Republican Tactics To Intimidate/Defraud Democrat Voters (And More!)

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
i'm gonna post from the centre-left on politics in the political board from here on out till the end of election time, simply because we have hardly anyone around that posts anything about the republican party/bush-cheney reelection that isn't "I HATE BUSH", and i'll honestly say i still strongly vote democrat much more than republican... i sent my florida military ballot in for bush (voted democrat the rest of the way down, mel martinez is another cuban exile who ruins miami and is as fascist as castro is communist) but that doesn't mean i agree with what the republican party and its proxies are doing to get bush reelected.

Minnesota GOP Group Accused Of Voter Fraud

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto..._on_el_pr/voter_fraud_investigation&printer=1

Republicans Paying 100 Bucks To Voter Challengers In Ohio

(yes the dems may do it too but they have a lot more to lose than republicans, historical/factual averages republican voters as mostly white folks, who are reasonably/confidently assured of their rights, the dems have a lot of minorities in inner-city areas who don't trust the police (for good reason in most cases) or authorities and will take flight at the first sign of trouble)

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/23/p...c012f3d326b&ex=1256184000&partner=rssuserland
(excerpt, you're gonna have to register (its free) i can't post 2 pages, jimmy will kill me)
You need personal knowledge," said Kevin J. Kennedy, executive director of the Wisconsin State Elections Board. "You can't say they don't look American or don't speak English."

National election officials said yesterday that Election Day challenging had been done only sporadically by the parties over the years, mainly in highly contested races. In the bitterly contested 2000 presidential election, they said, challenges occurred mainly after Election Day.

The preparations for widespread challenging this year have alarmed some election officials.

"This creates chaos and confusion in the polling site," said R. Doug Lewis, executive director of the Election Center, an international association of election officials. But, he said, "most courts say it's permissible by state law and therefore can't be denied."

In Ohio, Republicans sought to play down any concern that their challenging would be disruptive.

"I suspect there will be challenges," said Robert T. Bennett, chairman of the Ohio Republican Party. "But by and large, people will move through quickly. We want to make sure every eligible voter votes." He added, "99.9 percent will fly right by."

Challengers on both sides said they were uncertain about what to expect. Georgiana Nye, 56, a Dayton real estate broker who was registered by the Republicans as a challenger, said she wanted to help prevent fraud and would accept the $100 for the 13 hours of work and training.

Fraudsters For GOP Are Being Shuffled Around To Commit Fraud In More States

fraudsters resign due to growing scandal in South Dakota
http://keloland.com/NewsDetail2817.cfm?Id=22,35221

main fraudster shifted by GOP to Ohio, his underlings now face misdemeanor charges
http://www.argusleader.com/update/Fridayfeature.shtml

Prankster Calling People, Dishonestly Telling Them Polling Places Have Been Changed
http://www.dispatch.com/election/election-local.php?story=dispatch/2004/10/22/20041022-A1-00.html

NATO AIR said:
i'm gonna post from the centre-left on politics in the political board from here on out till the end of election time,
Yes, because both candidates should be held accountable, but bush should be held more accountable.

rtwngAvngr said:
Yes, because both candidates should be held accountable, but bush should be held more accountable.

not in my mind, but we all know every kerry team crime is well documented on this website (and congrats on that mind you), but most bush team crimes are not. both are equally accountable, i'm doing my best to equal them.

NATO AIR said:
not in my mind, but we all know every kerry team crime is well documented on this website (and congrats on that mind you), but most bush team crimes are not. both are equally accountable, i'm doing my best to equal them.

Do you think in the real world their transgressions re: voter fraud are equal in volume? And if not, you're intentional balancing act may result in significant skew?
:gross2:

Let's see - the left will sign up your goldfish to vote. They sign up dead people. They sign up criminals, illegals and incompetents. They sign up the same person in multiple jurisdictions. Their motto is "vote early, vote often". They recruit welfare recipients who are so lazy that Dems will have to go to their homes, pick them up, walk them to the voting booth, take them to McDonalds for a happy meal and then take them home.

Republicans want voter identification and protection against voter fraud.

Republicans are therefore guilty of intimidation, coercion and attempting to hijack the election.

I certainly see your point. :wtf: :dunno: :blowup:

i love this... we see the world from two very different POV's

i see a historically beneficial turnout in the Dems favor... the GOP has to counter this the only way it knows how... voter supression, as it has been doing for years.

i see the prez and the party pleasing the far right base, therefore poisoning hopes for a greater, more permenent majority this time around (not impossible though)

if the dems had not picked a shitty candidate, and if they ever get good leadership (which isn't impossible), the republicans are going to be in trouble in the senate and the white house one day.

both sides break the law, but the reality only one side has the most to lose from high voter turnout: the republicans.

i hear about all these dead voting, illegial immigrants, etc etc. oh well, if i ask for proof i'll likely get some heavily right wing site. just as if i asked for information about republican voting errors, i'll usually have to go to a left wing or left of centre site. we have a major problem in our country with fair and accurate reporting, and there isn't a news service, foundation or organization that has yet to truly convince me it is fair and accurate at all times (a few come close, wall st. journal, chicago tribune, atlanta-journal consitution, MSNBC, The Economist, RAND CORP, etc etc)

Forum List

Back