Republican Traitors Declare War on the American People

anyone find it funny, but all the crap in that article has been spewed on this board at time or another?

but don't call them, parrots...
:eusa shh:

Isn't it funny how the truth keeps rearing it's ugly head? And does anyone find it funny that the same faux news parrots keep repeating the same denials?

And isn't hysterical that whenever hard evidence is presented, terms like cut& paste become the first line of defense?

But PLEASE stay on your mission, don't let any liberals talk you out of your social Darwinism.

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history."
President Dwight D. Eisenhower

truth?
calling the people traitors and saying they are waging a war...
what truth is in that..?
with the Progressives it's always a WAR on something..
women
gays
blacks
and especially the war on the poor poor Government

it's all become a YAWN

I guess this guy is a 'progressive' too, huh Monica?

Alan Simpson Slams Fellow Republicans For Unwillingness To Compromise

s-ALAN-SIMPSON-large.jpg

Former Sen. Alan Simpson (R-Wyo.) lashed out at members of his party on Sunday, slamming them for their unwillingness to compromise on proposed tax increases.

In his characteristically colorful style, Simpson told CNN's Fareed Zakaria that Republicans' rigid opposition to new tax revenues has hampered productivity and diminished the chances of reaching an agreement with Democrats on debt reduction.

"You can’t cut spending your way out of this hole," Simpson, who was appointed as co-chair of President Obama's Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform in 2010, said. "You can’t grow your way out of this hole, and you can’t tax your way out of this hole. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, we tell these people. This is madness."

Simpson continued: "If you want to be a purist, go somewhere on a mountaintop and praise the east or something. But if you want to be in politics, you learn to compromise. And you learn to compromise on the issue without compromising yourself. Show me a guy who won’t compromise and I’ll show you a guy with rock for brains."

The former senator, along with debt commission co-chair Erskine Bowles, developed a plan in 2010 for bringing down the top tax rate and lowering the deficit by repealing a number of tax cuts and credits. The initial plan, commonly known as Simpson-Bowles, was mostly ignored by lawmakers. A bipartisan budget modeled after their report was rejected by the House earlier this year.

During the interview Sunday, he expressed frustration with his party's focus on social issues, as well as the ability of outspoken figures like Americans for Tax Reform head Grover Norquist to drive the conversation.

"I guess I'm known as a RINO now, which means a Republican in name only, because, I guess, of social views, perhaps, or common sense would be another one, which seems to escape members of our party," Simpson said. "For heaven’s sake, you have Grover Norquist wandering the earth in his white robes saying that if you raise taxes one penny, he’ll defeat you. He can’t murder you. He can’t burn your house. The only thing he can do to you, as an elected official, is defeat you for reelection. And if that means more to you than your country when we need patriots to come out in a situation when we’re in extremity, you shouldn’t even be in Congress."

he was born in 1961.

what year did Clinton become president and give us our biggest peace time expansion?

They lived short nasty painful lives.

Unless of course they had money.

Yes I know, life in the 1950's was dreadful. Americans were dropping down dead by the tens of thousands.

Depends on who you were.

It sucked to be black in the south in the 1950s.

You're having a bit of difficulty finding evidence for those mass deaths in the 1950's due to less environmental laws? That's why you change the subject?

he could have fought then in his thirties.

Now what war is it you wanted him to fight in?

After vietman was over the American people desided to not do big wars.

That worked out really well right up until your fucking party lied us into Iraq.

Then your party got what it always seems to love decade long wars that make corporations like Haliburton even more wealthy

Yes I know, life in the 1950's was dreadful. Americans were dropping down dead by the tens of thousands.

Depends on who you were.

You're having a bit of difficulty finding evidence for those mass deaths in the 1950's due to less environmental laws? That's why you change the subject?

What the fuck are you talking about?

The 1950s gave rise to a real middle class in this country. But it wasn't all peachy keen for everyone.

And you guys seem to forget the effects of pollution and unregulated use of carcinogens around the country.

People are living longer healthier lives thanks to regulations.

That you hate so much.

Depends on who you were.

Black Lung Disease: Coalworker's Pneumoconiosis | Suite101.com

Depends on who you were.

The Clean Air Act

The Clean Air Act has a 40-year track record of cutting dangerous pollution to protect human health and the environment. Administered by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), this legislation has prevented thousands of premature deaths and hundreds of millions of cases of respiratory and cardiovascular disease.

Under the Clean Air Act (CAA), the EPA is required to regulate emissions that are considered to be pollution and that "endanger public health and welfare." State governments also have a significant role to play in carrying out CAA regulations, with oversight by the EPA.

The UCS Clean Air Act "Ticker"

The UCS Clean Air Act ticker shows the net benefits of the CAA from the law’s passage in 1970 through the present. According to the EPA:

"Most of these benefits (about 85 percent) are attributable to reductions in premature mortality associated with reductions in ambient particulate matter; as a result, we estimate that cleaner air will, by 2020, prevent 230,000 cases of premature mortality in that year.

The remaining benefits are roughly equally divided among three categories of human health and environmental improvement:

• preventing premature mortality associated with ozone exposure;

• preventing morbidity, including heart attacks and chronic bronchitis;

• and improving the quality of ecological resources and other aspects of the environment, the largest component of which is improved visibility.”

EPA, The Benefits and Costs of the Clean Air Act from 1990 to 2020: Final Report, March 2011, Abstract.

The estimated costs of compliance with CAA regulations are subtracted from gross benefits associated with improvements to human health and the environment to get the net benefits displayed in the ticker.

and Low and behold here we are and the right is talking about doing away with the post office

They are not stict constitutionalists they are constrict the constitutions neck until its dead

One right wing idiot i talked to the ohter day on her wants the public school system dead.

Their masters have tricked them into helping them kill the government of this country

The right wing master really and truely want the corporations to run this country.

WATCH what they fight , its obvious

Forum List

Back