Republican voters are dying off

Washington (CNN) -- When presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney appears before Latino small-business owners in Washington on Tuesday, he'll address a group whose explosive birth rates foreshadow a seismic political shift in GOP strongholds in the Deep South and Southwest.

"The Republicans' problem is their voters are white, aging and dying off," said David Bositis, a senior research associate at the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, who studies minority political engagement.

"There will come a time when they suffer catastrophic losses with the realization of the population changes."

Over the next several generations, the wave of minority voters -- who, according to U.S. Census figures released this week, now represent more than half of the nation's population born in the past year -- will become more of a power base in places like Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia. That hold will extend across the Southwest all the way to California, experts say.

GOP problem: 'Their voters are white, aging and dying off' - CNN.com

and you say this like its a bad thing?

Washington (CNN) -- When presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney appears before Latino small-business owners in Washington on Tuesday, he'll address a group whose explosive birth rates foreshadow a seismic political shift in GOP strongholds in the Deep South and Southwest.

"The Republicans' problem is their voters are white, aging and dying off," said David Bositis, a senior research associate at the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, who studies minority political engagement.

"There will come a time when they suffer catastrophic losses with the realization of the population changes."

Over the next several generations, the wave of minority voters -- who, according to U.S. Census figures released this week, now represent more than half of the nation's population born in the past year -- will become more of a power base in places like Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia. That hold will extend across the Southwest all the way to California, experts say.

and left wing mothers killid 50 of their unborn children !!

Last edited:
I don't know anyone who claims to be a repub. They say "I'm a conservative" or "I'm a libertarian" but none will say they are Repubs.

I guess I wouldn't admit it either after all the obstructionism they've been doing for the last 3+ yrs.

Britebart led the way and more are going to follow.

I don't know anyone who claims to be a repub. They say "I'm a conservative" or "I'm a libertarian" but none will say they are Repubs.

I guess I wouldn't admit it either after all the obstructionism they've been doing for the last 3+ yrs.
They've been effing up for the last 7 years...at least.

Most Republicans voters are on public assistance......Social Security, Medicare, retired military, etc.....

When you pay into something for a lifetime, it entitles to collect from it. Old folks are NOT on public assistance, every penny they get, they earned, because they paid for it. How dare you demean retired military personnel saying they are on public assistance?!

Inner city free-loaders, on the other hand paid nothing, they only collected, and the more little bastards they squeeze out (out of wedlock) the more they get.

Are you one of those??

Most Republicans voters are on public assistance......Social Security, Medicare, retired military, etc.....
I know one person who depends on assistance to bathe her and give physical therapy. She voted for Santorum ... how dumb can you get. Santorum or any Con would stop that aid to her.

Minorities are rapidly becoming the new majority. Of the roughly 4 million born between July 2010 and July 2011, 50.4% belonged to minority groups. And how does the GOP rate with most minorities? Minorities’ share of the overall voting population has increased from 15 percent in 1988 to 26 percent in 2008. They have consistently voted more than 70 percent for the Democrats in the last decade, reaching a peak of 80 percent in 2008. As long as the GOP targets white male voters, the trend is not going to change.

Political Demographic Trends Brighter for Democrats

RealClearScience - U.S. Hits a Demographic Milestone

When you pay into something for a lifetime, it entitles to collect from it. Old folks are NOT on public assistance, every penny they get, they earned, because they paid for it. How dare you demean retired military personnel saying they are on public assistance?!

Inner city free-loaders, on the other hand paid nothing, they only collected, and the more little bastards they squeeze out (out of wedlock) the more they get.

Are you one of those??

The Republican Party wants you to hate the poor, so you won't notice that it is the rich that are walking away with all the money.

it's working.

Last edited:

Funny thing, Dot Com...if you look at the numbers...a higher percentage of Democrats are leaving their party than Republicans leaving theirs...especially in the so-called Battle Ground States.

Oh, and just so you know? I'm a registered Republican and I have zero problem saying that to anyone who asks.

As for obstructionism? How many GOP House bills does Harry Reid have stacked up on his desk right now that he won't let come to the floor of the Senate?

Funny thing, Dot Com...if you look at the numbers...a higher percentage of Democrats are leaving their party than Republicans leaving theirs...especially in the so-called Battle Ground States.

Oh, and just so you know? I'm a registered Republican and I have zero problem saying that to anyone who asks.

As for obstructionism? How many GOP House bills does Harry Reid have stacked up on his desk right now that he won't let come to the floor of the Senate?

Three.

I'll be cynical and say both party's voters are dying off. Used to be firm lib, now more center. Both sides just carry too much BS.

I'll be cynical and say both party's voters are dying off. Used to be firm lib, now more center. Both sides just carry too much BS.

Too bad.

As Adlai Stevenson said, "If the Republicans will stop lying about the Democrats, the Democrats will stop telling the truth about the Republicans."

Too bad.

As Adlai Stevenson said, "If the Republicans will stop lying about the Democrats, the Democrats will stop telling the truth about the Republicans."

Dems do tell the truth more often, but they are also very hypocritical and when they are called out they deny it... both sides do it. Im tired of it...

Too bad.

Dems do tell the truth more often, but they are also very hypocritical and when they are called out they deny it... both sides do it. Im tired of it...

The problem for the Dems are the Blue Dog Dems in the Senate. They are just as slimy as Republicans.

The group that really represents the average person are the Dems in the House.

And the most honest man in Congress is Bernie Sanders.

Forum List

Back