Republicans are losing their war on women

I can't say I'm at all shocked that we are losing a war we aren't fighting. In fact, I am sure we are contributing to our "loss" by empowering women the way we do.

It's the right wing in congress, who don't think violence against women is any big deal.

So why weren't any women on Blunt's advisory panel?

The only conclusion I can arrive at, is that Republicans want middle-aged, white men to make all of their reproductive choices for them.

Because they were looking for expert opinion, not non-expert activists opinions. And the Democrats recommend a male expert.

I can't say I'm at all shocked that we are losing a war we aren't fighting. In fact, I am sure we are contributing to our "loss" by empowering women the way we do.

It's the right wing in congress, who don't think violence against women is any big deal.

So why weren't any women on Blunt's advisory panel?

The only conclusion I can arrive at, is that Republicans want middle-aged, white men to make all of their reproductive choices for them.

Because they were looking for expert opinion, not non-expert activists opinions. And the Democrats recommend a male expert.
Experts in what way, exactly? What were the expert credentials of the men on that panel?

I'd guess that one policy is women don't want some panel of middle-aged white males tell them what their reproductive rights are.

I still won't let it take priority over who I think will be better for the economy...and I doubt that I'm alone.

That's certainly your choice. If you choose to have middle aged white male to decide all your reproductive choices, go for it. Lucky for the American people that we're finally getting out of the Bush abyss.

As opposed to you? You think YOU should decide her reproductive choices?

I still won't let it take priority over who I think will be better for the economy...and I doubt that I'm alone.

That's certainly your choice. If you choose to have middle aged white male to decide all your reproductive choices, go for it. Lucky for the American people that we're finally getting out of the Bush abyss.

You should stalk me more, because then you'd know my stance on that issue...but it STILL won't be mine, or many others, top voting issue.:D

Stalk you? Shit for brains, I don't even know who you are. I post on this forum, and respond to those posts I want to respond to. You cowardly pissant, get over yourself. You aren't in anyway important to me. You just provide low hanging fruit of a moron, and I go for easy pickings.

Now tell me about how your want middle-aged, white males, to make all your reproductive choices.

Experts in what way, exactly? What were the expert credentials of the men on that panel?

So what your saying is you know absolutely nothing about the credentials of those on this panel, and you are bitching about it?

Right. That's why we have all these bill being introduced by Republicans that limit a woman's reproductive choices.

Your reproductive choices havent been limited at all simply because you cant force others to pay for them.

I'm not asking for someone else to pay. I'm asking for my insurance to cover my basic medical needs.

I pay for my insurance.

Then buy a plan that takes care of your needs, instead of forcing everyone else to buy a plan the takes care of your needs.

Again, it won't take priority over the economy when voting for president.
It will with me, because I'm smart enough to know that the economy isn't really driven by who is president.

Really? Because that's the exact opposite you were saying about say 5 years ago.
:confused: Did I know you five years ago? If so, you would realize that I said the economy isn't driven by a president.

Unless of course he/she gets us into meaningless foreign entanglements.

Your reproductive choices havent been limited at all simply because you cant force others to pay for them.

I'm not asking for someone else to pay. I'm asking for my insurance to cover my basic medical needs.

I pay for my insurance.

Then buy a plan that takes care of your needs, instead of forcing everyone else to buy a plan the takes care of your needs.
heh, your plan is underwritten by me. That's just the way insurance works.

Why should insurance pay for sex? I won't argue about covering BC for medical reason outside of pregnancy prevention, but why should insurance be mandated to cover sexual activities?

Insurance is supposed to protect someone from catastrophic losses, not because they are horny.

Plus, if women's reproductive issues are their own business, then why get the government involved?

Because a group of outside medical experts made that specific recommendation, based on medical grounds. Unintended pregnancies do have medical issues.

Do you understand the difference between "It's a good idea" and ". . . therefore, the government should force everyone to do it"?

Forum List

Back