Republicans block aid to cops and firemen. Vote accordingly.

Our firemen are all volunteer. Great guys.

Fuck the overpaying public servants.

But speaking of that........I wonder how an all-volunteer (non paid) police department would do? Or a minimum wage police department?

And....its ironic that the gated communities, and the more well-off neighborhoods, call 911 5x more than the ghettos. Sad but true. Ask any cop. The ones who would cut their pay and benefits the most.......also consume their service the most. Ironic, right?

Ah, and thats why I'll never vote Republican again.

"Fuck the overpaying (she mean overpaid) public servants". Thats the new GOP theme.

So, SniperFire, would you also say "Fuck the Troops"??? See....they protect the same 300,000,000 Americans that those firemen and cops protect. A caveman in Afghanistan with an AK, or a thug on MLK Boulevard with a 9 and a bad budget......both threats to innocent Americans, right?

I get your message loud and clear, like most of the GOP: "Fuck the cops and firemen". Got it.

No. They are not overpaid.

"Fuck the overpaying (she mean overpaid) public servants". Thats the new GOP theme.

So, SniperFire, would you also say "Fuck the Troops"??? See....they protect the same 300,000,000 Americans that those firemen and cops protect. A caveman in Afghanistan with an AK, or a thug on MLK Boulevard with a 9 and a bad budget......both threats to innocent Americans, right?

I get your message loud and clear, like most of the GOP: "Fuck the cops and firemen". Got it.

LOL

Yeah, that's what turned you.

LOL

Fucking clown

But speaking of that........I wonder how an all-volunteer (non paid) police department would do? Or a minimum wage police department?

And....its ironic that the gated communities, and the more well-off neighborhoods, call 911 5x more than the ghettos. Sad but true. Ask any cop. The ones who would cut their pay and benefits the most.......also consume their service the most. Ironic, right?

I wouldn't advise it, but that is up to your local community to decide.

Don't ask the Federal taxpayer to fund it.

They aren't? They get lifetime, FREE health insurance, for only 20 years of work? At age 38, they can retire and live off the taxpayer for life? FREE housing, on MY TAX dime? And, the majority of military folks aren't combat troops. Many never leave the country. An old coworker of mine was a Navy helicopter mechanic. He joked about how little they worked, and how much extra pay they got, for doing nothing most days.

But I'm ok with that. They protect us. People who risk their lives deserve perks and pay. Including cops and firemen. But....thats "different" right?

If the local cops got to retire at age 38 with lifetime benefits and got free housing while in service, you folks would be outraged. But....the Navy cook gets it, and its "Support the Troops"!!!!!

Its a stark contrast in how you right wingers treat the military folks who bravely protect us, and the local folks who also protect us. You support one group rabidly, without question, to almost any measure.......but the other group, you say "Fuck 'em". It would be quite an interesting sociological study, of how one group could have such a contrasting level of support for people who protect them, with the only difference being scale and title.

So you'd support slashing all funding for the FBI, DEA, ATF, Border Patrol? Those are non-military Law Enforcement jobs the federal government funds to protect you from threats inside the US borders.

Be consistent. If you do, you'd have to support slashing these agencies. I await your comment........

They aren't? They get lifetime, FREE health insurance, for only 20 years of work? At age 38, they can retire and live off the taxpayer for life? FREE housing, on MY TAX dime? And, the majority of military folks aren't combat troops. Many never leave the country. An old coworker of mine was a Navy helicopter mechanic. He joked about how little they worked, and how much extra pay they got, for doing nothing most days.

But I'm ok with that. They protect us. People who risk their lives deserve perks and pay. Including cops and firemen. But....thats "different" right?

If the local cops got to retire at age 38 with lifetime benefits and got free housing while in service, you folks would be outraged. But....the Navy cook gets it, and its "Support the Troops"!!!!!

Its a stark contrast in how you right wingers treat the military folks who bravely protect us, and the local folks who also protect us. You support one group rabidly, without question, to almost any measure.......but the other group, you say "Fuck 'em". It would be quite an interesting sociological study, of how one group could have such a contrasting level of support for people who protect them, with the only difference being scale and title.

Nope. Next question.

So you'd support slashing all funding for the FBI, DEA, ATF, Border Patrol? Those are non-military Law Enforcement jobs the federal government funds to protect you from threats inside the US borders.

Be consistent. If you do, you'd have to support slashing these agencies. I await your comment........

You are a complete dumbass with no concept of how our Federal systems is supposed to work.

Nope. Next question.

Wow, thats a great argument. I never thought of it that way. Guess thats too complex a debate for you to do anything but repeat bumper sticker slogans.

PA City Defies Court Order; Reduces Police Officers, Firefighters' Pay To Minimum Wage | ThinkProgress

The above article is about Scranton, PA, slashing pay for cops and firemen to minimum wage. Thats right, making the same as the fry cook at Burger King.

