Republican Stand Tall and Proud......

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Everybody here knows I'm a true Republican......I was raised to be a Democrat, in Illinois in the late 1960's...When I didn't even realize what it was to go vote??My grandfather gave me a piece of paper to go vote straight Democrat...He was from Lithuania......I didn't know any better.....

Then I Grew Up......
I had to wonder what he saw in the Democratic party back then, and then make up my own mind for my choice of today.....

I can't say I ever saw what he wished maybe for a party then, but I saw that party for what it was......It was the party of........Nothing...No guarantee, no reliability, don't rely on yourself, take advantage of a state government that would not be there for you, because that is Not What A Government Should Be There For.........
What I saw as a conservative, a Republican if you wish to call me, Yeah, that was my ideals.......Dammit, I could make on my own, and nobody could tell any different, thank you
Stand tall, make your own way through life, And Be Proud....No matter how trivial it might be that you made it.......Wow...is that a story to tell??? Swabbing toilets.........eck............But I would rather be swapping toilets, than sucking off the welfare tit....Maybe that was just me, my own pride...
But I'm sure there are a lot of Americans who feel this way, and I say, more power to them.......Swishing out a toilet for a paycheck isn't the worst thing in life.......

Of this latest Scandal with Foley, I don't foresee a big change in our values as Conservatives, that a whole lot has changed.......We kicked his ass out as it should of been.........
Take a look at the Democrats, who stood by their, adulator's, thief's, liar es and more............

Don't stay home.....Go out and do the right thing.......Go vote and show them the true value of the United States of America...............
We will prevail, because we do believe that Us, the American people fought and died for this county, The United States............

We have to many representatives. to keep them all in check, Just ask the Democrats about That???

We can not let the Democrats take over our Country Now and in my opinion ever again. I wish that wasn't a fact....But the truth is, the Democrat party is No More....They have been overtaken by a so called Progressive=Communists wing, and they are no longer to be trusted......
Sorry for them, but if they won't stand up, then its up to us to do so...

We outnumber them and we now need to stand again, Stand Proud, Stand Strong.......And Say........No way...We will not go in your direction ....

My thoughts are.........If they don't like the direction of this Country's.....OH WELL?? They can move to Venezuela or Cuba??? Or how about Iran???
Let's go for the United States of America.....:dance:

The problem is that the GOP has quit being the party of conservatives. I'm not voting for a "Republican" who doesn't ascribe to basic Republican values, like cutting taxes or securing our border. I sure as hell won't be voting for Mike McGavik for Senate, and I likely will not vote for Dave Reichert for Congress. I'm old enough to write myself in for both offices, however!

The problem is that the GOP has quit being the party of conservatives. I'm not voting for a "Republican" who doesn't ascribe to basic Republican values, like cutting taxes or securing our border. I sure as hell won't be voting for Mike McGavik for Senate, and I likely will not vote for Dave Reichert for Congress. I'm old enough to write myself in for both offices, however!

Since when has the GOP ever been the party of conservatives. Goldwater, Reagan, Nixon, Ford, and even Ike would be considered moderates compared to the GOP leadership today. Conservatives are the problem in the GOP, just as the liberals are what is wrong with the Democratic Party. The GOP leadership has drifted so far to the right that is has lost sight of the fence that divides the two parties. Same goes for the left.

Why does the GOP have to be conservative? It did not begin as a conservative party. It pre-dates the entire conservative-liberal war that began in the 60's. The GOP's values have never been "conservative." It isn't true just because Rush said so.

Hey, could you tell I was celebrating the start of my two wk vacation when I wrote that.....

I have a headache today.....:eek2:

If the dems take back power, will you move you and your family to Iran? I assume you wouldn't like the direction the dems will take the country, so surely you won't be a hypocrite and just bitch about things w/o getting anything accomplished.:thup:

BTW: I'm the exact opposite of you. I was raised to be a straight ticket republican christian. Then I saw the light. I still don't see what my father and grandfather do in the republican party.

