Republicans back payroll tax cut extension

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Republicans back payroll tax cut extension - Yahoo! News

They only back it to save their cowardly hides from looking like advocates for the rich.

In political maneuvers foreshadowing the 2012 presidential and congressional election debates, Democrats are arranging a Senate vote later this week to extend and expand the payroll tax cut.

They want to offset the lost revenue with a 3.25 percent tax on income over $1 million a year, but Republicans vehemently oppose raising taxes on the rich, arguing that would hurt job creation.

If Republicans block the measure, as expected, Democrats would paint them as the party of the rich.

Trying to get ahead of the game, McConnell proclaimed Republican support for the payroll tax cut extension and told reporters his party would soon propose its own ideas for covering the cost of the tax cut.

"The Democrats put them in a box," said Andrew Taylor, a North Carolina State University political science professor. "I think many Republicans realized this is a bad side of the argument to be on."

They only back it to save their cowardly hides from looking like advocates for the rich.

In political maneuvers foreshadowing the 2012 presidential and congressional election debates, Democrats are arranging a Senate vote later this week to extend and expand the payroll tax cut.

They want to offset the lost revenue with a 3.25 percent tax on income over $1 million a year, but Republicans vehemently oppose raising taxes on the rich, arguing that would hurt job creation.

If Republicans block the measure, as expected, Democrats would paint them as the party of the rich.

Trying to get ahead of the game, McConnell proclaimed Republican support for the payroll tax cut extension and told reporters his party would soon propose its own ideas for covering the cost of the tax cut.

"The Democrats put them in a box," said Andrew Taylor, a North Carolina State University political science professor. "I think many Republicans realized this is a bad side of the argument to be on."

so here you are doing the same thing you have accused Republicans of doing with Obama......Damned if he does...Damned if he don't....

so here you are doing the same thing you have accused Republicans of doing with Obama......Damned if he does...Damned if he don't....

I never said I was for nor against this tax cut.

As a proud Republican, I support cutting spending to cover the lost revenue.

Otherwise, let it expire.

" Yup, as long as we destroy medicare LOL" A-holes. They also plan NO EXTENSION for UE and enough paralysis to screw up the economy again!! Pfffft!!

I never said I was for nor against this tax cut.

this is what i am referring to....bad mouthing them for backing it.....and you would have done the same if they were against it...

CON$ pretend to support it, but they will try to prevent passage by requiring paying for it only with a poison pill. There is no way the GOP will allow anything that helps the economy to pass.

Forum List

Back