Republicans and racism

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Flaylo, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451
    Its an old article but true today

Lott, Reagan and Republican Racism - TIME

Blacks won't take their commitment to expanding the party seriously until they admit that the GOP's wrongheadedness about race goes way beyond Lott and infects their entire party. The sad truth is that many Republican leaders remain in a massive state of denial about the party's four-decade-long addiction to race-baiting.

Republican leaders and their apologists tend to go into a frenzy of denial when members of the liberal media cabal bring up these inconvenient facts. It's that lack of candor, of course, that presents the biggest obstacle to George W. Bush's commendable and long overdue campaign to persuade more African-Americans to defect from the Democrats to the Republicans. It's doomed to fail until the GOP fesses up its past addiction to race-baiting, and makes a sincere attempt to kick the habit.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  2. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,676
    "I won't vote Republican unless the admit they're all RACISTS! But then I won't have any reason to vote for them. See the little trick there?" Haha! :lol:

How about this:

"I won't vote for Democrats until they admit they're Fascist/Communists bent on destroying the USA!"

3. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    I have met some Republicans who are racists. When it comes to Democrats, I just assume they're all racists. That's generally true.

4. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,236
    And xsited1 revealed a general self-idiocy with his statement above. I have known some Democrats who are racist (I met Strom Thurmond, who later became a Republican, and he never changed his ways), and I have known Republicans who are racist. The GOP will not become more inclusive with blacks or hispanics until it meets their needs in a more positive way. The numbers clearly demonstrate the truth of that statement.

5. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    OMG. The Gop needs to meet the blacks and Hispanics. NEEDS.

and here I thought we were all "created equal" and ALL is to be Represented the Same in these United States of America.

6. JakeStarkey

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,236
    Morning, Steph. Hope the meds are helping you today. And my statement is still true. The GOP cannot win without strong minority assistance, like in 2004. We saw what happened in 2008 when the Latino vote turned its back on the GOP.

7. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    You are misguided. The Democratic Party Platform supports Affirmative Action. Affirmative Action gives preferential treatment to people based on the color of one's skin. That's State-sanctioned racism. Spin it however you want. Republicans can go to hell for all I care, but it's the Democrats that support de facto racism.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. JakeStarkey

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,236
    That's one way to spin it lopsidedly, xsited1. Not all Democrats support Affirmative Action. Not all Republicans are racist. But we both know in which party the great majority of racists exist, the GOP. No amount of denial changes that fact.

Until the GOP is more inclusive towards blacks and latinos, it will remain a minority party.

9. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    In what way can you prove that the GOP, or any other political party, willfully and with premeditation, excludes ethnic minorities?

C'mon....Dazzle us.

10. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    I'm sorry Jakey, but you are FULL OF SHIT in trying to imply that Republicans have MORE racist.
    this sort of crap makes me sick.
    and for you suggesting that Republicans NEED TO PANDER to one group or another, you and your Democrats are the ones DESTROYING this country by pitting GROUPS of people against each other.

Republicans should get across they see ALL as one and the same and will REPRESENT them ALL the same. then if Blacks, whites, purple, brown don't want to join that party, that is THEIR choice, nothing more can be done about that.