Republicans backing away from "death panels"?

The truly poor already get Medicaid, and SCHIP. In fact, in some states, you can have a family incomeof $88,000 and still qualify for SCCHIP.

I'd say that more than covers the "poor."

Have you ever taken a course in basic statistics? There are going to be outliers on the high end of those receiving aid in some places and there are people on the low end. There are still people who fall through the cracks. Since you repeated yourself, I'll repeat myself. There are those who earn enough to fail to qualify for government aid but do not earn enough to afford private insurance.

There are no "poor" in this country. The people the government calls "poor" are never happy with what is taken away from others and given to them.

The above quote amounts to little more than the fallacy of mind-reading and gross generalization. It is not worthy of further reply.

The truly poor already get Medicaid, and SCHIP. In fact, in some states, you can have a family incomeof $88,000 and still qualify for SCCHIP.

Insure Kids Now Low Cost Health Insurance for Families & Children

Families who earn too much to qualify for Medicaid may be able to qualify for CHIP.

Families that do not currently have health insurance are likely to be eligible, even if you are working. The states have different eligibility rules, but in most states, uninsured children under the age of 19, whose families earn up to $44,100 a year (for a family of four) are eligible.

5487_614-300x224.jpg

“Mesa resident Randy Shepherd, a 36-year-old father of three, has been living with a pacemaker for several years and now is facing what he says is his last treatment option: a heart transplant.

But Shepherd’s hopes for a transplant were dashed when the state cut Medicaid funding for certain transplants under the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System.

“Look at all of us who need these transplants,” Shepherd said, joined Tuesday by three others who say they are unable to get live-saving transplants due to the cuts. “It’s not an option for us; it’s a necessity.”

A real-life ‘death panel’ and its real-life victims | Jay Bookman

That's because it's OK when Republicans make "death panels".

It wasn't Republicans who mandated coverage for 30 million more and left the mandate unfunded. Was it?

Yes it was. It's called "filibuster". It's what Republicans do.

You don't really think a party that would block unemployment benefits for millions of Americans just before Christmas just so they could give an unneeded tax package to 1.7% of their base really gives a shit about anyone not rich? I mean, come on. Get real. Republicans don't care about anyone but wealthy people. Helping people not rich is an unwanted drain.

Think BP apology.

And I think your louder and louder protests show they really are never happy with what is given to them.

Non sequitur

They always want more.

I think that the desperately poor, ill and with no other resources probably want more help / money from taxes via the government (redistribution). Those that are comfortably poor probably don't want more taken from others for them.

Have you ever taken a course in basic statistics? There are going to be outliers on the high end of those receiving aid in some places and there are people on the low end. There are still people who fall through the cracks. Since you repeated yourself, I'll repeat myself. There are those who earn enough to fail to qualify for government aid but do not earn enough to afford private insurance.

and I will guarantee you most everyone of them has a car, and a cell phone.... but lets not point that out.

Poor my ass....

How about all the deadbeats out there wasting their youth being fuck ups... they will always be with us.... are we supposed to coddle them and make sure all their needs are always gonna be met.
There are no consequences to bad behavior in the world of the "Utopians". :cuckoo:

In New York, it's $88,000.

The "poor" are more than comfortable with what it taken from others and given to them in the USA.

The "rich" are more than comfortable with what it takes from others and given to them in the USA.

There are greedy poor people demanding that government do more to take more from the rich and to give more to the poor. There are poor people who are not so greedy nor demanding. There are greedy rich people demanding that they be allowed to cancel pensions, file for bankruptcy, renege on their promises to their employees while collecting big bonuses for themselves. Have you ever heard of Glenn Tilton? There are rich people who are not so greedy.

United Airlines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most controversial of all, however, was the 2005 cancellation of its pension plan, the largest such default in U.S. corporate history. It renegotiated its contracts with the pilots' and mechanics' unions and the Association of Flight Attendants for lower pay. Criticism was also leveled at the CEO, Glenn Tilton, for demanding pay cuts from employees while receiving the highest salary of any major U.S. airline CEO

In New York, it's $88,000.

The "poor" are more than comfortable with what it taken from others and given to them in the USA.

The "rich" are more than comfortable with what it takes from others and given to them in the USA.

Remember that we're mostly talking about children. Most Medicaid recipients are children and obviously CHIP is aimed at children.

It's perfectly possible for a child to qualify for Medicaid and his parent(s) to not qualify. For example, in Texas an 8-year old child will qualify for Medicaid benefits if his family's income is below 100% of the poverty line but his parents don't qualify unless the family income is below 12% of the poverty line (or 27% if they're working).

You're arguing with a guy who's offended by the idea of providing care to children.

and I will guarantee you most everyone of them has a car, and a cell phone.... but lets not point that out.

Do you have any statistical research on that claim?

Poor my ass....

How about all the deadbeats out there wasting their youth being fuck ups... they will always be with us....

I think that there are many deadbeats who, when given an opportunity to better themselves, don't try to improve.

are we supposed to coddle them and make sure all their needs are always gonna be met.

No. Unfortunately, to make sure that those who try to get out of dependency and poverty are given appropriate assistance, some deadbeats get undue help as well.

There are no consequences to bad behavior in the world of the "Utopians". :cuckoo:

There are often bad consequences to bad behavior.

Forum List

Back