Republican Study Committee Recommends Cutting Welfare Program That Already Expired

Come January, Boner is going to have to come up with an actual budget document, not just talking points. When the republicans finally have to tell America which programs they are planning to cut and by how much...or when then tell America that their submission will indeed contain a budget deficit (gasp!), my guess is that the giddy post election glow from the right side of the aisle will dim considerably.

My guess is NBC and the NYT already have a battalion of reporters assigned to sob stories:

(Insert Bloated Bureaucratic Program) budget cut will kill, maim, destroy (multiple choice: fish, women, children, blacks, gays, muslims, dwarfs, owls, etc)

my guess is that Boner will do a little bit of cutting around the margins and they'll make some symbolic stab at earmarks... but their budget will have a huge deficit just like the democrat's did.

Come January, Boner is going to have to come up with an actual budget document, not just talking points. When the republicans finally have to tell America which programs they are planning to cut and by how much...or when then tell America that their submission will indeed contain a budget deficit (gasp!), my guess is that the giddy post election glow from the right side of the aisle will dim considerably.

My guess is NBC and the NYT already have a battalion of reporters assigned to sob stories:

(Insert Bloated Bureaucratic Program) budget cut will kill, maim, destroy (multiple choice: fish, women, children, blacks, gays, muslims, dwarfs, owls, etc)

Sob stories? What an ass. They are real Americans that get trampled or harmed. I guess not having to hear about them makes the not exist?

Hey if they are not discussed on Fox they do not exist.

An interesting thing happened in Denmark a few years back. The government adopted a 5 year unemployment program. Amazingly enough it was found that people on unemployment just couldn't seem to find a job...till the 5 year time limit ran out, then, suddenly, they had a job. So the Danes dropped the time to four years and once again the pattern developed....so now the Danes have a two year unemployment program......guess what...those jobs get found pretty quick after two years of vacation.

Are there people who need the help? Absolutely, but you folks don't seem to realize that most seem to use it as an extended vacation. I have a friend who has been collecting unemployment for 19 months now, and he and his wife have had a kid and are trying for a second because the paycheck helps to keep him home to watch the kids.....and you are paying for it.

An interesting thing happened in Denmark a few years back. The government adopted a 5 year unemployment program. Amazingly enough it was found that people on unemployment just couldn't seem to find a job...till the 5 year time limit ran out, then, suddenly, they had a job. So the Danes dropped the time to four years and once again the pattern developed....so now the Danes have a two year unemployment program......guess what...those jobs get found pretty quick after two years of vacation.

Are there people who need the help? Absolutely, but you folks don't seem to realize that most seem to use it as an extended vacation. I have a friend who has been collecting unemployment for 19 months now, and he and his wife have had a kid and are trying for a second because the paycheck helps to keep him home to watch the kids.....and you are paying for it.

I openly admit that many of the "entitlement" programs are fraught with waste and abuse, but when our country is experiencing 9.6% unemployment, and roughly 15-16% underemployment, where are your facts to back up the claim that "MOST seem to use it an an extended vacation". I have a hunch you would thoroughly get your ass kicked in America's rust belt for saying bullshit like that.

Sob stories? What an ass. They are real Americans that get trampled or harmed. I guess not having to hear about them makes the not exist?

USA 2012:

http://nygoe.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/whiners2.jpg

Hey Samson, what do base your patriotism on, buildings, flags, dirt? Did we declare war on Japan because they punched holes in the hulls of our ships? Did we go into Afghanistan because terrorists broke some windows in our buildings?

You really are an ass.

Has anyone heard an update on the cuts the GOP is going to make? I believe this thread got a bit off topic once Samson showed up.

Republican Study Committee Recommends Cutting Welfare Program That Already Expired

"Republicans claim to be serious about reducing the deficit but yet they roll out a proposal to eliminate a program that no longer exists," said Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wash.) in a statement. "What's next -- claiming savings for cutting New Deal work programs that were terminated over 70 years ago?

"The real question is when are Republicans going to abandon this sort of hollow rhetoric and get serious about the problems facing this country?"

:lol: :lol: That was facking funny.
They won't.

What's funny is that the American people will find out that they have buyer's remorse BEFORE they have the product in t heir possession with this new crop of Tea Baggers coming into office.

2012 is going to be SWEEEEEEET!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif

USA 2012:
whiners2.jpg

Hey Samson, what do base your patriotism on, buildings, flags, dirt? Did we declare war on Japan because they punched holes in the hulls of our ships? Did we go into Afghanistan because terrorists broke some windows in our buildings?

You really are an ass.

When did Banning Whiners become extraordinarily patriotic?

Oh yeah, November 2010.

:lol::lol::lol:

You really are an ass.

Oh yeah, November 2010.

You started out on this board posting semi-intelligent posts. But it seems that was an aberration. You now exhibit the intellectual acumen of a gnat and the maturity of a 2 year old...

