Republicans block aid to cops and firemen. Vote accordingly.

Well, on the eve of the election, I figured Id see one last time of the GOP attitude towards cops and firemen has changed. To see if maybe Romney should get my vote, or any GOP candidate on local ballots.

"Fuck the public servants" was the theme, and actual direct quote from "SniperFire". Guess nothing has changed.

OMG! That's fucking hilarious!

Ah, and thats why I'll never vote Republican again.

"Fuck the overpaying (she mean overpaid) public servants". Thats the new GOP theme.

So, SniperFire, would you also say "Fuck the Troops"??? See....they protect the same 300,000,000 Americans that those firemen and cops protect. A caveman in Afghanistan with an AK, or a thug on MLK Boulevard with a 9 and a bad budget......both threats to innocent Americans, right?

I get your message loud and clear, like most of the GOP: "Fuck the cops and firemen". Got it.

No. They are not overpaid.

They aren't? They get lifetime, FREE health insurance, for only 20 years of work? At age 38, they can retire and live off the taxpayer for life? FREE housing, on MY TAX dime? And, the majority of military folks aren't combat troops. Many never leave the country. An old coworker of mine was a Navy helicopter mechanic. He joked about how little they worked, and how much extra pay they got, for doing nothing most days.

But I'm ok with that. They protect us. People who risk their lives deserve perks and pay. Including cops and firemen. But....thats "different" right?

If the local cops got to retire at age 38 with lifetime benefits and got free housing while in service, you folks would be outraged. But....the Navy cook gets it, and its "Support the Troops"!!!!!

Its a stark contrast in how you right wingers treat the military folks who bravely protect us, and the local folks who also protect us. You support one group rabidly, without question, to almost any measure.......but the other group, you say "Fuck 'em". It would be quite an interesting sociological study, of how one group could have such a contrasting level of support for people who protect them, with the only difference being scale and title.
My dear Grandmother took me out to the streets when American Legion Poppies went on sale to help pay hospital costs for severely wounded Veterans of WWI, WWII and Korea, when I was 4 years old. We had a good time, and people bought poppies and paid sometimes a whole quarter or a handful. I didn't know why some of them put so much money in the little glass jar that had a lid Grandpa fixed with a hold like a piggy bank on top, but they did. Grandma thanked every one of them for giving money to go to help vets.

She'd been a schoolmarm while Grandpa served in WWI, and mom, my brother and I went to live with them while our father served in Korea, so there I was, holding her hand and waving at the nice people who put money in the jar.

My father came back from Korea after serving in WWII also. When he came back from Korea, he had to sit a lot at first because he had shrapnel in him they couldn't get out. He served again in the Cold War and we moved to Ft. Richardson AK when I was 8.

Some of us are just born to be army brats, bucs90, because our families loved this country and served it for generations.

You're coming across like a bull in a china closet by the blanket statement that we favor military folk over police. How can that be? My kid's a cop, and several people who post here as conservatives are either active or retired public servants in that capacity.

Go have a hot chocolate at the coffeeshop on me. You have the day-before-the-election jitters, and your guy is a point behind the conservative guy. What will be will be. We've pretty much said all there is to be said, and now, it's in the hands of our fellow Americans who gets picked.

Why say things that may not be true, are not representative of what just people like us talk about at political sites, where actually its the objective debate we should be fighting and not each other's character based on what one or two people said that didn't go down well.

Just sayin.' :eusa_whistle:

The American people who haven't already voted speak tomorrow. Then we'll know more about how to get together and work on our divisions. It's just a good thing to keep channels open, you know?

Don't listen to the man behind the curtain. Mitt Romney wants MORE Police, Firemen and Teachers.

oz_curtain.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back