Republicans are wasting their time on Santorum

Okay, guy, someone who puts the Obama Xmas picture on his Avi screeching about Rick is almost an endorsement.

The people most upset about him are the ones who would never vote Republican, anyway. The Log Cabin Republicans can meet in a closet, and there would be room to spare.

I have no way of knowing if the Republicans are wasting their votes on Creepy Ricky.

I'd guess that if you want to have a closeted gay male misogynist in office he's the guy for you.

As a Pennsylvanian I have to say the man is repugnant and that is a word I'd use sparingly. Everyone who lives in the real world knows gay people, but to hear him refer to these fellow Americans is to run for a barf bag. Now can he, will he, change that stupid and ridiculous attitude, I doubt it as that is who he is.

31 Rick Santorum Quotes…

SANTORUM EXPOSED

"From these quotes, we can tell that Rick Santorum is a Christian Right Wing zealot who is obsessed with violating our personal lives and privacy. He would restrict women, outlaw homosexuality, ban birth control, tell unmarried couples what they can and cannot do, would throw senior citizens into poverty, thinks Americans should suffer, and he would enter America into even more wars. He is a Bible obsessed buffoon who has no grasp on American history, believes the Bush policies are worth continuing, and to top it all off, he’s a hypocrite. Rick Santorum is a frothy mixture of hate, bigotry, stupidity, insanity, and danger that America doesn’t ever need." from above link
But aside from THAT, he has some "liberal" stands on and AIDS. Will the hard right except those heresies?

As a Pennsylvanian I have to say the man is repugnant and that is a word I'd use sparingly. Everyone who lives in the real world knows gay people, but to hear him refer to these fellow Americans is to run for a barf bag. Now can he, will he, change that stupid and ridiculous attitude, I doubt it as that is who he is.

31 Rick Santorum Quotes…

SANTORUM EXPOSED

"From these quotes, we can tell that Rick Santorum is a Christian Right Wing zealot who is obsessed with violating our personal lives and privacy. He would restrict women, outlaw homosexuality, ban birth control, tell unmarried couples what they can and cannot do, would throw senior citizens into poverty, thinks Americans should suffer, and he would enter America into even more wars. He is a Bible obsessed buffoon who has no grasp on American history, believes the Bush policies are worth continuing, and to top it all off, he’s a hypocrite. Rick Santorum is a frothy mixture of hate, bigotry, stupidity, insanity, and danger that America doesn’t ever need." from above link

you do post some garbage stuff.. this article was written by a frothy mixture of hate, bigotry, and stupidity..VERY UGLY

31 Rick Santorum Quotes…

SANTORUM EXPOSED

:lol:

How funny. "Santorum Exposed".... Is it just me that sees the utter stupidity of quoting a site like that as a legitimate source for balanced information?

Seriously Middie... go back to quoting books and linking to Amazon... at least that makes you look vaguely rational.

But.... thanks for the laugh.

Either Rick said those things or he didn't.

I have a problem with some of his quotes... But I also realize these are the things he's not going to be able to do much about, anyway. Abortion will still be legal after eight years of President Santorum.

The reason I like him.

1) He's someone who gets that the GOP needs to reconnect with the working class.

2) He's not Romney.

BUt I repeat myself.

Let me see if I understand you guys correctly:

Santorum is unelectable in a general because of his baggage, but Obama is completely electable despite his?

I mean Obama is already starting at a disadvantage in this cycle. The Census has shived EC votes to traditionally conservative states. He isn't a clean slate and can't skate by with the "Hope & Change" mantra. Our money is worth less than it was when he was elected. Our debts & deficits are higher. Energy & Food are more expensive. Lots of people are still unemployed. He and Biden are a gaffe machine. He signed a bill authorizing the detention of American citizens without a trial. He has communists in his administration. His administration is attempting to violate the First Amendment on multiple fronts. His administration is proposing a "global tax". And his campaign just started a Wilsonian propaganda machine.

You think the fact that Santorum & Romney believe strongly in God is strong baggage? You think support for religious freedom and the family are strong baggage? And if you do believe it's strong, do you really think it outweighs Obama's problems?

