Republicans, And the Party of "NO!"

What exactly have the Republicans supported this year? Is blocking all legislation what they consider best for this country?

What exactly have the Republicans supported this year? Is blocking all legislation what they consider best for this country?

Nothing that these idiot leftists have tried to do.... the Republicans, the party of "FUCK NO"

Absolutely, why sign on to this cluster fuck... ket the libs own it. We see where it is taking them.

Wathcing Pelosi, Reid & Obama is like watching three monkeys trying to fuck a football. Why join in?

Anyway.. you leftist asshats bitched for eight years about EVERYTHING Bush tried to do... oh, and psst... the Obama administration is proposing monitoring cell phone traffic.

They Should DO NOTHING but RESIST the Progressive Agenda that will WRECK what the Founders laid forth.

*I* Back the *HELL NO* Agenda for the Republicans.

Blah blah, talking point blah blah.

The country is mired in 2 wars and the worst economic situation since the depression, and all you want to do is get in the way of doing anything at all.

We had a saying in the military: Lead, Follow, or get the fuck out of the way.

I don't give a shit what "agenda" the Republicans think they're blocking. They're paralyzing government for partisan reasons during a time of war.

Now, what did the right call people like that during the Bush administration? Hmmm, let me think....

One other thing ? Think Bush was the bee's knees? NO Many Know this. Bush was AS BAD. Nice attempt at painting the Republicans. BUSH is GONE. Persona NON GRATA. Try something else.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUkBOuFJgr4]YouTube - GINO VANNELLI - Persona Non Grata[/ame]

OK, so here's the problem I guess, you have no idea what's in the budget.

Let me enlighten you:

(snip, i cant even quote URL's, I am new here)
The "Other Mandatory" category includes Unemployment, and other prearranged agreements that the government cannot back out of, thus the "mandatory" part of the title.

The deficit was 1.2 Trillion dollars for 2009. That is 38% of the budget.

So, which of the major programs I listed would you like to cut? Because cutting "pork", even by 100%, will have next to no impact on the deficit at all.

The only items that SHOULD be in that budget are military and Some mandatory. The rest of it is BS. If you can find it in the yellow pages then govt doesnt have any business being in the business... ie: investements and retirement funding... I can turn to the yellow pages and get Raymond James or a dozen other investment brokers, or even with my bank, to help me invest and save for retirement. There are a lot of insurance companies to insure me, which i have always only had catastrophic and pay for my doctor visits and labs as i go along. I can afford to because my premiums are not ridiculous, I come out ahead for the year actually, and even have two fairly expensive RX.
SS and Medicare are entitlements that we should not be funding for every single person! THey were both meant as a stopgap and safety for the very neediest, and now look at them. Its the whole Govt can do it for me way of thinking that is wrong.
We should all be paying our own way, and Government is Never the Answer, no matter what the question is, no matter what the problem is, gov is Not the answer!!!!!! for any thing, ever.

If you think talking down to me is going to make you appear smarter to your mirror, then by all means, be the librul entitled!! Knock yourself out, but I do know what is in our budget. I know what is in my budget too, and i can bet that even a progressive thinking person like you doesnt spend more than they earn, and that you dont borrow from people that will gleefully slip a knife in to control you once they own you.

The problem with spending then borrowing has long been known. Wells dry up, economies crash and there are no guarantees in life. There is no "Fair" button to push when you need it, really, so why not hold the people who spend our money to a higher accounting? Not preparing and putting aside for the future is folly.

Anyway.. you leftist asshats bitched for eight years about EVERYTHING Bush tried to do... oh, and psst... the Obama administration is proposing monitoring cell phone traffic.

Not true. The leftists bitched about certain things. Invading Iraq, squandering the surplus, not beinng able to find the door, getting rid of pay as you go. No, the leftists were no where near as bad as you wingnuts. You guys are still bitching about whether or not he is a citizen!!

The only items that SHOULD be in that budget are military and Some mandatory.

Actually the only part of the military budget that should be in there is ONLY what is specifically needed for actual Defense, which is about 20-25% of current military spending.

In addition, there are a whole list of items that are covered in the Constitution that have just as much validity as military spending, including "Providing for the general welfare", which covers a whole range of categories.

The rest of it is BS. If you can find it in the yellow pages then govt doesnt have any business being in the business... ie: investements and retirement funding... I can turn to the yellow pages and get Raymond James or a dozen other investment brokers, or even with my bank, to help me invest and save for retirement. There are a lot of insurance companies to insure me, which i have always only had catastrophic and pay for my doctor visits and labs as i go along. I can afford to because my premiums are not ridiculous, I come out ahead for the year actually, and even have two fairly expensive RX.

Excellent, and by this logic we would currently have no Highways, Railroads, transatlantic phone lines, no Hoover Dam, no national electric grid, no space program, no INTERNET, and we'd all be starving because the USDA would never have radically improved farming in the early 19th century.

The thing you seem to miss here is that companies in general will not spend money to make giant projects that will be used by all companies, like Highways, or DARPA-Net.

Businesses do not spend money unless they see a profit, and sometimes projects like this don't produce a profit for decades.

SS and Medicare are entitlements that we should not be funding for every single person! THey were both meant as a stopgap and safety for the very neediest, and now look at them. Its the whole Govt can do it for me way of thinking that is wrong.
We should all be paying our own way, and Government is Never the Answer, no matter what the question is, no matter what the problem is, gov is Not the answer!!!!!! for any thing, ever.

