Republican talking point debunked, in part, by a Republican

We don't want drilling off the coast here in Florida.

Who cares if they drill off Cuba? Its a shithole. They need the money.

I don't blame the Chinese or the Cubans...looks like a great deal for them both.

As for Florida....well goody for the good citizens of Florida. They deserve $6.00/gal gas prices. I presume Florida's congressional representation will refrain from any discussions/debates or votes regarding drilling and exploration elsewhere within the US.

Gotchya.

I guess then it's ok with you if Chinese drill (a worthless endeavor no doubt but drill they will) but not US companies.

Again, the good ol Congress has managed to prevent US companies from drilling but turn a blind eye to foreign efforts at doing the same. I suppose they can only do so much to hinder economic development within the US.

Try to follow along, okay? China isn't drilling off the coast of Florida. They've done some exploration off the coast of Cuba, which may or may not pan out. We have done some exploration off the coast of Florida and WE aren't fixing to drill.

We cannot prevent China from doing anything with Cuba, so is it your idea that since the Chinese MIGHT drill that we should do it first without even any proof that it is cost effective and worthwhile?

My momma once asked me if I'd jump off a cliff because everyone else was doing it. You are jumping off a cliff.

I don't blame the Chinese or the Cubans...looks like a great deal for them both.

As for Florida....well goody for the good citizens of Florida. They deserve $6.00/gal gas prices. I presume Florida's congressional representation will refrain from any discussions/debates or votes regarding drilling and exploration elsewhere within the US.

As I thought, states rights only matter if you agree with them.

Republicans are nothing but frauds.

Like cutting back on pollution? I agree.

The Chinese are communists, remember. The government pays for everything.

Thanks for not even attempting to answer my questions. Exactly why no one is convinced.

Same old shit, huh? He answered your questions. In fact, he's provided more evidence in this thread to support his stance than YOU have.

Fucking ridiculous.:cuckoo:

If the people of that state want drilling, then go for it. If Alaskans want to drill in ANWR, let them.

But I don't know why we should risk our number one industry so you can pay 20 cents less at the pump.

Right. Because "some Republicans" = "Republican talking point." No spin there.:disbelief:

Tsk tsk ....

Edit: Interesting article. The GOP stance is that because of a lease agreement China "can" drill off the Cuban coast while the US cannot. I'd say that's about as accurate as it gets.

Just for the record, I don't support drilling off the FL Coast by the US OR China. At the same time, I don't see it being very bright to allow China to use Cuba as foothold to take oil if it falls within our waters.

Right. Because "some Republicans" = "Republican talking point." No spin there.:disbelief:

Tsk tsk ....

Edit: Interesting article. The GOP stance is that because of a lease agreement China "can" drill off the Cuban coast while the US cannot. I'd say that's about as accurate as it gets.

Just for the record, I don't support drilling off the FL Coast by the US OR China. At the same time, I don't see it being very bright to allow China to use Cuba as foothold to take oil if it falls within our waters.

Republican talking point= "GOP position". And regardless of whether you see spin or not, there isn't any.

Same old shit, huh? He answered your questions. In fact, he's provided more evidence in this thread to support his stance than YOU have.

Fucking ridiculous.:cuckoo:

Um, he even admitted he didn't answer my questions and told me to look for answers via google.

You really have a burr up your butt lately.

Um, he even admitted he didn't answer my questions and told me to look for answers via google.

You really have a burr up your butt lately.

Try reading the article.

I read the article. You must not have. Neither article provides a list of "Republican Talking Points;" which, is the claim in your thread title.

The article clearly states that the GOP position is that China has the agreement with Cuba and CAN drill when and if it wants, not that it IS drilling as you have dishonestly claimed.

The article also clearly states that a "few Republicans" have made the claim that Chins IS drilling. A "few Republicans" does not the official GOP position make.

Patisan political hacks are ALWAYS up my ass.

I read the article. You must not have. Neither article provides a list of "Republican Talking Points;" which, is the claim in your thread title.

The article clearly states that the GOP position is that China has the agreement with Cuba and CAN drill when and if it wants, not that it IS drilling as you have dishonestly claimed.

The article also clearly states that a "few Republicans" have made the claim that Chins IS drilling. A "few Republicans" does not the official GOP position make.

Patisan political hacks are ALWAYS up my ass.

As I said, the original poster is more interested in playing "gotchya" than in having a real discussion.

Vice President Dick Cheney, in a speech Wednesday to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, picked up the refrain. Cheney quoted a column by George Will, who wrote last week that "drilling is under way 60 miles off Florida. The drilling is being done by China, in cooperation with Cuba, which is drilling closer to South Florida than U.S. companies are."
Last time I checked, Cheney was a Republican.

Oh, yeah:

China's Drilling for Oil in America's Backyard, Republicans Say

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time I checked, Cheney was a Republican.

Oh, yeah:

China's Drilling for Oil in America's Backyard, Republicans Say

Last time I checked, Cheney was ONE individual.

I suppose that ALL Dems believe the acquitted Marines were and are guilty of murder because Murtha said so (without benefit of trial, etc.).

I suppose ALL Democrats are murderers because some are pro abortion.

The point is that the title of the article is specious and intended to cast aspersions at ALL Republicans despite the fact that ONE individual made a statement.

Also, do you seriously think China bought oil drilling rights if they did not intend to exercise the option (especially given their need for oil)?

Again, technically correct in that some Republicans have made that claim but also very very specious.

Last time I checked, Cheney was ONE individual.

I suppose that ALL Dems believe the acquitted Marines were and are guilty of murder because Murtha said so (without benefit of trial, etc.).

I suppose ALL Democrats are murderers because some are pro abortion.

The point is that the title of the article is specious and intended to cast aspersions at ALL Republicans despite the fact that ONE individual made a statement.

Also, do you seriously think China bought oil drilling rights if they did not intend to exercise the option (especially given their need for oil)?

Again, technically correct in that some Republicans have made that claim but also very very specious.

A Republican talking point doesn't mean that all republicans believe it, it just means that it is being used to further an agenda. As I posted in the thread title, this one was debunked in part by a republican. Mel Martinez is a republican that isn't buying his own party's BS.

A Republican talking point doesn't mean that all republicans believe it, it just means that it is being used to further an agenda. As I posted in the thread title, this one was debunked in part by a republican. Mel Martinez is a republican that isn't buying his own party's BS.

The article's title specifically states "Republicans". It doesn't say "some Republicans" or "one Republican" so the implication is (intentional I am sure) that ALL Republicans believe it.

That one Republican is flat wrong, I'll give you that, but the article is intentionally misleading and you are trying to belittle ALL Republicans based on what is obviously a partisan propaganda piece.

This whole thread is one small example of the type of crap being spewed that divides the citizens of this country.

Forum List

Back