Does CC just type shit to himself, just to hear himself talk?:rolleyes:

Since when has the GOP ever been the party of conservatives. Goldwater, Reagan, Nixon, Ford, and even Ike would be considered moderates compared to the GOP leadership today.

:wtf: :cuckoo:
You must have been smoking something before typing that. Many Republicans would pine for Ronald Reagan's conservatism today. If the GOP was truly more conservative than Reagan, our taxes would have been lowered further than they were in Reagan's day and our government would be significantly smaller.

Conservatives are the problem in the GOP, just as the liberals are what is wrong with the Democratic Party. The GOP leadership has drifted so far to the right that is has lost sight of the fence that divides the two parties. Same goes for the left.

So says a moderate. The problem is that there are not enough small-government conservatives - people who want to shrink government's role in society - in the GOP. That's why they are losing their base.

Why does the GOP have to be conservative? It did not begin as a conservative party. It pre-dates the entire conservative-liberal war that began in the 60's. The GOP's values have never been "conservative." It isn't true just because Rush said so.

The GOP's values became conservative beginning in the 60's, long before Rush came on the scene.

They accomplish things rather than simply obstruct the efforts of others.

GOP

1. Won't allow ESC research
2. Won't allow gays to have legal rights of marriage
3. Patriot act
4. Won't revise Voting Rights Act
5. Won't increase min. wage
6. ect....

You're saying that party that always looks for change tries to keep things from changing. That would mean that democrats are conservative. Is this what you actually believe?

GOP

3. Patriot act
6. ect....

You're saying that party that always looks for change tries to keep things from changing. That would mean that democrats are conservative. Is this what you actually believe?

1. The GOP has no authority to stop any ESC research, all the GOP wants is that it not be forcefully funded by every American via taxes.
2. Gays have every "right" as anyone else. Nothing prevents gays from getting married at Churches that perform marriages for gays. The GOP doesn't think its neccessary for the government to recognize gay marriage because it will open the door for gay couples adopting kids, and for gays to get into the military.
3. Yes the GOP believes in defending our country.
4. Details?
5. Why should we increase the minimum wage? And last I heard they did anyway?
6. ...ok

GOP

3. Patriot act
6. ect....

can you link me up to the law the where the GOP outlawed ESC research

don't worry when you all win in 08 you will get to have gay marriage, repeal the patriot act, revise the voting rights act increase minimum wage, raise taxes on the rich, lower taxes on the poor, outlaw guns, leagize drugs, create universal health care....etc....

GOP

3. Patriot act
6. ect....

No. You are a dumbass. This little rant had nothing to do with what I said. Those aren't obstuctionist issues, those are regulatory issues. At this time the amount of regulation on these issues is fine.

:wtf: :cuckoo:
You must have been smoking something before typing that. Many Republicans would pine for Ronald Reagan's conservatism today. If the GOP was truly more conservative than Reagan, our taxes would have been lowered further than they were in Reagan's day and our government would be significantly smaller.

Just because a Conservative said it, doesn't make it so. How many Conservatives have working relationships with Democrats? How many can walk down both sides of the aisle?

So says a moderate. The problem is that there are not enough small-government conservatives - people who want to shrink government's role in society - in the GOP. That's why they are losing their base.

Moderates cannot be for small government? Most GOP moderates are. The difference is usaully their stance on social issues. The GOP isn't losing their base. They simply aren't voting.

The GOP's values became conservative beginning in the 60's, long before Rush came on the scene.

It was just an expression. I can do math. Rush is merely the face of modern conservatism. Also, I hold nothing against Conservatism, just simply modern conservatism. I like Goldwater. That is the conservatism that I pine for.

Moderates cannot be for small government? Most GOP moderates are. The difference is usaully their stance on social issues.

I'd love for you to show me a GOP "moderate" who is for smaller government. I know of none.

The GOP isn't losing their base. They simply aren't voting.

That's kind of what I was getting at, although I might not have worded it that way.

Sorry about that. Negate that statement. Most are not for small-government. My bad.

NP - glad that we can see eye to eye.

That problem, though, is why GOP voters aren't turning out: why vote for a big-government Republican if you fundamentally disagree with the concept of big government?

Forum List

Back