Republicans: An old, white, dying breed of voter?

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Welcome to the Frederick Douglass Foundation

Stop ignoring us and start getting ready for 2016. Don’t believe for an instant you can win then by just shouting the conservative message louder. You have to state the message smarter, and you have to stop shouting it to the choir, but singing it to the world. The urban game is changing. If you can change with it, you will find black and Latino conservatives ready to build a better Republican Party, and one that can win. That’s what we mean by “Urban Game Changers.” We can change this game. Won’t you join us?

Stop ignoring us and start getting ready for 2016. Don’t believe for an instant you can win then by just shouting the conservative message louder. You have to state the message smarter, and you have to stop shouting it to the choir, but singing it to the world. The urban game is changing. If you can change with it, you will find black and Latino conservatives ready to build a better Republican Party, and one that can win. That’s what we mean by “Urban Game Changers.” We can change this game. Won’t you join us?

If I wanted to be a Democrat I'd be a democrat.

Willow, did you read the article?

From the article:

It is time to lay down the tracks of a new “underground railroad,” a movement to help a people who are in bondage to the Democratic Party find hope and encouragement in the GOP, a movement that will wake up complacent Democrats and Republicans alike, a movement that will stop the hemorrhaging of the GOP. We will not be televised – the mainstream media can’t imagine that we exist and we remain invisible to them – but we will be webvised, we will be heard online through bloggers, videos, e-mails and text messages, twitters, Facebook and more. We can no longer be shut out. We are the voice of the 21st century and we will be heard. If the RNC continues to think of blacks and Latinos as an afterthought, the GOP will continue its genteel decline and forfeit any chance of victory in 2016.

That Pravda article was right on about liberals. Insult and attack nothing by hate, wow.

FAct is, a lot more people are very comfortable with a social safety net, hell, even a bit of an unearned handout, even if it means everyone pays a bit more to the government.

There is a demographic change, AND an ideals shift. "Generation ME!" is in their late 20's, pushing 30's, and a new generation is turning 18 and above. That generation was raised on the value of collective good, volunteerism, helping the needy, etc, etc, etc. "Generation Peace Corp" or something.

But they value the idea of everyone paying some of what they have for the collective good.

the GOP should emphasize the racist rhetoric of the dems and their minority minions in the next election cycle.

This would be one place to start as well as Obama racist rhetoric.

LOL! Thanks! Funny and telling message right here, "Urban Republicans fight for justice, truth and the American way, we do it in the face of visceral hate, and we do it without much support from the rest of the GOP. Why do white Republicans not get it? Why do they not listen to the Black Republicans who are writing, blogging, tweeting and calling them out? We’re here! Why don’t you hear us?".

Rdean?

Not really sure why this is racist, or should I say being called racist.

We need to start taking the left's tact and make everything about a war against everything. Leftists have got their talking points about wars on women, wars on the poor, wars on blacks, etc., etc., etc. We need to start talking about their wars on whites, wars on the rich, wars against the unborn, wars against men, wars against success, wars against heterosexuals, wars against religion, etc., etc., etc. Start turning around their own crap against them.

Old and white used to be an acceptable part of society. What happened? Here's a thought, why don't you political experts figure out what the hell is going to happen to this Country in the next four years?

We need to start taking the left's tact and make everything about a war against everything. Leftists have got their talking points about wars on women, wars on the poor, wars on blacks, etc., etc., etc. We need to start talking about their wars on whites, wars on the rich, wars against the unborn, wars against men, wars against success, wars against heterosexuals, wars against religion, etc., etc., etc. Start turning around their own crap against them.

I agree with everything you say except for the part of taking the left's tact. We don't want to be them, we need to educate those who still have an open mind to the damage they have done. Just looking around the nation one would think an education is not required by certainly someone needs to tell the truth, and it ain't gonna be the left.

Willow, I am not sure why your mind closed so quickly. Do you really want a just white Republican party? We don't have one now but that certainly isn't what the propaganda of the left has convinced people. Now I provide you a view that is held by someone who says she is a Republican and is telling us what she perceives as a problem. You may not agree but at least listening to them is not becoming a Democrat, quite the opposite.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back