Republicans: bent on believing lies

There are lies, damn lies and statistics.

If only Mark Twain knew about opinion polls and computer models.

There are lies, damn lies and statistics.

If only Mark Twain knew about opinion polls and computer models.
He did have this to say though:

"..we all know that in all matters of mere opinion that [every] man is insane

--just as insane as we are...we know exactly where to put our finger upon his insanity:
it is where his opinion differs from ours
....All Democrats are insane, but not one of them knows it.
None but the Republicans.
All the Republicans are insane, but only the Democrats can perceive it.
The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
- Mark Twain.

Research 2000 is a U.S. opinion polling and marketing research company based in Olney, Maryland.

During the 2008 U.S. elections, Research 2000 was contracted by the liberal website DailyKos to conduct nonpartisan polling of various races, including presidential, senate and gubernatorial races. This partnership is continuing into the 2010 U.S. elections.

Cant you read?

"nonpartisan partnership". Yeah.... got it... "p-a-r-t-n-e-r-s-h-i-p". "nonpartisan partnership"

But can you say it three times fast? :lol:

another good Twainer:

"When we are young we generally estimate an opinion by the size of the person that holds it, but later we find that is an uncertain rule, for we realize that there are times when a hornet's opinion disturbs us more than an emperor's."

Research 2000 is a U.S. opinion polling and marketing research company based in Olney, Maryland.

During the 2008 U.S. elections, Research 2000 was contracted by the liberal website DailyKos to conduct nonpartisan polling of various races, including presidential, senate and gubernatorial races. This partnership is continuing into the 2010 U.S. elections.

Cant you read?

"nonpartisan partnership". Yeah.... got it... "p-a-r-t-n-e-r-s-h-i-p". "nonpartisan partnership"

"On Research 2000:

Some of our most active media clientele include the Bergen Record, The Raleigh News & Observer, The Concord Monitor, The Manchester Journal Inquirer, The New London Day, The Reno-Gazette, The Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, The Spokesman-Review, KCCI-Television in Des Moines, Iowa, WRAL-Television in Raleigh, North Carolina, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, and KMOV-Television in St. Louis, Missouri.

Our Polls can be seen on CNN’S “Inside Politics” and are also mentioned frequently in the National Journal’s “Political Hotline”, The Washington Post, The New York Times, The Christian Science Monitor, and The Wall Street Journal. Visit our In the News Page to see some online examples of this.

Some of our non media clientele include NEA affiliates in (Idaho, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, and Washington), Sullivan & LeShane, The New Mexico Gaming Commission, Vermont Power Electric, The Coalition to Reduce Nuclear Dangers, and NCG Porter Novelli.
About Us – Research 2000

Has anyone else punched "king george iii, obama" into their browser? :lol::lol::lol:

It works on soooo many levels. :lol:

Last edited:

Cant you read?

They hired them more than once just like other poll needing entities.

Its called business.

"On Research 2000:

Some of our most active media clientele include the Bergen Record, The Raleigh News & Observer, The Concord Monitor, The Manchester Journal Inquirer, The New London Day, The Reno-Gazette, The Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, The Spokesman-Review, KCCI-Television in Des Moines, Iowa, WRAL-Television in Raleigh, North Carolina, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, and KMOV-Television in St. Louis, Missouri.

Our Polls can be seen on CNN’S “Inside Politics” and are also mentioned frequently in the National Journal’s “Political Hotline”, The Washington Post, The New York Times, The Christian Science Monitor, and The Wall Street Journal. Visit our In the News Page to see some online examples of this.

Some of our non media clientele include NEA affiliates in (Idaho, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, and Washington), Sullivan & LeShane, The New Mexico Gaming Commission, Vermont Power Electric, The Coalition to Reduce Nuclear Dangers, and NCG Porter Novelli.
About Us – Research 2000

I'm sure their "About Us" page is a fairly critical review of their organization. :rolleyes:

You'd think though, that it would only be good business sense to avoid getting Arianna Huffington's stink all over themselves.

"On Research 2000:

About Us – Research 2000

I'm sure their "About Us" page is a fairly critical review of their organization. :rolleyes:

You'd think though, that it would only be good business sense to avoid getting Arianna Huffington's stink all over themselves.
Funny. In the 2008 final Election polling the Research2000/Kos Poll [Yes, a SCIENTIFIC poll]
they came in just about where Rasmussen did. I think it was just a tiny fraction under.

And we all know how much you guys like to tout Rasmussen's FAaabulous skillz in that metric.

Now they are back pretending the poll is bad?

