Republicans beginning to break away from "No Tax" pledge; Right wingers: you angry?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Gotta ask this. Appears the d-bag supreme Grover Norquist is being tossed aside in light of the new tide of the election, and people are saying they will disobey the silly No Tax Pledge he got them to commit to.

Right wingers...how angry does this make you? That the GOP politicians are now turning their back on what the huge 2010 movement was all about?

The right is willing to compromise for the good of the country - the left is not, because they want to destroy it. That makes me mad as hell.

Gotta ask this. Appears the d-bag supreme Grover Norquist is being tossed aside in light of the new tide of the election, and people are saying they will disobey the silly No Tax Pledge he got them to commit to.

Right wingers...how angry does this make you? That the GOP politicians are now turning their back on what the huge 2010 movement was all about?

Looks like the GOP will cave a bit on taxes and the Democrats
will act like they will cut spending but in the end they won't.
They can't, it is so much a part of their DNA.It is what makes them Democrats.
Tax and spend. :razz:

I've been clear from several days after election. I believe that the conservatives should give Obama all that he asks for, stating why they disagree, but making clear they are going to vote how the people did.

Give them what they voted for, no obstructions. Then make clear why no obstructions.

I have said many times raising taxes not just on the rich but everyone will have to be a part of any plan for dealing with our massive debt the other part of that plan will have to be real serious spending cuts so the equally big question now is will Obama and the Democrats ever be serious about doing that I have heard nothing to indicate they will. Have to ask how would those on the left feel if Obama and the Democrats did put in major spending cuts as part of deal?

Last edited:
The right is willing to compromise for the good of the country - the left is not, because they want to destroy it. That makes me mad as hell.

HUH? You mean how the House compromised with Obama from 2010-2012???

Its all bullshit politics. They all suck.

I have said many times raising taxes not just on the rich but everyone will have to be a part of any plan for dealing with our massive debt the other part of that plan will have to be real serious spending cuts so the equally big question now is will Obama and the Democrats ever be serious about doing that I have heard nothing to indicate they will. Have to ask how would those on the left feel if Obama and the Democrats did put in major spending cuts as part of deal?

Depends. Cut the military-industrial complex by half, raise all taxes to where they were in 1995, and make the Buffet Rule part of the tax rate, on all forms of income. Yes, then I would accept cuts in SS, Medicare, and MediAid. Try to balance it on the backs of the 99%, while still redistributing the wealth upward to the 1%, and I won't accept a bit of it.

Always a tax increase and never a spending reduction.
Until the US government realistically reduces, restricts or removes some spending, there never will be a valid budget. No country has ever taxed itself into prosperity regardless of how hard they tried.

Always a tax increase and never a spending reduction.
Until the US government realistically reduces, restricts or removes some spending, there never will be a valid budget. No country has ever taxed itself into prosperity regardless of how hard they tried.

That's why it's interesting why the Democrats only want to raise taxes on the wealthy and not do anything else.We all know that's not going to do a whole lot.
Maybe keep Sandra Fluke in free birth control for a little while...:lol:

Depends. Cut the military-industrial complex by half, raise all taxes to where they were in 1995, and make the Buffet Rule part of the tax rate, on all forms of income. Yes, then I would accept cuts in SS, Medicare, and MediAid. Try to balance it on the backs of the 99%, while still redistributing the wealth upward to the 1%, and I won't accept a bit of it.

What do you think the odds are Obama and the Democrats would accept any cuts in Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid even if you got some or all of what you listed? I think the chances would be slim and none and slim just left the building.

Can you explain to me what effect raising taxes has on the economy?

Can you explain to me what effect raising taxes has on the economy?
Deleterious

Forum List

Back