republicans are finding new ways to keep people from voting

State Sen. Nina Turner says more than 14,000 wrong-precinct ballots were disqualified in 2008: PolitiFact Ohio | cleveland.com

For example, one provision added by the Ohio House barred poll workers from helping voters find their correct precinct for voting if they end up in the wrong place.

Current law mandates that poll workers direct voters to their correct voting location. That’s important because casting a ballot in the wrong place means your vote doesn’t count.

I see your point, but I'm not sure why you think this helped Republicans. Are you assuming that anyone too stupid to find the right precinct to vote in iis obviously a Democrat?

Nothing new about cons wanting to prevent people from voting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPsl_TuFdes]YouTube - ‪Paul Weyrich - Goo-Goo Syndrome (proper audio/video synchronization)‬‏[/ame]

Nothing new about cons wanting to prevent people from voting.

Reverse of the Democrats who support people continuing to vote when they are dead...

Republican methods pretty much revolve around the stupidity of Democrats to do things like show up at the right precinct, successfully show their ID, that sort of thing. Democrats agree Democrats are stupid which is why they are so upset about it.

Democrats also believe that dead people are Democrats, which is why they need to continue voting. The white male Republican party versus the stupid, dead Democratic party. Who will win in 2012? Stay tuned...

Last edited:
Where is your proof of dead people voting in numbers that change elections?

TruthM doesn't grasp logic. The law was intended to stop poll staff from intentionally sending voters away by telling them "this isn't your polling place". So, if a right wing poll staffer sees an obvious lib, and says "This is the wrong poll, you gotta go to X across town" that would be wrong. Especially since most people vote on lunch break or don't have time to go across town. It was a check and balance type law, so it bars any attempt at casting voters away from the poll. Of course, he interprets it wrongly.

But to add.....if a left wing retard is too fucking stupid to be able to READ the poll location on his voter registration card, should he be voting at all? I mean first we can't require them to have a damn ID card, now we can't even require them to be able to locate the correct booth. What next? The voter doesn't even have to be alive to vote? OH....wait...yeah, ACORN has been helping dead people vote for decades.

I can give you plenty of proof republicans have cheated in elections for decades and they dont just do it one way.

They do a multitude of things to keep legal Americans from voting.

I can give you plenty of proof republicans have cheated in elections for decades and they dont just do it one way.

tinfoilhat.jpg

Thats right, "plenty of proof". Like....if liberals keep saying it...eventually it'll be true!!!!

ACORN: Helping dead people vote since 2008!!

Why do you all here defend tactics that make it harder and harder for people to vote?

Because many rightists don’t believe in the universal franchise.

Just late last year a TPM representative opined only property owners should vote:

Two weeks ago, Tea Party Nation President Judson Phillips hosted the program and discussed changes that he felt should be made to voting rights in the United States. He explained that the founders of the country originally put “certain restrictions on who gets the right to vote.” He continued, “One of those was you had to be a property owner. And that makes a lot of sense, because if you’re a property owner you actually have a vested stake in the community. If you’re not a property owner, you know, I’m sorry but property owners have a little bit more of a vested interest in the community than non-property owners”

Tea Party Nation President Says It ‘Makes A Lot Of Sense’ To Restrict Voting Only To Property Owners | ThinkProgress

Naturally, not all on the right advocate this; but a significant number do. And many on the right advocate measures making it more difficult for Americans to vote, believing this will have a greater impact on minorities, whom they perceive to be voters supporting democratic candidates.

Thats right, "plenty of proof". Like....if liberals keep saying it...eventually it'll be true!!!!

ACORN: Helping dead people vote since 2008!!

Court Documented evidence and judges decisions.

Acorn resulted in not one single false vote.

See how the right can never get the facts straight

State Sen. Nina Turner says more than 14,000 wrong-precinct ballots were disqualified in 2008: PolitiFact Ohio | cleveland.com

For example, one provision added by the Ohio House barred poll workers from helping voters find their correct precinct for voting if they end up in the wrong place.

Current law mandates that poll workers direct voters to their correct voting location. That’s important because casting a ballot in the wrong place means your vote doesn’t count.

In the state of Georgia they send you a postcard after you register to vote and the first paragraph lists the name and address of the polling place where you go to vote. I would bet that the state of Ohio does the same thing.

As an aside, I just got back from the library where I checked out a book. My library card had expired and I had to show my picture ID to get it renewed. Poor people that don't have a picture ID can't check out a library book but there are those that think they should be able to vote without one.

Why do you all here defend tactics that make it harder and harder for people to vote?

Because many rightists don’t believe in the universal franchise.

Just late last year a TPM representative opined only property owners should vote:

Two weeks ago, Tea Party Nation President Judson Phillips hosted the program and discussed changes that he felt should be made to voting rights in the United States. He explained that the founders of the country originally put “certain restrictions on who gets the right to vote.” He continued, “One of those was you had to be a property owner. And that makes a lot of sense, because if you’re a property owner you actually have a vested stake in the community. If you’re not a property owner, you know, I’m sorry but property owners have a little bit more of a vested interest in the community than non-property owners”

Tea Party Nation President Says It ‘Makes A Lot Of Sense’ To Restrict Voting Only To Property Owners | ThinkProgress

Naturally, not all on the right advocate this; but a significant number do. And many on the right advocate measures making it more difficult for Americans to vote, believing this will have a greater impact on minorities, whom they perceive to be voters supporting democratic candidates.

I do not agree with the TPM Phillips on his property owner statement, however minority voters supporting democratic candidates is reality, not perception.

You asked me if I had proof an actual election result was changed, a standard you're apparently not willing to apply to yourself.

The left can't seem to find a way to get proper picture ID 2 years before an election.
They can't find their way to the proper polling place....
And the Republicans are the bad guys in all of this.

You asked me if I had proof an actual election result was changed, a standard you're apparently not willing to apply to yourself.

Florida Central Voter File - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have done it many times.

How many people didnt vote in Ohio because the lines were hours long?

Do you know why they placed so few machines in democratic districts and more in republican ones?

In the state of Georgia they send you a postcard after you register to vote and the first paragraph lists the name and address of the polling place where you go to vote. I would bet that the state of Ohio does the same thing.

As an aside, I just got back from the library where I checked out a book. My library card had expired and I had to show my picture ID to get it renewed. Poor people that don't have a picture ID can't check out a library book but there are those that think they should be able to vote without one.

Its what we have done forever in this country.

Why do you all of the sudden think it should change?

Forum List

Back