Republicans Against Obama's Jobs Bill...But They Don't Know What's In It

I have yet to see any House proposals for jobs.

That's because people in Congress realize you can't just legislate jobs into existance.
Right, all you can do is talk about how there's no jobs and blame the President to make him look bad.

No..

Exactly what he said..

"That's because people in Congress realize you can't just legislate jobs into existance."

Becuase you cant. You can create temporary jobs with taxpayer money..that is a no brainer...but you can not legislate jobs into existance.

He doesn't understand and small business create most of the job and they are scared to death of him.

Small businesses are not scared to death of him.

Actually, I am a consultant to about 100 small to medium businesses in the NYC area. They are not scared of Obama...they are afraid of regulaions that has and plans to implment...and are holding off with any expansion plans until they see where Mr. Obama plans to go with regulations.

Which regulations? Which expansion plans? How "small" are the businesses?

The $300 billion is for infrastructure; state and local government jobs. It might save some governemnt fat, but will not create private sector jobs.

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. Infrastructure improvements are done by PRIVATE COMPANIES who create PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS you shit for brains moron.

you are spending too much energy cursing out your opponent and not enough energy trying to understand the point he is making.

When you take tax payer money to fix a road....you are doing nothing more than taking a man off of unemployment and putting him on another :government funded" payrol...he will likely spend no more than he did when he was on unemployment as he knows his job is temporary and he will need to save as much as he can....for when the road is fixed, he is unemployed.

Yes, you will need to lease heavy equipment and purchase materials....but that will only assist the holders of that equipemtn short term...as it is surplus from before the recession and paiud for already...so the flow of cash will end at the distributor...who will only have fewer wounds...but most certainly still wounded.

Small businesses are not scared to death of him.

Actually, I am a consultant to about 100 small to medium businesses in the NYC area. They are not scared of Obama...they are afraid of regulaions that has and plans to implment...and are holding off with any expansion plans until they see where Mr. Obama plans to go with regulations.

Which regulations? Which expansion plans? How "small" are the businesses?

Small business is defined in my business as 50 head count or less...Medium is 250 or less...all permanent employees

For years my clients wanted to grow...all business owners want to expand...and many had hoped Obama's election would help them.

They were wrong and they are now seeing it.

Regulations on manufacturers...having to spend money to ensure something that they always ensured in the past...but now need to prove they are ensuring it.
Regulations on shipping cross country...can do this cant do that....

There have been thousands of regulations past in the past year alone....

Here is the link...enjoy...

Regulations.gov

But I must ask....if you know nothing about these regulations, how can you come on here and curse out your opponents in a debate?

Alabama Republican Senator Jeff Sessions is apparently a psychic.

Before President Obama has even released the details in his jobs bill, let alone given the speech (scheduled for Thursday) outlining the plan, Sessions is already against it.

I understand that the Republican reading of the Constitution means that Barack Obama is only three-fifths of a President. But this time, their hatred and opposition to anything and everything related to Barack Obama has gone too far.

Sessions, who, along with the rest of the Republican Party, squandered the budget surplus left behind by President Clinton, watched the debt grow immensely after President Bush cut taxes for billionaires and put two wars (one in Afghanistan and one for "funsies" in Iraq) on the national credit card. He is now allegedly concerned about debt...that he created but is somehow, magically Obama's fault.

Edited, read the rest of the article at the link-Meister
Source: Republicans Against Obama's Jobs Bill...But They Don't Know What's In It | Benzinga

I personally don't think we will see anything new either however I'm not going to claim that before even hearing the speech.

I find it poor form for anyone whom is assuming they know what the speech will contain, other than his speechwriters/editors.

The $300 billion is for infrastructure; state and local government jobs. It might save some governemnt fat, but will not create private sector jobs.

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. Infrastructure improvements are done by PRIVATE COMPANIES who create PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS you shit for brains moron.

you are spending too much energy cursing out your opponent and not enough energy trying to understand the point he is making.

When you take tax payer money to fix a road....you are doing nothing more than taking a man off of unemployment and putting him on another :government funded" payrol...he will likely spend no more than he did when he was on unemployment as he knows his job is temporary and he will need to save as much as he can....for when the road is fixed, he is unemployed.

That's the dumbest fucking excuse I've ever heard for letting our nations' infrastructure go to shit.

That's the dumbest fucking excuse I've ever heard for letting our nations' infrastructure go to shit.

Curious...why must you spin? The debate was not about our country's infrastructure. The debate was trhe worthiness of infrastructure work as iut pertains to job creation.

Sure, we should work on our infrastructure....but let me ask you this....

If you had an issue where you owed thousands of dollars...and you lost your job but got a new one at 3/4 the salary you were earning....so not only are you in debt, but now you are not even taking in enough money to cover your basic annual expenses...

Would you wake up one morning, look at your kitchen and say..."wow, this kitchen is in disrepair.....I need to get a contractor in here and have him build me a brand new one"....?

The moral of the story...dont borrow money to make the country pretty....yes it will create some jobs but really do nothing more than take people off of unemployment and pout them on another government funded payroll...and they will be temporary jobs...

