Republican Senators: Trump referred to "shithouse", not "shithole" countries in Africa

Places are not people, and you opened up a whole other can of worms & exposed contradiction, that being you are exposing those nations as exclusive thus racist or predjudiced. Especially when claiming a country (place ban) is a race of people ban.
How can it be racial if people of many Muslim countries are not part of the ban? Claiming it racial is to admit they are racist in it's mainly exclusively 1 race & religion which is how you assume it's banning that specific group of people. Then you dare say those same airport protesters on the ban should not consider
Obama's comment about an Islamic African nation as exactly the thing they claim to be protesting. Busted!
Even Obama had the same restricted countries listed, so this proves it's all a demonization tool by the Dems who use race baiting as a desperate political tool.
They literally think so low of ethnic groups that they think they can play them as tools & fools=now that is what true racism looks like.
Wtf are you talking about. You sound very confused. I never said anything about “racist” or anything about a ban. Are you having a hard time following?

Either one works the descriptions might be rude, crude and politically incorrect you might even find them insulting but that doesn't mean they aren't accurate.
Who cares if the statement was accurate or not? An army vet with no legs is short but I’m not gonna run around making fun of his height. It shouldn’t have been said by our president. That’s plain and simple
He didn't 'run around' making fun of anything at all. He made a frank statement in a closed door meeting.

The democrats, in this case, ran around trumpeting 'insults.' The outrage here is asinine.
True it was a closed door meeting so I won't blame Trump for publicly embarrassing our country through his public statements in THIS case. However, the views expressed by our POTUS in this closed door meeting were reckless and very concerning to many Americans including myself. They contrast basic American values and the positions that Trump has been publicly taking so there is some weight behind the controversy.
I would disagree.

The view point presented was pretty basic - there is no reason that we are actively trying to encourage immigration from 'shithole' nations rather than those that have a more educated and productive populous. That is simply logical and quite frankly he is right on this matter. We should be engaged in trying to pull the best and brightest from those nations that are our competitors rather than using a lottery to pull people from poor and uneducated nations.
Out of the million immigrants we get a year how many do you think come from the lottery program?

Places are not people, and you opened up a whole other can of worms & exposed contradiction, that being you are exposing those nations as exclusive thus racist or predjudiced. Especially when claiming a country (place ban) is a race of people ban.
How can it be racial if people of many Muslim countries are not part of the ban? Claiming it racial is to admit they are racist in it's mainly exclusively 1 race & religion which is how you assume it's banning that specific group of people. Then you dare say those same airport protesters on the ban should not consider
Obama's comment about an Islamic African nation as exactly the thing they claim to be protesting. Busted!
Even Obama had the same restricted countries listed, so this proves it's all a demonization tool by the Dems who use race baiting as a desperate political tool.
They literally think so low of ethnic groups that they think they can play them as tools & fools=now that is what true racism looks like.
Wtf are you talking about. You sound very confused. I never said anything about “racist” or anything about a ban. Are you having a hard time following?
See displacement and deflecting every problem you have in understanding set standards you yourself and your arguments make, as in reflecting back to what it is you yourself are doing.
In other words, look in the mirror the confused one is you, the racist and or support of racism is the leftists and or those race baiting for tactical reasons.
Do you want me to type this in crayon font so you can understand it better?

See displacement and deflecting every problem you have in understanding set standards you yourself and your arguments make, as in reflecting back to what it is you yourself are doing.
In other words, look in the mirror the confused one is you, the racist and or support of racism is the leftists and or those race baiting for tactical reasons.
Again you bring up race. I never said anything about race. So what the hell are you talking about?

Again you bring up race. I never said anything about race. So what the hell are you talking about?
Are you confused over what topic you are posting in? The whole Durbin fiasco was to rewrite language to set a narrative to extort the president to tactically force his (Durbin's) party's position on immigration as in otherwise look like the racist he's accusing him of being. Mobster tactics.
Race baiting tactically weaponized.
What part of ethics and morals do you have problems understanding?

As insanely shitholy Africa is, folks, Mexico is just as bad. Those savages are actually chopping each other up and pulling organs out while they are still alive. Fuck the wall, we need to invade and occupy that shithole Mexico which smells like warm cheese mixed with dog shit since the early 60's when my Dad went down there to find out who was stealing inventory of Remington products. Why those animals feel compelled to reproduce is a wonder of science, but they like all third world savages, cause global warming.