Last edited:
You started out on this board posting semi-intelligent posts. But it seems that was an aberration. You now exhibit the intellectual acumen of a gnat and the maturity of a 2 year old...

I noticed the same thing. For a good while I thought he was true independent.

But alas, it was a farce like many other EMBARRASSED RepubliCON$...hiding under the various names of Tea Baggers and Independents.

He's shown himself to be quite the rabid RWer in recent days. Its no coincidence that its the same time that RepubliCON$ THINK they have some advantage now.

You really are an ass.

Oh yeah, November 2010.

crybaby.jpg

Did I forgot to use "pea-brain" to describe you.

will Beck jump on the republicans about this?

Good point.

But I don't watch Beck.:eusa_hand:

This type of absurdity is the reason there is a Tea Party: voters are tired of Dem-Lite solutions to reducing the budget.

No one likes "absurd". No, we need to look at the intelligence and the obvious deep understanding brought to the table by the Tea Baggers. If there is a single group that can fix this country, it's them. Knowledgable, educated, intuitive, and just plain smart.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeN0JRFGPD0&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UASS1qFAIQ8&feature=related[/ame]

I noticed the same thing. For a good while I thought he was true independent.

But alas, it was a farce like many other EMBARRASSED RepubliCON$...hiding under the various names of Tea Baggers and Independents.

He's shown himself to be quite the rabid RWer in recent days. Its no coincidence that its the same time that RepubliCON$ THINK they have some advantage now.

I surmise it has more to do with Sampson's realization he can't compete and accepting his fate. Like when Mike Tyson bit Evander Holyfield's ear.

mikebite.jpg

USA 2012:

http://nygoe.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/whiners2.jpg

You really are an ass.

samson has issues.

please-do-not-feed-the-troll.jpg

I openly admit that many of the "entitlement" programs are fraught with waste and abuse, but when our country is experiencing 9.6% unemployment, and roughly 15-16% underemployment, where are your facts to back up the claim that "MOST seem to use it an an extended vacation". I have a hunch you would thoroughly get your ass kicked in America's rust belt for saying bullshit like that.

Ahh well the rust belt has its own problems now don't it? There are many reasons for their particular brand of misery. My sister works for Ford so I have a little knowledge about their particular issues. Do you?

This quote is from the original Huffpo piece about the WTW program. Regardless of what the Repubs said I did find this little missive interesting...

Jaquayla Burton's job will end this week unless the Senate does an about-face and decides to preserve a welfare-to-work program that created more than 240,000 jobs as part of the stimulus bill.

"I wish they would because on Friday I'll have to sign up for unemployment. I don't feel good about that," said Burton, 20, in an interview with HuffPost. "It's hard because I have two kids to take care of. I've been working here nine months and it's kind of stable at home, and then on Friday I'll be unemployed."

Burton is one of six moms doing community outreach work for for the San Francisco Living Wage Coalition whose subsidized jobs will disappear on Sept. 30, said campaign co-director Karl Kramer. "We do community outreach to educate people about what their rights are under San Francisco's wage and benefit laws."

So in other words the Democrats favoured getting people off of welfare by giving them welfare by another name. Kind of like how GM "paid" it's loan back by using bailout money to do it.

Interesting how the liberal mind works.

Yeah, because the GOP claiming $2.5 BILLION dollars in savings on a program that has already expired makes COMPLETE sense. Interesting how the Republican mind works....

3 million jobs created or saved.

anyone with honesty would admit that Republicans don't have a monopoly on fuzzy math.

Does the budget know that the program already expired? Knowing this government I could easily see the government spending money on an expired program.

Sounds stupid to me though.

However, What programs are Democrats recommending we cut?

"Republicans claim to be serious about reducing the deficit but yet they roll out a proposal to eliminate a program that no longer exists," said Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wash.) in a statement. "What's next -- claiming savings for cutting New Deal work programs that were terminated over 70 years ago?

"The real question is when are Republicans going to abandon this sort of hollow rhetoric and get serious about the problems facing this country?"

:lol: :lol: That was facking funny.

You link to an article that does not link to the study. You cannot expect to debate a "hollow" premise.

Post the study otherwise all you have done is shown your willingness to believe simple political propaganda intended to fool the fools.

Post the study? What kind of a fucking idiot are you? jesus, you're a moron.

The Committee, led by Rep. Tom Price (Ga.), called for cutting the $2.5 billion Emergency Fund created by the stimulus bill to help states subsidize jobs via the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, formerly known as welfare.

Problem is, the TANF Emergency Fund has already expired, along with the 240,000 jobs progressive economists say it created.
from the OP link

gawd, you're dumb as shit

:doubt:

A spokesman for the committee did not immediately respond to a request for comment from HuffPost.
------------------------ from the OP link ---------------------

http://rsc.tomprice.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=213898

cuckoogop.png

it ends with: This is just one of the many common sense spending cuts proposed by the Republican Study Committee. For more, check out the RSC Sunset Caucus and our FY 2011 Budget Plan. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back