Republicans alone in dening global warming

Officially 0.039%, but I rounded up to 0.04%.

Maybe that's too much to consider. after all, that's 200 TRILLION tonnes of atmosphere (less than really). Of which... we officially manufacture 12 Trillion. See my previous post.

Sorry for being redundant.
no worries. Chris has the retarded part covered. You can do redundant. If Ole Crocks show up we can have redundant retarded and all our bases are covered.

Enter from stage left... with gusto... old crocks in 3...2...1...

We have increased atmospheric CO2 by 40% in the last 200 years.

Atmospheric CO2 is now at the highest level ever recorded, and the Antarctic ice core record goes back 600,000 years.

In the next 100 years we will add another 1,000 billion tons of CO2 to the atmosphere as well as all the arctic methane from the melting permafrost.

We are already seeing the results of all this with a melting pole and the hottest year ever recorded with horrendous droughts and heat in Russia.

We are changing the earth.

Atmospheric CO2 is now at the highest level ever recorded, and the Antarctic ice core record goes back 600,000 years.

In the next 100 years we will add another 1,000 billion tons of CO2 to the atmosphere as well as all the arctic methane from the melting permafrost.

We are already seeing the results of all this with a melting pole and the hottest year ever recorded with horrendous droughts and heat in Russia.

There is no question that methane on the order of what is under the arctic perma got into the Atmosphere that we would see some fun times to say the least. I think even the skeptics would admit the possibility that a green house gas as powerful as methane could cause some big problems if it got out.

This is one of the few concerns we should have...Not to the level of asteroids or super volcano's, but a real one.

Last edited:
Lie
Dodge
Divert
Repeat

Lie
dodge
divert
repeat.

Anyone else feel like this from these ecotwits?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlXjIg4fH74&feature=related[/ame]

Not as fast as it's changing itself. oooOOOoooo our scary 12 trillion tons of gas compared to the 188 trillion tons produced by nature! Oh noes! teh gassez r comin ta git meh!!!!

The climate is very resiliant. The idea that we are warming the planet because we breath out is insane.

What's messed up is that many of these true believers will end up trying to find a way to exterminate people in order to "save the planet". Let's start saving the humans.

And yet we hit the peak in tempetures 12 years ago.

Funny how that works.

Matthew said:
How much warming would occur if the whole arctic methane deposit got released within a few years could occur? What kind of warming could occur???

Since this would take an extinction level event to cause it, I think we're pretty safe, or be more afraid of what would cause it.

Last edited:

"It is difficult to identify another major political party in any democracy as thoroughly dismissive of climate science as is the GOP here." That's the pull quote from an important column in the National Journal today and it reveals an ugly, under-reported truth about American politics. Conservatives and conservative leaders the world over -- David Cameron's Tories in Britain, Nicolas Sarkozy in France, Angela Merkel's Christian Democratic Union in Germany, and so on -- do not shy from the science of climate change. In fact, there's only one democracy in the world where a prominent political party has made it a point to deny climate science: The United States. But why?

Why Are The Republicans The World's Only Major Political Party Denying Climate Change? : TreeHugger

So, let's see. I'm a Republican who does not deny global warming but who knows the state of the science is not developed enough to make any definitive conclusion about the magnitude and significance of man's contribution to warming.

Am I a denier?

"It is difficult to identify another major political party in any democracy as thoroughly dismissive of climate science as is the GOP here." That's the pull quote from an important column in the National Journal today and it reveals an ugly, under-reported truth about American politics. Conservatives and conservative leaders the world over -- David Cameron's Tories in Britain, Nicolas Sarkozy in France, Angela Merkel's Christian Democratic Union in Germany, and so on -- do not shy from the science of climate change. In fact, there's only one democracy in the world where a prominent political party has made it a point to deny climate science: The United States. But why?

Why Are The Republicans The World's Only Major Political Party Denying Climate Change? : TreeHugger

So, let's see. I'm a Republican who does not deny global warming but who knows the state of the science is not developed enough to make any definitive conclusion about the magnitude and significance of man's contribution to warming.

Am I a denier?
that's heresy and you should be beheaded, stoned or at least sent to a camp.

Am I a denier?
that's heresy and you should be beheaded, stoned or at least sent to a camp.

I think they would prefer to burn the witches who worship the logic of scientific discovery and scientific integrity.

It's called adding 1,000 billion tons of CO2 to the atmosphere.
What's a trillion when you have an atmospheric volume in Quadrillions?

let's see... the estimated atmospheric weight of the earth is considered at 5 Quadrillion metric tons. According to the National Center of Atmospheric Research, of course.

Out of that .04% is CO2 in total, or 200 trillion tons.

Out of that .6% is produced by mankind's activity, or 12 trillion tons.

Sounds like a big number doesn't it? Scary number too. But then again, the size of the atmosphere in total out masses the CO2 portion we produce by over a 4100 to 1 margin. And CO2 is a weak greenhouse gas as compared to water vapor or even methane for that matter! (0.000179% composition or 900 billion metric tons)

We as a species cannot stop a simple line of thunderstorms or even make it reliably rain. We cannot even permanently destroy a little area like Prince William Sound or Lake Erie Hell, we can't even destroy permanently the area surrounding Chernobyl!!

And yet, we... are destroying this planet.

Are you FINALLY getting the point of why most rational thinking people find Global Warming (no matter how you try to rebrand this lemon of a theory) a bit loony?

Of course not.

Because it's not about the science. It's about controlling people. It's about destroying western civilization and some nihilistic effort to revert to some 'natural' communal existence that never could feasibly exist. It's about killing everyone before you kill yourself for the sin of existing.

Save the rest of us the irritation and go first. Be a leader. We'll catch up later when we're finished taking care of business here. We're sure you'd be much happier elsewhere anyway.

I think the warmers would do better hitching the wagon onto Methane. It is a very powerful green house gas with 70 times over 25 years the strength of CO2. It could really cause a massive change in temperature if it was released from the perma frost reserves in the arctic. A massive change on the scale of 2-3c over a decade.

Yet more alarmism. Matthew, the world was much hotter only a few hundred years ago, and olfrauds little "methane catastrophe" didn't happen then, and it wont happen now.

No definitive proof exists that mankind (i.e. "we") is the sole cause of this.

So what?

Correlation still doesn't equal causation, no matter how many times you parrot your enviro-misanthrope yapping points.

Forum List

Back