Republicans are the normal Americans

Normal Americans? So Republicans fit the bill for a "normal American"...okay then perhaps you can now understand why so many of us voted for President Obama in Nov. 08.

This old Republican is sick and tired of the 8 years of Junior Bush's ineptness and squandering of our military, economy, heritage and his abuse of American freedoms with his buddy Cheney.

If you are talking about the 20%er Club members who slobbered themselves silly over Bush and who would even approve Bush's bowel movements then you are highly mistaken. They are NOT normal and will never be.

If you think cramming religion down the throat of Americans like Huckabee and Romney promised to do and Palin's pretend religion then you are wrong again calling that normal behavior.

Look up normal then get back to us.
then you must be really happy that you are getting Bush X 10 with Obama

She worships him, Dive :cuckoo:

And she's a bold faced liar saying she's a republican.

A very long time ago republicans were "normal".. Not so today. Now they are typically filthy lying fear mongering neo-con christian fascist douchebags. Normal? Hardly.

a very long time ago was exactly when.....

One of the greatest generals in American history was the president. Dwight David Eisenhower. You can thank him for our victory in WWII and every time you get on a freeway.

A very long time ago republicans were "normal".. Not so today. Now they are typically filthy lying fear mongering neo-con christian fascist douchebags. Normal? Hardly.

One of the greatest generals in American history was the president. Dwight David Eisenhower. You can thank him for our victory in WWII and every time you get on a freeway.

So a general is your definition of a very long time ago? :eusa_eh:

So a general is your definition of a very long time ago? :eusa_eh:

You are a special kind of stupid aren't you sport?

Dwight David “Ike” Eisenhower (October 14, 1890 – March 28, 1969) was the 34th President of the United States from 1953 until 1961 and a five-star general in the United States Army. During the Second World War, he served as Supreme Commander of the Allied forces in Europe, with responsibility for planning and supervising the successful invasion of France and Germany in 1944–45. In 1951, he became the first supreme commander of NATO.[1]

As President, he oversaw the cease-fire of the Korean War, kept up the pressure on the Soviet Union during the Cold War, made nuclear weapons a higher defense priority, launched the Space Race, enlarged the Social Security program, and began the Interstate Highway System. He was the last World War I veteran to serve as U.S. president.

This is similar but not identical to a point I've often made: that the Republican Party is the party of people who are considered, by themselves and by others, as normal Americans—Northern white Protestants in the 19th century, married white Christians more recently—while the Democratic Party is the party of the out groups who are in some sense seen, by themselves and by others, as not normal—white Southerners and Catholic immigrants in the 19th century, blacks and white seculars more recently.
Republicans Are Normal, Democrats Are Not - Michael Barone (usnews.com)

Wow! I would have to agree. Most of the conservatives I know are wasp's.

I wonder how this works out in other countries. There are conservatives and liberals in every country. I wonder what the common denominators are.

This is similar but not identical to a point I've often made: that the Republican Party is the party of people who are considered, by themselves and by others, as normal Americans—Northern white Protestants in the 19th century, married white Christians more recently—while the Democratic Party is the party of the out groups who are in some sense seen, by themselves and by others, as not normal—white Southerners and Catholic immigrants in the 19th century, blacks and white seculars more recently.
Republicans Are Normal, Democrats Are Not - Michael Barone (usnews.com)

And you liberals wonder why people can't stand you... :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back