Republicans and racism

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Its an old article but true today

Lott, Reagan and Republican Racism - TIME

Blacks won't take their commitment to expanding the party seriously until they admit that the GOP's wrongheadedness about race goes way beyond Lott and infects their entire party. The sad truth is that many Republican leaders remain in a massive state of denial about the party's four-decade-long addiction to race-baiting.

Republican leaders and their apologists tend to go into a frenzy of denial when members of the liberal media cabal bring up these inconvenient facts. It's that lack of candor, of course, that presents the biggest obstacle to George W. Bush's commendable and long overdue campaign to persuade more African-Americans to defect from the Democrats to the Republicans. It's doomed to fail until the GOP fesses up its past addiction to race-baiting, and makes a sincere attempt to kick the habit.

Last edited:
"I won't vote Republican unless the admit they're all RACISTS! But then I won't have any reason to vote for them. See the little trick there?" Haha! :lol:

How about this:

"I won't vote for Democrats until they admit they're Fascist/Communists bent on destroying the USA!"

I have met some Republicans who are racists. When it comes to Democrats, I just assume they're all racists. That's generally true.

And xsited1 revealed a general self-idiocy with his statement above. I have known some Democrats who are racist (I met Strom Thurmond, who later became a Republican, and he never changed his ways), and I have known Republicans who are racist. The GOP will not become more inclusive with blacks or hispanics until it meets their needs in a more positive way. The numbers clearly demonstrate the truth of that statement.

OMG. The Gop needs to meet the blacks and Hispanics. NEEDS.

and here I thought we were all "created equal" and ALL is to be Represented the Same in these United States of America.

Last edited:
Morning, Steph. Hope the meds are helping you today. And my statement is still true. The GOP cannot win without strong minority assistance, like in 2004. We saw what happened in 2008 when the Latino vote turned its back on the GOP.

And xsited1 revealed a general self-idiocy with his statement above. I have known some Democrats who are racist (I met Strom Thurmond, who later became a Republican, and he never changed his ways), and I have known Republicans who are racist. The GOP will not become more inclusive with blacks or hispanics until it meets their needs in a more positive way. The numbers clearly demonstrate the truth of that statement.

You are misguided. The Democratic Party Platform supports Affirmative Action. Affirmative Action gives preferential treatment to people based on the color of one's skin. That's State-sanctioned racism. Spin it however you want. Republicans can go to hell for all I care, but it's the Democrats that support de facto racism.

That's one way to spin it lopsidedly, xsited1. Not all Democrats support Affirmative Action. Not all Republicans are racist. But we both know in which party the great majority of racists exist, the GOP. No amount of denial changes that fact.

Until the GOP is more inclusive towards blacks and latinos, it will remain a minority party.

That's one way to spin it lopsidedly, xsited1. Not all Democrats support Affirmative Action. Not all Republicans are racist. But we both know in which party the great majority of racists exist, the GOP. No amount of denial changes that fact.

Until the GOP is more inclusive towards blacks and latinos, it will remain a minority party.

I'm sorry Jakey, but you are FULL OF SHIT in trying to imply that Republicans have MORE racist.
this sort of crap makes me sick.
and for you suggesting that Republicans NEED TO PANDER to one group or another, you and your Democrats are the ones DESTROYING this country by pitting GROUPS of people against each other.

Republicans should get across they see ALL as one and the same and will REPRESENT them ALL the same. then if Blacks, whites, purple, brown don't want to join that party, that is THEIR choice, nothing more can be done about that.

Last edited:
In what way can you prove that the GOP, or any other political party, willfully and with premeditation, excludes ethnic minorities?

C'mon....Dazzle us.

That was not the point at all, so that means you are obfuscating. Until the GOP opens its collective embrace more inclusively, the party remains in the minority.

Tuff luck, Steph, if you don't like the truth. And if the GOP won't be more inclusive then it will remain in the minority. You see, Steph, the country is growing younger and darker, will the GOP grows older and whiter and smaller in proportion to the population.

The demographics are you enemy, honey, not me.

In what way can you prove that the GOP, or any other political party, willfully and with premeditation, excludes ethnic minorities?

C'mon....Dazzle us.

That was not the point at all, so that means you are obfuscating. Until the GOP opens its collective embrace more inclusively, the party remains in the minority.
Look who's obfuscating.

The party's membership is open to anyone who wants to join...There's no bouncer at the door, so to speak, excluding anyone.

Pretty weak attempt at misdirection, even for you.

C'mon....Dazzle us.

Look who's obfuscating.

The party's membership is open to anyone who wants to join...There's no bouncer at the door, so to speak, excluding anyone.

You are losing again, Dude. The point is that the GOP will continue to lose elections until it opens its embrace to minorities. The word is inclusion. The concept is not, "The white way or hit the high way."

Look who's obfuscating.

You are losing again, Dude. The point is that the GOP will continue to lose elections until it opens its embrace to minorities. The word is inclusion. The concept is not, "The white way or hit the high way."

the DOOR is always open. just because they don't bow down to DEMANDS from certain GROUPS doesn't mean they are not welcome to join or be INCLUDED..
the way you are suggesting is the Democrat way. so why the hell would we want A ONE PARTY SYSTEM?
If I wanted to be, act and think like a Democrat I'd join their damn party.

Last edited:
I'm losing nothing.

You can't point out where the GOP is proactively excluding anyone, so you lamely attempt to make this about me and spout yet another stale leftist platitude.

fail2.jpg

You are poorly attempting to redefine the point. You are wrong, Dude. The GOP has to adopt to minority needs if it wishes to regain the majority, while the minority can stay with the Dems that does try to meet its needs.

That's the point. I know you don't like it, because, yet once again, I have trounced you, but, hey, son, that that's life.

Get over it.

I'm redefining nothing.

The very notion of the word "inclusion" erroneously presumes ethnic minorities are being excluded, when nothing could be further from the truth.

What you're really looking for is for the GOP to start pandering to and buying off ethnic minorities.

Parties exist to meet voter needs. The GOP does not meet minority needs, and thus it will not regain majority status until it does. Why?

White males make up less than 32% of the eligible voters, Dude. The numbers tell the story.

OMG. The Gop needs to meet the blacks and Hispanics. NEEDS.

and here I thought we were all "created equal" and ALL is to be Represented the Same in these United States of America.

Well, obviously you are wrong.

The Confederate Republican Party of Teabags was "CREATED" for white people, hence, the party is 90% white.

The Republican Party "represents" 90% of it's members, which, are white.

Look at the Governor of Virginia. He gets massive support from a black woman who made a billion dollars as one of the founders of BET, and the very first day he's in office, he proclaims Virginia's "Confederate" Day, basically kicking her in the stomach and pissing on her head. She said she will never again be involved in politics. Guess he taught her, huh?

Forum List

Back