See above.

If you think talking down to me is going to make you appear smarter to your mirror, then by all means, be the librul entitled!! Knock yourself out, but I do know what is in our budget. I know what is in my budget too, and i can bet that even a progressive thinking person like you doesnt spend more than they earn, and that you dont borrow from people that will gleefully slip a knife in to control you once they own you.

The problem with spending then borrowing has long been known. Wells dry up, economies crash and there are no guarantees in life. There is no "Fair" button to push when you need it, really, so why not hold the people who spend our money to a higher accounting? Not preparing and putting aside for the future is folly.

Frankly, I don't care if my posts make me "look smart" or not. I don't show them to my friends and say "look at how smart I am". Frankly I'm sure that sometimes, when I get emotional about a subject, I'm sure my posts make me look quite insane.

What I do care about is that people seem to spread BS propaganda on posting boards like this one, and I feel I need to combat said BS.

Actually the only part of the military budget that should be in there is ONLY what is specifically needed for actual Defense, which is about 20-25% of current military spending.

In addition, there are a whole list of items that are covered in the Constitution that have just as much validity as military spending, including "Providing for the general welfare", which covers a whole range of categories.

The rest of it is BS. If you can find it in the yellow pages then govt doesnt have any business being in the business... ie: investements and retirement funding... I can turn to the yellow pages and get Raymond James or a dozen other investment brokers, or even with my bank, to help me invest and save for retirement. There are a lot of insurance companies to insure me, which i have always only had catastrophic and pay for my doctor visits and labs as i go along. I can afford to because my premiums are not ridiculous, I come out ahead for the year actually, and even have two fairly expensive RX.

Excellent, and by this logic we would currently have no Highways, Railroads, transatlantic phone lines, no Hoover Dam, no national electric grid, no space program, no INTERNET, and we'd all be starving because the USDA would never have radically improved farming in the early 19th century.

The thing you seem to miss here is that companies in general will not spend money to make giant projects that will be used by all companies, like Highways, or DARPA-Net.

Businesses do not spend money unless they see a profit, and sometimes projects like this don't produce a profit for decades.

See above.

Frankly, I don't care if my posts make me "look smart" or not. I don't show them to my friends and say "look at how smart I am". Frankly I'm sure that sometimes, when I get emotional about a subject, I'm sure my posts make me look quite insane.

What I do care about is that people seem to spread BS propaganda on posting boards like this one, and I feel I need to combat said BS.

BS propoganda? You mean the crap you are selling?
see above? yep, back to the welfare clause. Really one should be embarrassed to either admit they cant make it in life without a nanny, and one should really feel some shame that they have to call out whole segments of society and claim they are not competent to take care of themselves.

I care about when people spread BS propoganda about others being incompetent, so much so that they need a nanny.
I'm here to combat the BS of the welfare state. Are you a zero liability voter or do you just like paying for you and them? which?

See above.

see above? yep, back to the welfare clause. Really one should be embarrassed to either admit they cant make it in life without a nanny, and one should really feel some shame that they have to call out whole segments of society and claim they are not competent to take care of themselves.

I care about when people spread BS propoganda about others being incompetent, so much so that they need a nanny.
I'm here to combat the BS of the welfare state. Are you a zero liability voter or do you just like paying for you and them? which?

Some Topics Regarding the 'General Welfare Clause'

General Welfare Clause

SPENDING FOR THE GENERAL WELFARE

[SIZE=+1]General Welfare Clause - a discussion[/SIZE]

The General Welfare Clause <REASON TO FREEDOM

In short? It refers to the States...and their ability to operate without interference from the Federal Government. A clear distinction is made with respect to welfare as applied to persons and states. In the Constitution the word "welfare" is used in the context of states and not persons. The "welfare of the United States" is not congruous with the welfare of individuals, people, or citizens.

It has been PERVERTED into the Monster we have now, from FDR on...Johnson and his "Great Society" is NOT what 'General Welfare" meant.

Except that since I live in a large population blue state, I'm probably the one paying your welfare, as Blue states generally pay more in taxes and get less in federal funding than smaller population Red States, per capita.

Just because you don't give a shit if the poor and the old die or not, don't get all preachy on me.

Is your opposition to the "nanny state" the rationalization you use when you try to go to sleep at night, knowing you're getting welfare from Democrats?

Some Topics Regarding the 'General Welfare Clause'

General Welfare Clause

SPENDING FOR THE GENERAL WELFARE

[SIZE=+1]General Welfare Clause - a discussion[/SIZE]

The General Welfare Clause <REASON TO FREEDOM

In short? It refers to the States...and their ability to operate without interference from the Federal Government. A clear distinction is made with respect to welfare as applied to persons and states. In the Constitution the word "welfare" is used in the context of states and not persons. The "welfare of the United States" is not congruous with the welfare of individuals, people, or citizens.

It has been PERVERTED into the Monster we have now, from FDR on...Johnson and his "Great Society" is NOT what 'General Welfare" meant.

You should really try reading your own links. Your summarizing is terrible. LOL.

The very first link you posted states how there were in fact various schools of thought among the founding fathers on the meaning of the "general welfare" clause, and then goes on to cite the court rulings that made my interpretation of the clause the legal one. Quite a good read actually.

Of course then the author tells us about how it's "wrong" in his opinion, and over-reaches, but it sure as hell doesn't prove your point.

Shall I read more? Nah, I think I'll go to sleep.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back