. Do that and we will talk.

Ummm . . . yes, it has. You are not a constitutional expert. You are not Congress, you are not SCOTUS, you are not the judiciary. Sorry, bud, tis what tis.

Simply point out the power granted by the constitution to the federal government.. here's the link AGAIN

Show the specific power granted and I will admit I am wrong

The government should encourage people to go to college and student loans are their way of doing it. That was why they were put in place and that is why they are still available.

The rising cost of college has more to do with fewer alternatives then higher availability. If you want a decent job that covers health care and the necessities of life, then a college degree is a must. When free or cheaper online college becomes more prevalent, then colleges will be forced to lower their prices.

Encourage your want.. .yep.. they can say and preach all they or you want about the benefits of you furthering your own education as an adult... you will get no argument from me there

However... as stated SO MANY FUCKING TIMES.... you are responsible for your own personal wants and needs as an adult... you are not owed it nor are you owed the assistance... nor is the federal government empowered or charged to be your personal loan office or bank

The rising cost of the particular place for education, type of degree, or whatever is irrelevant... it is part of your want... there are indeed alternatives and alternative ways for you to go about providing your want for yourself.. but that is not what you want to hear...

Simply point out the power granted by the constitution to the federal government.. here's the link AGAIN

Don't have to. You are wrong, and you know you are wrong. You argue just to argue.

Don't have to. You are wrong, and you know you are wrong. You argue just to argue.

No... if I were wrong.. you could simply point out the specific power granted and shut me up on the issue...

The fact is that there is NO power granted to the federal government for this... and that it has been done thru politicians for pandering and going beyond the granted powers of the government... much as it has for decades...

Again... point it out... win the argument.. end the debate... all you have to do is show the text, show the granting of power, show the charge of the federal government from the very document that grants it all of its powers

We'll be waiting, you blow hard

dave, you have a non arguement and I don't have to point to anything. I get a kick when someboy says, "I have proof!", posts the Constitution, and stands back with his arms crossed. Try that in state and federal court, and the judge will sidebar the attorney's ass in a heartbeat with a stern warning to not try that again.

But I will let you have the last word on this.

dave, you have a non arguement and I don't have to point to anything. I get a kick when someboy says, "I have proof!", posts the Constitution, and stands back with his arms crossed. Try that in state and federal court, and the judge will sidebar the attorney's ass in a heartbeat with a stern warning to not try that again.

But I will let you have the last word on this.

I have the constitution to back up my claims.. you have you deeming yourself right

And funny... there are already lawsuits challenging the government to defend the constitutionality of its acts with federal college loans...

All powers of the federal government are granted by the constitution... not by what it decides to grant to itself.. and there is a process of amendment to broaden or narrow the powers granted... none of which has been done to empower the federal government with what it is doing in this matter or various other matters....

Nobody is arguing that they do it currently... it is argued however, that there is zero power granted to the federal government to do so... and that argument is specifically and clearly backed up by the constitution itself

New Topics

Forum List

Back