Wow just wow

Cant you read?

"On Research 2000:

About Us – Research 2000

And this line was in the second paragraph opf the article on their home page:

The recent murders of four police officers in Washington State by a career violent criminal who was granted parole by Mike Huckabee, when Governor of Arkansas, for all intents and purposes ended any realistic shot he had at winning the GOP nomination in 2012

Is that true? In a way. Is it accurate for the reader to come to a true conclusion about Huckabee? To the contrary, it is noticeably written in a way so he looks as bad as he possibly can.
I know you paperview...and I know you are smart enough to know the truth about what took place with Huckabee and that murderer. He did what any other governor would have done with the information presented to him by the state DoJ.

ANd that article, and the way it was written, makes it quite clear how "non-partrisan" they are.

"On Research 2000:

About Us – Research 2000

And this line was in the second paragraph opf the article on their home page:

The recent murders of four police officers in Washington State by a career violent criminal who was granted parole by Mike Huckabee, when Governor of Arkansas, for all intents and purposes ended any realistic shot he had at winning the GOP nomination in 2012

Is that true? In a way. Is it accurate for the reader to come to a true conclusion about Huckabee? To the contrary, it is noticeably written in a way so he looks as bad as he possibly can.
I know you paperview...and I know you are smart enough to know the truth about what took place with Huckabee and that murderer. He did what any other governor would have done with the information presented to him by the state DoJ.

ANd that article, and the way it was written, makes it quite clear how "non-partrisan" they are.
Geeze, talk about jumping the ramp to another lane.

I'm not going to discuss Huckabee here, and I don;t know what story is on the page you are referring to, and frankly I don't care.

Huckabee took a maga hit with that decisions and MANY people on the right wrote his off after that. If that was part of the discussion, it came into play.

Research 2000 has a history going years back,

This is one listing of their accuracy earlier in the 2008 election:

SurveyUSA Blog Archive 2008 Pollster Report Card Through Super Tuesday, **ACTIVE** Pollsters Only

[I have some problems with this chart above, but you can read mroe at the link]

I can peck around for you, and find better accuracy ratings, but their general nature of providing fairly accurate polling has made them a reputable firm.

That's how pollsters stay in business, old.

Last edited:
If I have to accept Rasmussen's polls, and I do, then it would seem fair you accept Research2000.

I don't pick and chose when shown polls from reputable organizations based on whether I agree with them or not.

You shouldn't either.

It is easy to say "we are non partisan"
It is difficult to act non partisan if you are partisan.

That is why I mentioned the article on the HOME page. It was quite obviously written by someone who is partisan...and it was not only on the home page...but it WAS the hime page.

So for the record, I was not going off on a tangent. I was debating.

As for the Huckabee thing and most republicans gave up on him.......you make that up?

And by the way...he would not have my vote.....but I do not see him as having done anything wrong. He did NOT porole a coinvicted mass murderer...as a matter of fact, the guy did not see the light of day for 13 years following Huckabees move.

That is why I mentioned the article on the HOME page. It was quite obviously written by someone who is partisan...and it was not only on the home page...but it WAS the hime page.

As for the Huckabee thing and most republicans gave up on him.......you make that up?

And by the way...he would not have my vote.....but I do not see him as having done anything wrong. He did NOT porole a coinvicted mass murderer...as a matter of fact, the guy did not see the light of day for 13 years following Huckabees move.

I think it comes with being a Governor. By definition, Governors give pardons and sign death warrants. They do not meet with the prisoners, they rely on the advice of others. Huckabee, regardless of his politics, appears to be a decent man.
Unless he was specifically warned this guy would kill again, you can't fault him doing his job as Governor.

It wasn't fair to Dukakis and its not fair to Huckabee

I think it comes with being a Governor. By definition, Governors give pardons and sign death warrants. They do not meet with the prisoners, they rely on the advice of others. Huckabee, regardless of his politics, appears to be a decent man.
Unless he was specifically warned this guy would kill again, you can't fault him doing his job as Governor.

It wasn't fair to Dukakis and its not fair to Huckabee

Just as Clinton pardoned a man who evaded millions in tax money and ran like a bunny overseas while out on bail....and became a fugitive for 27 years.

Yet the man who suggested the pardon AND fascillitated the pardon is now our AG....and all he can say is "I made a mistake suggesting his pardon"..

Still wondering...exactly what was the mistake? What did he NOT know that he should have known? He never told anyone.

But I do not wish to make papervioew angry again...so lets talk about only what paperview decides we should talk about.

Your turn paperview.

New Topics

Forum List

Back