Republican spokesman: ‘Let's hurl some acid' at female Democratic senators

Jay Townsend, a campaign spokesman for Republican Rep. Nan Hayworth (NY-19) has ignited a controversy after he said, "Let's hurl some acid" at female Democratic senators.

Townsend's comments (which have since been removed) were posted Thursday on a local Facebook discussion forum for New York's 19 th congressional district. Townsend was responding to comments made by a commenter named "Tom" during an online debate over gas prices. Townsend wrote:

"Listen to Tom. What a little bee he has in his bonnet. Buzz Buzz. My question today … when is Tommy boy going to weigh in on all the Lilly Ledbetter hypocrites who claim to be fighting the War on Women? Let's hurl some acid at those female democratic Senators who won't abide the mandates they want to impose on the private sector."

Hayworth's office has not yet responded to requests for comment on the matter.

Republican spokesman:

I've never looked at this "site" before, but the quote is direct, though the context of the conversation that prompted the response is unclear. Either way, Townsend should have known better, particularly as it was not an off the cuff comment, but a written post in which he had the opportunity to choose his words.

Never ceases to amaze me how, being cognizant of the world in which we now live, a supposedly relatively savvy political operator can stick his foot in has mouth with such unerring accuracy.

I think spending five minutes here, where you can see how rhertoric can get overheated, um, yeah.

Two issues here. The first is the rhetoric he used. Completely unacceptable. Public apologies and resignations should be forthcoming.

The second, that the Silly Bedwetter Act is an awful peice of legislation, then yeah. It's one Congress can't follow, but it expects the private sector to.
Resignation? For libs this is one of your many problems. You FEAR words. You also use words as a weapon to silence those who oppose you.
There is no Constitutional right to NOT be offended by words.

Those kinds of comments aren't "mistakes". The Republican Party has become a sick party full of hate and anger.
From the Republican debates:
Let him die
Applauding executions
Education is for snobs
Fire janitors and replace them with poor black kids because they don't know how to work

A sick and dirty party. Stupid as fuck and they have no realistic or thoughtful ideas. They are desperately hoping they can bribe rich people into "saving them". Like Mitt says about the housing market, "It will have to hit bottom before it can recover". The Republican Party hasn't yet "hit bottom", but it's close. Hopefully it won't drag down the rest on the country with it. But I'm afraid that might be too late.

I know right? Remember all of those Republicans at the OWS rallies? Scary Shit.

Don't deflect. Comment on the Republicans presidential debates. Those were real. The difference is the OWS are for all Americans. The Tea Party are not.

Here you go posting falsehoods again. OWS , what's left of those lazy good for nothing parasites, are there for THEMSELVES.
They are a bunch of lazy greedy sons of bitches who want multiple handouts. They all are the product of the last two generations of spoiled narcissistic little brats who could not think their way out of wet paper bag if you spotted them the open end.
Half of them look like they can't figure out a bar of soap.
Oh some of them may be book smart, but that and 50 cents gets you a pay phone call.

All this does is confirm what we already know:

Republicans hate female Democrats much more than they hate male Democrats.

Do any of you deny it?

i can say the same thing about Democrats.....you going to deny that?...

oh come on.

You guys hate the women on the left.

You always talk about how UGLY Peloso is.

She is amazing looking for a 70 year old woman you people pretend she looks like quasimoto.

You hate women and it shows up in your damned platform

Yes we all hate women. We confess! We confess!...
Holy shit you are dumber than an empty trash can.

Do any of you deny it?

oh come on.

She is amazing looking for a 70 year old woman you people pretend she looks like quasimoto.

BTW genius...It's PELOSI..Not Peloso...
And she looks like she has a mouth full of alum powder.
How can you libs support a wealthy one percenter like Pelosi? How is that? I understand you people hate the wealthy.

as a matter of fact OWS rallies had lots of right leaning libertarians advocating for Ron PAul.

very few if any were advocating for Obama.

Paul would be a Republican, no?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

More were for Obama than Paul, a given regarding numbers. Paul isn't a Republican, he's a fascist at best. More in common with Obama than Romney.

Annie your a fucking idiot.

what the hell motivates your complete stupidity.

Why are you such a twank?

what the hell happened to you in life?
Calm down with the personal attacks.
Seriously.
Calling someone stupid or whatever isn't nice either at least where there is some substance in the post.
Your post above goes way over the top. Now if you have something of substance to post to annie, go ahead.
That last post was way out of bounds.

Those kinds of comments aren't "mistakes". The Republican Party has become a sick party full of hate and anger.
From the Republican debates:
Let him die
Applauding executions
Education is for snobs
Fire janitors and replace them with poor black kids because they don't know how to work

A sick and dirty party. Stupid as fuck and they have no realistic or thoughtful ideas. They are desperately hoping they can bribe rich people into "saving them". Like Mitt says about the housing market, "It will have to hit bottom before it can recover". The Republican Party hasn't yet "hit bottom", but it's close. Hopefully it won't drag down the rest on the country with it. But I'm afraid that might be too late.

I know right? Remember all of those Republicans at the OWS rallies? Scary Shit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7046bo92a4]Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Talks Palin Cross Hairs - YouTube[/ame]

Was she wrong?

Yes.. Because the guy that shot her was a deranged individual who could have lashed out at anyone anytime.
This issue was resolved.
Let's not make the great leap from an off the cuff comment to the attempted murder of a US House member.

Do any of you deny it?

oh come on.

hey dipshit.....should i give you the list of Republican woman that you and your fellow Democrats have made fun of for various reasons?........you hate women and it shows up when you guys talk about them...

oh come on.

hey dipshit.....should i give you the list of Republican woman that you and your fellow Democrats have made fun of for various reasons?........you hate women and it shows up when you guys talk about them...

I know, I know....to Righties "Made fun of" = "Physically threatened".

as a matter of fact OWS rallies had lots of right leaning libertarians advocating for Ron PAul.

very few if any were advocating for Obama.

Paul would be a Republican, no?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

More were for Obama than Paul, a given regarding numbers. Paul isn't a Republican, he's a fascist at best. More in common with Obama than Romney.

Annie your a fucking idiot.

what the hell motivates your complete stupidity.

Why are you such a twank?

what the hell happened to you in life?

one can ask these same 3 questions of you TM......

oh come on.

I know, I know....to Righties "Made fun of" = "Physically threatened".
is that what it means?....what does it mean to Lefties?...

Forum List

Back