Republican Study Committee Recommends Cutting Welfare Program That Already Expired

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Republican Study Committee Recommends Cutting Welfare Program That Already Expired

"Republicans claim to be serious about reducing the deficit but yet they roll out a proposal to eliminate a program that no longer exists," said Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wash.) in a statement. "What's next -- claiming savings for cutting New Deal work programs that were terminated over 70 years ago?

"The real question is when are Republicans going to abandon this sort of hollow rhetoric and get serious about the problems facing this country?"

:lol: :lol: That was facking funny.

"Republicans claim to be serious about reducing the deficit but yet they roll out a proposal to eliminate a program that no longer exists," said Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wash.) in a statement. "What's next -- claiming savings for cutting New Deal work programs that were terminated over 70 years ago?

"The real question is when are Republicans going to abandon this sort of hollow rhetoric and get serious about the problems facing this country?"

You link to an article that does not link to the study. You cannot expect to debate a "hollow" premise.

Post the study otherwise all you have done is shown your willingness to believe simple political propaganda intended to fool the fools.

You link to an article that does not link to the study. You cannot expect to debate a "hollow" premise.

Post the study otherwise all you have done is shown your willingness to believe simple political propaganda intended to fool the fools.

Excuse, excuse, :lol: now run along, I have no time to be feeding the troll.

On second thought, here you go dumbass

http://rsc.tomprice.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=213898

Last edited:
The Committee, led by Rep. Tom Price (Ga.), called for cutting the $2.5 billion Emergency Fund created by the stimulus bill to help states subsidize jobs via the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, formerly known as welfare. Price has targeted the program as part of House Republicans' "YouCut" initiative to reduce federal spending.

So.....does this mean the great GOP "think tank" will have to find an additional $2.5 BILLION to cut, or are they simply hoping Americans don't notice or won't hold them accountable?

Yea, Republicans are serious about reducing the deficit.

House GOP votes to ban all earmarks - The Hill

earmarks.gif

The GOP, the party of know-nothingisms

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHG

how very typically right wing

Yea, Republicans are serious about reducing the deficit.

House GOP votes to ban all earmarks - The Hill

earmarks.gif

The GOP, the party of know-nothingisms

SURE they are.....

Rand Paul was against earmarks, then he was for them, and now he is against them - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

After he was elected Paul was asked by Cristiane Amanpour whether he would stand by his pledge to not pass earmarks. Paul stated plainly, "No -- no more earkmarks." When pressed further as to whether he would seek earmarks for his own state Paul stated, "No. No."

The next day Paul was interviewed by The Wall Street Journal (who has also experienced a rift with Sarah Palin recently). In his interview Paul seemed to change his tune on earmarks. Paul stated that he could see himself actually "advocating for Kentucky's interest" through the budget committee as long as it was done out in the open. The phrase "advocating for my state's interest" is the most common defense of every politician when they try to pass earmarks. When Paul was asked by The Wall Street Journal reporter (concerning the subject of earmarks) whether he would describe himself as a "crazy libertarian" Paul responded by saying "Not that crazy."

This quote is from the original Huffpo piece about the WTW program. Regardless of what the Repubs said I did find this little missive interesting...

Jaquayla Burton's job will end this week unless the Senate does an about-face and decides to preserve a welfare-to-work program that created more than 240,000 jobs as part of the stimulus bill.

"I wish they would because on Friday I'll have to sign up for unemployment. I don't feel good about that," said Burton, 20, in an interview with HuffPost. "It's hard because I have two kids to take care of. I've been working here nine months and it's kind of stable at home, and then on Friday I'll be unemployed."

Burton is one of six moms doing community outreach work for for the San Francisco Living Wage Coalition whose subsidized jobs will disappear on Sept. 30, said campaign co-director Karl Kramer. "We do community outreach to educate people about what their rights are under San Francisco's wage and benefit laws."

So in other words the Democrats favoured getting people off of welfare by giving them welfare by another name. Kind of like how GM "paid" it's loan back by using bailout money to do it.

Interesting how the liberal mind works.

This quote is from the original Huffpo piece about the WTW program. Regardless of what the Repubs said I did find this little missive interesting...

Jaquayla Burton's job will end this week unless the Senate does an about-face and decides to preserve a welfare-to-work program that created more than 240,000 jobs as part of the stimulus bill.

"I wish they would because on Friday I'll have to sign up for unemployment. I don't feel good about that," said Burton, 20, in an interview with HuffPost. "It's hard because I have two kids to take care of. I've been working here nine months and it's kind of stable at home, and then on Friday I'll be unemployed."

Burton is one of six moms doing community outreach work for for the San Francisco Living Wage Coalition whose subsidized jobs will disappear on Sept. 30, said campaign co-director Karl Kramer. "We do community outreach to educate people about what their rights are under San Francisco's wage and benefit laws."

So in other words the Democrats favoured getting people off of welfare by giving them welfare by another name. Kind of like how GM "paid" it's loan back by using bailout money to do it.

Yeah, because the GOP claiming $2.5 BILLION dollars in savings on a program that has already expired makes COMPLETE sense. Interesting how the Republican mind works....

I keep waiting on private industry and tax cuts to create all those jobs....

Because creating lots more jobs and increasing pay is the ONLY sustainable way out of this mess.

govt spending is a temp measure to help us over the crevasse, but it is not sustainable.

all private industry seems to be doing though is sending more jobs to China and such.

We is screwed.

Last edited:

Yeah, because the GOP claiming $2.5 BILLION dollars in savings on a program that has already expired makes COMPLETE sense. Interesting how the Republican mind works....

Please note I wasn't addressing the Repub nonsense which if true is of course silly. However, can you please explain to me how government paychecks to do jobs that are evidently not needed gets people off of welfare?

I keep waiting on private industry and tax cuts to create all those jobs....

Because creating lots more jobs and increasing pay is the ONLY sustainable way out of this mess.

govt spending is a temp measure to help us over the crevasse, but it is not sustainable.

all private industry seems to be doing though is sending more jobs to China and such.

We is screwed.

That is a true statement.

Come January, Boner is going to have to come up with an actual budget document, not just talking points. When the republicans finally have to tell America which programs they are planning to cut and by how much...or when then tell America that their submission will indeed contain a budget deficit (gasp!), my guess is that the giddy post election glow from the right side of the aisle will dim considerably.

Come January, Boner is going to have to come up with an actual budget document, not just talking points. When the republicans finally have to tell America which programs they are planning to cut and by how much...or when then tell America that their submission will indeed contain a budget deficit (gasp!), my guess is that the giddy post election glow from the right side of the aisle will dim considerably.

My guess is NBC and the NYT already have a battalion of reporters assigned to sob stories:

(Insert Bloated Bureaucratic Program) budget cut will kill, maim, destroy (multiple choice: fish, women, children, blacks, gays, muslims, dwarfs, owls, etc)

My guess is NBC and the NYT already have a battalion of reporters assigned to sob stories:

(Insert Bloated Bureaucratic Program) budget cut will kill, maim, destroy (multiple choice: fish, women, children, blacks, gays, muslims, dwarfs, owls, etc)

Sob stories? What an ass. They are real Americans that get trampled or harmed. I guess not having to hear about them makes the not exist?

Sob stories? What an ass. They are real Americans that get trampled or harmed. I guess not having to hear about them makes the not exist?

USA 2012:

whiners2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back