Republican talking point debunked, in part, by a Republican

The article's title specifically states "Republicans". It doesn't say "some Republicans" or "one Republican" so the implication is (intentional I am sure) that ALL Republicans believe it.

That one Republican is flat wrong, I'll give you that, but the article is intentionally misleading and you are trying to belittle ALL Republicans based on what is obviously a partisan propaganda piece.

This whole thread is one small example of the type of crap being spewed that divides the citizens of this country.

Here's the way I titled the thread, please show me where I used the plural.

This whole thread is one small example of the type of crap being spewed that divides the citizens of this country

I agree with this. Take it up with the GOP.

Here's the way I titled the thread, please show me where I used the plural.

This whole thread is one small example of the type of crap being spewed that divides the citizens of this country

I agree with this. Take it up with the GOP.

Reading is not your strongest skill is it? I specifically state "the ARTICLE'S title". I said nothing about the thread title.

I take it from your last comment that you believe that only the GOP spews crap?

Reading is not your strongest skill is it? I specifically state "the ARTICLE'S title". I said nothing about the thread title.

I take it from your last comment that you believe that only the GOP spews crap?

The article's title that I posted says GOP. If you mean the one that I linked to by Screaming Eagle, yes it does say Republicans. And since the leader of the Republicans in the House was presenting the opinion before House then, yes I'm pretty damn sure he represents the "Republicans" in the House. If it makes you feel better to pretend he doesn't, be my guest.

And no, not only the GOP spews crap. But in this case, it is them that is spewing crap.

The article's title that I posted says GOP. If you mean the one that I linked to by Screaming Eagle, yes it does say Republicans. And since the leader of the Republicans in the House was presenting the opinion before House then, yes I'm pretty damn sure he represents the "Republicans" in the House. If it makes you feel better to pretend he doesn't, be my guest.

And no, not only the GOP spews crap. But in this case, it is them that is spewing crap.

Good lord...you must be female.

If GOP doesn't = Republicans I dont know what does.

I doubt they give a damn.

You are really amusing...gave me a chuckle with that statement. China is in direct competition with the rest of the world (now the number 2 consumer of energy resources behind the US and just ahead of Japan). Having one of those competitors hamstring themselves must indeed be delightful from a Chinese perspective. By the way, are you Chinese?

You are really amusing...gave me a chuckle with that statement. China is in direct competition with the rest of the world (now the number 2 consumer of energy resources behind the US and just ahead of Japan). Having one of those competitors hamstring themselves must indeed be delightful from a Chinese perspective. By the way, are you Chinese?

Nope.

You are still assuming that it is worthwhile to even drill in the area. How long does 4 billion barrels of oil last?

Nope.

You are still assuming that it is worthwhile to even drill in the area. How long does 4 billion barrels of oil last?

And you are assuming the opposite.

Obviously, how long 4 billion barrels will last depends on the rate of consumption. The estimates for the Saudii oil fields are around 10 billion barrels and they have been pumping for some time and will continue to pump into the future.

I just have to ask you how many barrels have to be there before you consider it worthwhile? Is it worth pumping one barrel if oil is worth 4 billion dollars per barrel? Is it worth pumping 4 billion barrels are worth 10 dollars per barrel? or a hundred dollars a barrel?

And you are assuming the opposite.

Obviously, how long 4 billion barrels will last depends on the rate of consumption. The estimates for the Saudii oil fields are around 10 billion barrels and they have been pumping for some time and will continue to pump into the future.

I just have to ask you how many barrels have to be there before you consider it worthwhile? Is it worth pumping one barrel if oil is worth 4 billion dollars per barrel? Is it worth pumping 4 billion barrels are worth 10 dollars per barrel? or a hundred dollars a barrel?

Considering that the US uses about 7 billion barrels of oil per year, 4 billion isn't going to last very long. I can't tell if it's worth it, I'd need to know how much it would cost to do it, who would pay for it, what impact and cost it would have on the state of Florida.

Considering that the US uses about 7 billion barrels of oil per year, 4 billion isn't going to last very long. I can't tell if it's worth it, I'd need to know how much it would cost to do it, who would pay for it, what impact and cost it would have on the state of Florida.

Actually, instead of yanking numbers from under your skirt, why dont we use the real numbers?

Energy Information Administration - International Energy Data and Analysis World Energy statistics from 1980 to 2006

The US consumes about 20.6 million barrels per day of which about 8.4 million are produced by the US itself.

If you do the math (4 billion divided by 20 million) you will see that it could last for many many years (assuming consumption remains constant...which of course it wouldn't).

All of your points about cost etc. and especially those about the coast of Florida probably matter little to the Chinese. Do you seriously think they care one iota about the pristine beaches of Key West?

I got the info off of google, I'll check it again.

I don't expect the Chinese to do anything right. But it doesn't follow because I think that that we should drill off the coast of Florida.

I got the info off of google, I'll check it again.

I don't expect the Chinese to do anything right. But it doesn't follow because I think that that we should drill off the coast of Florida.

My view is that if there is drilling anyway, we could at least hold US companies accountable. I dont think China would do a darned thing if there were an accident on one of their rigs and Key West got to experience what happened in Alaska with the Exxon Valdiz. I don't think a strongly worded letter of protest lodged by the US to the UN would help clean up the mess.

My view is that if there is drilling anyway, we could at least hold US companies accountable. I dont think China would do a darned thing if there were an accident on one of their rigs and Key West got to experience what happened in Alaska with the Exxon Valdiz. I don't think a strongly worded letter of protest lodged by the US to the UN would help clean up the mess.

I don't think that either. But you are just using a possible happening as a green light to start drilling. If we drill or not, it isn't going to affect China's behavior off the coast of Cuba.

Plus, all their trash would probably drift to Texas and I'm not too worried about them.

:eusa_whistle:

I don't think that either. But you are just using a possible happening as a green light to start drilling. If we drill or not, it isn't going to affect China's behavior off the coast of Cuba.

Plus, all their trash would probably drift to Texas and I'm not too worried about them.

IYou are right. Who cares if the US doesn't get any oil...we'll go back to whaling.

We already got all the trash from New Orleans. We're used to people dumping crap on us but we also have long memories.

You must hold quite a grudge against Connecticut.

Naa It's so damn small I didnt even know it was a state until a couple of years ago. Come to think of it Viet Nam dumped on us pretty heavy too. It's also lovely when the Mexicans burn all their fields and the smoke heads our way.

Forum List

Back