BUT, the point is this, in that story: "Congressional Republicans repeatedly blocked efforts to extend aid to the states that would have helped shore up their budgets and keep these workers on payroll. In the case of Scranton, such aid may have helped the city actually pay its workers a living wage "

The GOP, which once supported cops almost as much as they support the troops, have turned on cops and firemen....harshly.

They preach "national defense". They'd spend any amount of money to protect the US and it's citizens.......as long as that money goes through a defense contractor or to the military, but GOD FORBID sending aid to the cops and firemen who are directly, literally, protecting our asses day to day on our streets and in hour businesses.

Lots of cops and firemen across the country have been badly hurt, or laid off, while the GOP did two things:

- Block aid for them
- Support more spending on federal law enforcement and military

So, in an ironic twist, the GOP supported more money for the FEDERAL means of protecting us, but blocked aid for the LOCAL means of protecting us............all while campaigning on sending more tax money BACK to the states and cities rather than the Federal Govt, while blocking an effort to do JUST THAT in aiding our local public safety personnel.

It'd be comical if it weren't so sadly true.

hey... dumb ass... pssssssst...

Scranton mayor slashes pay for all city workers—including police and firefighters—to minimum wage

Cash-strapped Scranton, Pa., has slashed pay for all city employees—including police and firefighters—to minimum wage, sparking furor among unions that now say they plan to sue in federal court.

Last week, Doherty abruptly cut pay for all 398 city employees to $7.25 per hour, saying it was the only way to keep Scranton solvent.

The mayor, meanwhile, blamed the City Council for Scranton's financial woes.

"If they'd gone with my budget, we wouldn't be having this discussion," Doherty said.

He's a Dem.

Bullshit. I have family that are retired military, and they do NOT get free housing when they retire. You're full of shit.

You are a complete dumbass with no concept of how our Federal systems is supposed to work.

Once again, you failed to articulate anything close to a logical response. I've laid mine out for you, and your response is little more than a deflection that shows you have nothing to add. You are inconsistent in your arguments, and you can't defend it.

You dont support federal aid to local cities and states for law enforcement, you rabidly support the military's great benefits, but, you do support massive funding for federal law enforcement that does work in the SAME jurisdiction of the local PD's you dont support funding for (in fact you say "fuck 'em").........while they ALL (Military, Feds LE, local LE) risk their lives to protect the same 50 states and 300M people as the others.

Yet, your support and attitude for each isn't the same. One you love, the others you say "Fuck 'em".

You are inconsistent. Accept it.

Bullshit. I have family that are retired military, and they do NOT get free housing when they retire. You're full of shit.

I didnt say in retirement. I said "while in service". Try fucking reading.

You folks support paying for free housing for a cook or dentist in the military who may never leave the country........yet are outraged at paying for one dime of benefits for the cops who protect the very housing complex that dentist and cook live in. Its quite amazing.

Well, on the eve of the election, I figured Id see one last time of the GOP attitude towards cops and firemen has changed. To see if maybe Romney should get my vote, or any GOP candidate on local ballots.

"Fuck the public servants" was the theme, and actual direct quote from "SniperFire". Guess nothing has changed.

Well, on the eve of the election, I figured Id see one last time of the GOP attitude towards cops and firemen has changed. To see if maybe Romney should get my vote, or any GOP candidate on local ballots.

"Fuck the public servants" was the theme, and actual direct quote from "SniperFire". Guess nothing has changed.

Public masters have lived high on the hog for a generation. The absurd notion that one can retire after 20 years with a 6 figure pension - for 30+ years, must come to an end. Let's be clear on who is the "servant," and who is the "master."

The public masters are the new aristocracy, an untouchable class that lives above the private sector peasants who serve them. Public master greed has bankrupted most of the nation, now you complain that the servants of the private sector have failed to give enough to our lords, supping at the public trough.

Scranton PA. is bankrupt because they allowed the public masters to gorge on taxpayer funds to the point that no appetite can be satiated. How much do our public masters want? More, MORE, MORE.

Now lets look at this, when did liberals stand up for our great soldiers and firemen, and police? First of all during the bush years it was liberals who counted the deaths of soldiers daily, for political purpose. If you say it wasn't, then why did you stop counting when obama was elected? How about the constant coverage by the liberal media when some TERRORIST PRISONERS were embarrassed, or a couple terrorists were water boarded? Which got the information that led us to bin laden? I remember liberals calling our great soldiers child killers, or rapist. How about how liberals treated our troops in the 60's? Liberals wanted to elect a man president that made up stories about our vets. Also lets not forget about how obama said, those cops acted stupidly, when they were in the right. I say lets find out what pet projects the city was doing that took the pay of the police and firemen. Liberals are always blaming others for their screw up. The only thing a liberal love, is the hatred of america.

Forum List

Back