Last edited:
Who cares if the statement was accurate or not? An army vet with no legs is short but I’m not gonna run around making fun of his height. It shouldn’t have been said by our president. That’s plain and simple
He didn't 'run around' making fun of anything at all. He made a frank statement in a closed door meeting.

The democrats, in this case, ran around trumpeting 'insults.' The outrage here is asinine.
True it was a closed door meeting so I won't blame Trump for publicly embarrassing our country through his public statements in THIS case. However, the views expressed by our POTUS in this closed door meeting were reckless and very concerning to many Americans including myself. They contrast basic American values and the positions that Trump has been publicly taking so there is some weight behind the controversy.
I would disagree.

The view point presented was pretty basic - there is no reason that we are actively trying to encourage immigration from 'shithole' nations rather than those that have a more educated and productive populous. That is simply logical and quite frankly he is right on this matter. We should be engaged in trying to pull the best and brightest from those nations that are our competitors rather than using a lottery to pull people from poor and uneducated nations.
Out of the million immigrants we get a year how many do you think come from the lottery program?
Around 50,000 per year. Did you have a point or do you think that trying to marginalize the lottery program changes it value or changes anything stated thus far?

100% of legal immigration should be under a merit system or a connection with a current US citizen (aka marriage).

1 million immigrants is also a misnomer - over half of those are already here and are a change of status.

Are you confused over what topic you are posting in? The whole Durbin fiasco was to rewrite language to set a narrative to extort the president to tactically force his (Durbin's) party's position on immigration as in otherwise look like the racist he's accusing him of being. Mobster tactics.
Race baiting tactically weaponized.
What part of ethics and morals do you have problems understanding?
Now you’re talking about ethics and morals?! Haha, you’re all over the place man and you read way to deep into stuff. How about you just keep these conversations with in the realm of the words I say and we can go from there. Trumps shithole comment wasn’t about calling a country a shithole. It was controversial because he said he didn’t want people from those countries immigrating here. I personally think it was pompous elitist and discriminatory but not racist. I even wrote an OP about it. So how about you apologize for being judgemental and incorrectly claiming that I was playing the race card

I would disagree.

Around 50,000 per year. Did you have a point or do you think that trying to marginalize the lottery program changes it value or changes anything stated thus far?

100% of legal immigration should be under a merit system or a connection with a current US citizen (aka marriage).

1 million immigrants is also a misnomer - over half of those are already here and are a change of status.
Yeah, when you make a big fuss over .5% of our immigrants coming from a lottery system then it accents the point that you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Now let me ask, once somebody gets a visa through the lottery do then automatically get a citizenship card or is there a process? Do you know what that process is?

I would disagree.

Yeah, when you make a big fuss over .5% of our immigrants coming from a lottery system then it accents the point that you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Now let me ask, once somebody gets a visa through the lottery do then automatically get a citizenship card or is there a process? Do you know what that process is?
Your math is off by a factor of 10. That alone is pretty bad. Then you ignore the fact that the majority of those are change of status as I pointed out (over half) making it an even larger portion of the actual immigration into the country.

When you try and ignore an issue because it's "a molehill" it only goes to show that you do not have a position at all.

I would disagree.

Your math is off by a factor of 10. That alone is pretty bad. Then you ignore the fact that the majority of those are change of status as I pointed out (over half) making it an even larger portion of the actual immigration into the country.

When you try and ignore an issue because it's "a molehill" it only goes to show that you do not have a position at all.
You’re right it is 5%, my bad, but my point still stands. I don’t see the problem with granting visas to a small fraction of people from countries that haven’t had much opportunity to immigrate. Immigrants who get visas still need to undergo background checks and be screened. They only receive visas which is just a step towards citizenship, they still need to undergo a very intensive process to be naturalized, and if that process is completed it shows merit. Does it not?

I would disagree.

You’re right it is 5%, my bad, but my point still stands. I don’t see the problem with granting visas to a small fraction of people from countries that haven’t had much opportunity to immigrate. Immigrants who get visas still need to undergo background checks and be screened. They only receive visas which is just a step towards citizenship, they still need to undergo a very intensive process to be naturalized, and if that process is completed it shows merit. Does it not?
As far as I know it does not. Merritt is not part of that process. Finding out if you are a terrorist is.

Essentially, those 50K visas should be going to the myriad of people that are waiting in line and have needed roles to fill.

As far as I know it does not. Merritt is not part of that process. Finding out if you are a terrorist is.

Essentially, those 50K visas should be going to the myriad of people that are waiting in line and have needed roles to fill.
What do you think happens after somebody gets a visa for them to get their citizenship?

Forum List

Back