Instead, sit down with small business owners and ask them what govcernment should do to get themt o want to hire and expand.

It really is not rocket scinece.

Well OohPooPah Doo, may I call you Poo? The Private sector is NOT creating jobs in road construction. What they are doing is sending existing employees out to do a PROJECT. I know your leader would like to call each project a newly created job, but it just isn't so.

Perhaps if we weren't paying for everything from free cell phones to funding 6 gazillion out of wedlock children for life we'd have the money.

That's because people in Congress realize you can't just legislate jobs into existance.
Right, all you can do is talk about how there's no jobs and blame the President to make him look bad.

No. What we can do is create our own jobs. We the people can force the government to get out of our way and stop micromanaging our lives.

The Federal government does more to squelch jobs with their intense overspending, overtaxation, and over regulation. Congress can address those things and this Congress has been fighting this overspending hard. They've been fighting overregulation. And they've been fighting to prevent this administration from raising taxes again.

The government would great more jobs staying out of our lives than having a million government programs.

No Obama is going to try and tell us he CAN create jobs this very night. He sets himself up for taking the blame by suggesting he can make a difference.

Where exactly is this Infrastructure going bad? And why is the Federal government, rather than the state and local government, responsible for funding it?

Who's Barry?

And why do Conservatives break things all the time?

Barry is the name used by friends to refer to Barrack Hussein Obama. Bill Ayers refers to him as Barry. Bill's wife Bernadette refers to him as Barry. The Reverend Wright refers to him as Barry. Axelrod called him Barry before he was elected. He once told an interviewer that all of his 'friends' call him Barry. With his hands in my pocket so much, I think that we should be friends at least. I mean, he hasn't kissed me and when you're getting screwed so much by someone, I would think that it would entitle me to call him what his friends call him.

But if I were to address him in person, in respect for the office, it would be Mr. President. If I were to write him a letter, again in respect for the office it would be Mr. President.

Conservatives break things? Conservatives are intent in breaking government that is true. Simply because we see government, including ours, as a direct threat to our freedom. Using the government you want to take things from me at the point of a gun, and give it to someone who did not earn it. Using government you want to tell me what I can do and what I cannot do. I am an American. I do not stand in line well. I will not stand where you tell me to, I will not be a good little sheep and go quietly into the night. You are right Sallow, conservatives do like to break things that are contrary to our very make up. For some I would imagine that it is very upsetting. For your confusion, I am sorry. But I will not change. I will however, work until everyone understands how invigerating and wonderful freedom actually is.

Conservatives want a government by divinity..not by the people. And that's a real problem. I don't know why so many decided to stay after the American Revolution, because that's the type of government that American's reject. A government where the people in pointed out they were chosen by a god and by blood to lead. We have a government were the people elect other people to represent their interests. That's a government Conservatives roundly reject. All governments, with the exception of Marxism and Anarchy..have taxes. And that's something you are just going to have to deal with unless you are a Marxist or an Anarchist.

We liberals created this form of government. You conservatives have rejected it, twice, once with the Whiskey Rebellion and again with the Civil War. I suggest a different path this time.

Islands for Sale, Private Islands, Luxury Real Estate

You can call it Conservatopia.

By the way..Barry was the name that the Indonesian government recognized our President under. Barack is the name that the American government recognizes him.

It's nice to see you and your friends give fealty to one of the most largely populated islamic countries on the planet. Because you are recognizing their law over our own.

A government by divinity? No, I don't think I have ever heard or met anyone, especially conservatives who want a government by divinity or a government consisting of any religious sect. I do know that conservatives want a government that consists of citizens who do not make a career out of sucking on the public teet. You know, a government consisting of men like Jefferson, Washington, Franklin, Adams and those types. I don't care if their athiests, quakers, mormons or baptists. I've never said here or anywhere that I preferred a government of divinity over one that is elected. I think Sallow that you have inserted a preconceived bias into your analysis that holds water almost like a collander.... not at all. If you knew conservatives at all, you would understand exactly what we are after. A government of the people, by the people, and FOR the people. One that is limited in scope that does not try and be everything to everyone. One that gives an EQUAL CHANCE to succeed, not one that guarantees the RIGHT TO SUCCEED. Because that is impossible... impossible to fund and impossible to manage. Hmmmmm... sounds like we're already there.

As for Barry, I think you've missed the point here. His 'friends' call him Barry, and if he's going to constantly want to dip into my pockets and take from me, then I think we should at least be on a first name basis. I'm not sure where the recognition by a government is going, but then again I understand you're inability to recognize the intricacies of the situation. As a liberal you care about what a government says. You see I'm a conservative and I don't care when it comes to which name is recognized by which government. Once again, I have to tell you that I am an American. I don't stand in line like a good little citizen and I will not stand where you tell me to stand. I make my own decisions and I am responsible for myself. I realize that is against the liberal ethos, but it is an attitude that is still prevelent in "fly over" country.

You're a good man Sallow and you will not hear a negative word from me attacking you personally. That is not right...

Forum List

Back