Republicans are the normal Americans

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
This is similar but not identical to a point I've often made: that the Republican Party is the party of people who are considered, by themselves and by others, as normal Americans—Northern white Protestants in the 19th century, married white Christians more recently—while the Democratic Party is the party of the out groups who are in some sense seen, by themselves and by others, as not normal—white Southerners and Catholic immigrants in the 19th century, blacks and white seculars more recently.
Republicans Are Normal, Democrats Are Not - Michael Barone (usnews.com)

This is similar but not identical to a point I've often made: that the Republican Party is the party of people who are considered, by themselves and by others, as normal Americans—Northern white Protestants in the 19th century, married white Christians more recently—while the Democratic Party is the party of the out groups who are in some sense seen, by themselves and by others, as not normal—white Southerners and Catholic immigrants in the 19th century, blacks and white seculars more recently.

A very long time ago republicans were "normal".. Not so today. Now they are typically filthy lying fear mongering neo-con christian fascist douchebags. Normal? Hardly.

A very long time ago republicans were "normal".. Not so today. Now they are typically filthy lying fear mongering neo-con christian fascist douchebags. Normal? Hardly.

it's good that you've managed to remain objective about it.

a very long time ago was exactly when.....

I'll make sure to let my entire family know this, they'll be thrilled!

Asshole! Big un!

I am the product of one of those mergers of old stock (17th century) Euros and new stock (19th century) Euros.

To SOME extent he is right. I've seen some of this tension in my own family, play out in very ugly ways,

It's a huge generalization of course, but it has SOME validity.

I am the product of one of those mergers of old stock (17th century) Euros and new stock (19th century) Euros.

To SOME extent he is right. I've seen some of this tension in my own family, play out in very ugly ways,

It's a huge generalization of course, but it has SOME validity.

Well, we can pick any group of people on earth and let forth a string of vile invectives and have "some" truth and "some" validity.. hey?

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Normal Americans? So Republicans fit the bill for a "normal American"...okay then perhaps you can now understand why so many of us voted for President Obama in Nov. 08.

This old Republican is sick and tired of the 8 years of Junior Bush's ineptness and squandering of our military, economy, heritage and his abuse of American freedoms with his buddy Cheney.

If you are talking about the 20%er Club members who slobbered themselves silly over Bush and who would even approve Bush's bowel movements then you are highly mistaken. They are NOT normal and will never be.

If you think cramming religion down the throat of Americans like Huckabee and Romney promised to do and Palin's pretend religion then you are wrong again calling that normal behavior.

Look up normal then get back to us.

Normal Americans? So Republicans fit the bill for a "normal American"...okay then perhaps you can now understand why so many of us voted for President Obama in Nov. 08.

This old Republican is sick and tired of the 8 years of Junior Bush's ineptness and squandering of our military, economy, heritage and his abuse of American freedoms with his buddy Cheney.

If you are talking about the 20%er Club members who slobbered themselves silly over Bush and who would even approve Bush's bowel movements then you are highly mistaken. They are NOT normal and will never be.

If you think cramming religion down the throat of Americans like Huckabee and Romney promised to do and Palin's pretend religion then you are wrong again calling that normal behavior.

then you must be really happy that you are getting Bush X 10 with Obama

I guess that your just telling everyone how you feel. Go ahead and let it out. Your not offending anyone on the right. Especially from an Obama worshiper. You have been indoctrinated well, Huggie

She worships him, Dive :cuckoo:

She worships him, Dive :cuckoo:
yeah, i figured that
blind partisanship

You might be sick, you might be old, but you ain't no damn Republican.. you got all the libral talking points down toooo damn pat! I mock you!

:lol:

Forum List

Back