Yes. Obama can win the election. Anyone who is running, in theory, can. In fact, I give Obama 50/50 chances of winning. But if you think he is going to win reelection despite realities on the ground just because polls sometimes show him as more likeable than the Republicans, then you are deluding yourselves. I sure as heck like a lot of people that I wouldn't trust with my money or leading my nation.

You can complain about the Republican candidates all you want. I do. But you can't pretend Obama is unbeatable and has absolutely no baggage.

I am largely basing this on the results of numerous hypothetical polls between Santorum and Obama. Obama's baggage is not an issue if Santorum wins the nomination as most people favor Obama over Santorum.

Romney on the other hand, has a fighting chance against Obama. In most hypothetical polls, they are tied.

I actually have a lot of respect for Santorum. Despite my disagreement with basically everything he says, he has more integrity than all of the other repub candidates combined.
Santorum is the only GOP candidate that vows to fight AIDS, and openly advocates foreign aid for humanitarian purposes. I am surprised some conservatives approve of him.

Santorum is the only GOP candidate that vows to fight AIDS, and openly advocates foreign aid for humanitarian purposes. I am surprised some conservatives approve of him.

I think that you work on the assumption that conservatives aren't compassionate people.

Most of them are. they just don't always think that the best solution to problems is the government,and frequently, they are right.

That said, I think that this exposes the divides in the GOP. Between the COuntry Club Republicans of Ford, the Bushes, Dole, McCain and Romney and the Working class Republicans of Reagan, Buchanan, Huckabee and Santorum.

The former group can usually get the latter group to go along with their goals by playing the "Gays, Guns and God" cards. Some have played them better than others. Bush-43 was brilliant at it. (And, yes, it hurts to use "Bush-43" and "Brilliant" in the same sentence.)

Romney tries to play these cards, but he looks like he's got them up his sleaves and dealing them from the bottom of the deck.

Let me see if I understand you guys correctly:

Santorum is unelectable in a general because of his baggage, but Obama is completely electable despite his?

I mean Obama is already starting at a disadvantage in this cycle. The Census has shived EC votes to traditionally conservative states. He isn't a clean slate and can't skate by with the "Hope & Change" mantra. Our money is worth less than it was when he was elected. Our debts & deficits are higher. Energy & Food are more expensive. Lots of people are still unemployed. He and Biden are a gaffe machine. He signed a bill authorizing the detention of American citizens without a trial. He has communists in his administration. His administration is attempting to violate the First Amendment on multiple fronts. His administration is proposing a "global tax". And his campaign just started a Wilsonian propaganda machine.

You think the fact that Santorum & Romney believe strongly in God is strong baggage? You think support for religious freedom and the family are strong baggage? And if you do believe it's strong, do you really think it outweighs Obama's problems?

Yes. Obama can win the election. Anyone who is running, in theory, can. In fact, I give Obama 50/50 chances of winning. But if you think he is going to win reelection despite realities on the ground just because polls sometimes show him as more likeable than the Republicans, then you are deluding yourselves. I sure as heck like a lot of people that I wouldn't trust with my money or leading my nation.

You can complain about the Republican candidates all you want. I do. But you can't pretend Obama is unbeatable and has absolutely no baggage.

I am largely basing this on the results of numerous hypothetical polls between Santorum and Obama. Obama's baggage is not an issue if Santorum wins the nomination as most people favor Obama over Santorum.

Romney on the other hand, has a fighting chance against Obama. In most hypothetical polls, they are tied.

I actually have a lot of respect for Santorum. Despite my disagreement with basically everything he says, he has more integrity than all of the other repub candidates combined.

good grief.

Santorum could POSSIBLY win the GOP nomination - but there is NO WAY he could ever win the General Election. NO WAY!!!!! He has waaaay too much baggage. I doubt he could even carry his home state of Pennsylvania (they overwhelmingly voted him out of the U.S. Senate).
.....But, think-about how much fun it'd be, watching him melting-down, trying to debate Prez Obama!!!!!!

529.gif

Dance, Ricky, DANCE!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic5EAO8RqVE]Piers Morgan Confronts Rick Santorum On His Bigotry - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrZtlnsBq_Y]Rick Santorum - Can Gay People Stop Being gay? - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnjEYcT6n-s]Santorum Denies Saying 'Black People' - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oi8ChDcAnU]"Ron Paul thinks gays should be executed" - YouTube[/ame]​

Forum List

Back