Republican Views of Trump are Changing

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Screen-Shot-2016-05-16-at-4.48.49-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2016-05-16-at-3.37.14-PM.png

In spite of the media flooding their coverage with anti-Trump reports, voters are changing their views of The Donald.

Story w/links @ A Few Weeks Ago, Less Than Half of Republicans Had a Favorable View of Trump. Today, That's Changed.

If true it proves one thing, the argument against the left was a smoke screen. Consider the fact Trump is more liberal than Hillary, less a hawk than Hillary, and more in tune with Sanders you can only shake your head. If Trump were a democrat the criticism would be unreal, but since he is a republican the base of the mostly white middle class has now switched sides. Unreal. Do this, imagine him black or Hispanic and imagine would he be where he is now?

If 2% that voted for Governor Romney or so stay home, HRC wins going away. She likely wins anyway but that would cement the deal for Secretary Clinton.

A few weeks ago, it was about 25% of republicans (most presumably voted for Gov. Romney) said that they would not vote for him "under any circumstances."

How it shakes out electorally is anyone's guess since there is no metric to determine how many of that 25% is in states where it won't matter like Texas or how many are in Florida where every vote counts. Given that there are 20 million people in Florida, it's a safe bet that some Florida Republicans are probably going to sit this one out.

Republican Views of Trump are Changing

Riiiight....

Meet the Republicans speaking out against Trump
MSNBC
UPDATED 05/26/16
(excerpts)
(#1 on a list of 62 prominent Republicans)

1. Mark Salter, former aide and speechwriter for Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)

Salter, a longtime Republican aide to McCain, has been penning anti-Trump essays since at least last July. He wrote the first for Real Clear Politics comparing Trump to P.T. Barnum but "with bad hair." Then, in a January 2016 Esquire piece titled "We Deserve Better Than Donald Trump," Salter wrote more about his distaste for the front-runner. "Are we in such dire straits that we must dispense with civility, kindness, tolerance and normal decency to put a mean-spirited, lying jerk in the White House?" Salter wrote.

In late February, he penned another piece for Real Clear Politics, proposing that Hillary Clinton was the preferable alternative."Trump is not trying to make great America great. He's trying to make us the worst we can be to satisfy his own vainglory. There's no dealing with him, no trying to encourage him to behave like a grown-up, much less a statesman. If you can see him plainly and you love our country, you must vote against him. Even if that means electing Hillary Clinton."

Salter reiterated his stance in a Facebook post in March: "I will vote for Marco Rubio in the VA primary Tuesday, and, of course, I will proudly and with enormous relief vote for him again if hes our nominee. I will vote for Hillary Clinton without hesitation if the Fascist quoting, friend of the Klan, Donald Trump is the GOP nominee." In May, when Indianas primary decided Trump as the likely Republican nominee, Salter again doubled down on his opposition, saying again that he will support Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump in November. He tweeted: "I'm with her."

Even Stephen Hawking can't explain Trump's popularity
During an interview with ITV's Good Morning Britain, Hawking was asked to explain the popular phenomenon of the property tycoon, who against all odds became the Republican presidential candidate.

"I can't. He's a demagogue who seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator," Hawking said.

During an interview with ITV's Good Morning Britain, Hawking was asked to explain the popular phenomenon of the property tycoon, who against all odds became the Republican presidential candidate.

"I can't. He's a demagogue who seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator," Hawking said.

Let me guess in your mind she is an intellectual genius...

Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote f…:

Sure they claim to like him now. Just more proof that they really only care about their party, and all the other things they whine about don't really matter.

Donald Trump reminds me of Winston Churchill's assessment of Democracy as a form of government: The worst, "except for all the others."

When compared with the most inept and corrupt presidential candidate in our history (you know who), Trump seems to be an obvious choice.

Ted Cruz would be getting the same type of criticism if he was the GOP nominee. Isn't it interesting that the only Republican candidates who are "acceptable" are the likes of Dole, McCain and Romney?

Had Romney been more Trump-like during the last 2 debates, he would likely been elected president.

This is what you get when you confuse theory with reality. It reminds me of Einstein's idiotic comment that "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war."

Pacifism is a great theory as long as you have someone else to protect you.

Last edited:

if trump is a demagogue then it must be good to be a demagoge, if trump appeals to the lowest common denominator then it must be good to appeal to the lowest common denominator...

if trump is a demagogue then it must be good to be a demagoge, if trump appeals to the lowest common denominator then it must be good to appeal to the lowest common denominator...

Trump is toxic ..he was caught trying to rip off veterans and with now also a huge Trump U scandal on his plate

Intel CEO Brian Krzanich moved quickly Wednesday night to quell a firestorm of criticism he received after news leaked that he was holding a fundraiser at his home for presumed Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.

The event, which was scheduled for Thursday evening, was abruptly cancelled on Wednesday afternoon after an inquiry from the New York Times. But that didn’t stop a host of negative articles questioning why the CEO of one of the largest tech companies--and one co-founded and run for decades by proud immigrant Andy Grove--would be backing Trump.

This is what you get when you confuse theory with reality. It reminds me of Einstein's idiotic comment that "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war."

Bull shit on the internet is cheap aand so are you... I respect his opinion a lot more than I respect yours ...and who the fuck can blame me given his IQ and Life experience Vs Yours ...sad...weak ....yuge losah ..you

Bull shit on the internet is cheap aand so are you... I respect his opinion a lot more than I respect yours ...and who the fuck can blame me given his IQ and Life experience Vs Yours ...sad...weak ....yuge losah ..you

[IGNORE]

Gov. Rick Snyder has sidelined himself in the race for president, choosing not to make an endorsement of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.

Trump is toxic ..he was caught trying to rip off veterans and with now also a huge Trump U scandal on his plate[/QUOTE]

toxic like britney spears toxic? also, you misspelled yuge there jebus.

Forum List

Back