Republican Sen.'s McCain and Hagel endorse Kerry, NOT BUSH

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Just kidding you. They only refuted the Bush Admin. claim that Kerry was soft on defense and went on to say that over a period of years that many votes by Senators might be fodder for inaccurate portrayals of one's character. But, that's politics, ain't it?

John Kerry is not and has never been "soft on defense" of this nation, so get that out of your silly little heads. John Kerry is a genuine Veteran and chose not to use his political ties to intevene in his time to serve our great country like many others did. John Kerry, even without his medals and commendations, is a much truer American and Hero than any of his detractors, IMHO.

Originally posted by Psychoblues
John Kerry is not and has never been "soft on defense" of this nation, so get that out of your silly little heads.

His voting record speaks otherwise.

You're just confused, jimnyc. But given the criterion of your shallow view you can say the same about 100% of the others in the Senate. Again, bearing in mind that you know little about politics or politicians or Senate Votes overall, John Kerry, like John McCain nd Chuck Hagel said, "IS NOT WEAK ON DEFENSE". I'll leave the particulars for you to search out and devine for yourself. Tsk, tsk.

And what puts you in a position of any authority concerning politics ?

Please enlighten me.

54 years of life and 21 years in an elected office and over thirty years of actively studying the habits, propensities and ideologies of both candidates and parties. Politics appears on the surface to be a system of constant dichotomy, eric, but ideolgy and result prevail, don't you agree?

You're just confused, jimnyc. But given the criterion of your shallow view you can say the same about 100% of the others in the Senate. Again, bearing in mind that you know little about politics or politicians or Senate Votes overall, John Kerry, like John McCain nd Chuck Hagel said, "IS NOT WEAK ON DEFENSE". I'll leave the particulars for you to search out and devine for yourself. Tsk, tsk.

My shallow view? You're just another piece of shit who is fucking clueless about what he speaks. Go away, troll.

Originally posted by jimnyc
My shallow view? You're just another piece of shit who is fucking clueless about what he speaks. Go away, troll.

Jim is that your evil twin talking, or did you forget your meds again?

Kerry did his time in 'Nam. Dubbyuh did his time in a cushy sinecure with the Texas Air Force, which he ducked out of early. So, who's got the bigger cojones? I'd be surpised if that Dubbyuh, being the puppet he is, has any at all. Come to think of it, he DOES look like Howdy-Doody. Of course, Dick Cheney's Buffalo Bob...Got his arm up Dubbyuh's butt, movin his lips an' all. Clarabel the Clown is played by Donald Rumsfeld. :D

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Jim is that your evil twin talking, or did you forget your meds again?

Kerry did his time in 'Nam. Dubbyuh did his time in a cushy sinecure with the Texas Air Force, which he ducked out of early. So, who's got the bigger cojones? I'd be surpised if that Dubbyuh, being the puppet he is, has any at all. Come to think of it, he DOES look like Howdy-Doody. Of course, Dick Cheney's Buffalo Bob...Got his arm up Dubbyuh's butt, movin his lips an' all. Clarabel the Clown is played by Donald Rumsfeld. :D

This wasn't about war records, this was whether or not Kerry has been soft on defense. His record states an emphatic yes.

ideolgy and result prevail, don't you agree

Yes here we do agree.

I notice that you have used the term public office a couple of times, please tell me you are not talking about a school board, or a local hick town. I do respect you 54 years on earth, yet that lends nothing to your knowledge of the internal workings of modern politics.

Bully let the men have a serious conversation about politics without your childish ignoratant and totally uninformed views. Stick to what you know !

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Links???

Running For Congress In 1972, Kerry Promised To Cut Defense Spending. “On what he’ll do if he’s elected to Congress, Kerry said he would ‘bring a different kind of message to the president.’ He said he would vote against military appropriations.”

Running For Senate In 1984, Kerry promised massive defense cuts. “Kerry in 1984 said he would have voted to cancel … the B-1 bomber, B-2 stealth bomber, AH-64 Apache helicopter, Patriot missile, the F-15, F-14A and F-14D jets, the AV-8B Harrier jet, the Aegis air-defense cruiser, and the Trident missile system. He also advocated reductions in many other systems, such as the M1 Abrams tank, the Bradley Fighting Vehicle, the Tomahawk cruise missile, and the F-16 jet.”

In 1991, Voted To Cut Defense Spending By 2%. Only 21 other Senators voted with Kerry, and the defense cut was defeated. (S. Con. Res. 29, CQ Vote #49: Motion Rejected 22-73: R 1-39; D 21-34, 4/25/91, Kerry Voted Yea)

In 1991, Voted To Slash Over $3 Billion From Defense, Shift Money To Social Programs. Only 27 Senators joined Kerry in voting for the defense cut. (H.R. 2707, CQ Vote #182: Motion Rejected 28-69: R 3-39; D 25-30, 9/10/91, Kerry Voted Yea)

In 1992, Voted To Cut $6 Billion From Defense. Republicans and Democrats successfully blocked the attempt to cut defense spending. (S. Con. Res. 106, CQ Vote #73: Motion Agreed To 53-40: R 38-1; D 15-39, 4/9/92, Kerry Voted Nay)

In 1993, Voted Against Increased Defense Spending For Military Pay Raise. Kerry voted to kill an increase in military pay over five years. (S. Con. Res. 18, CQ Vote #73: Motion Agreed To 55-42: R 2-39; D 53-3, 3/24/93, Kerry Voted Yea)

In fact, in 1993 he actually introduced a plan to cut numerous defense programs, including:

-- Cut the number of Navy submarines and their crews;

--Reduce the number of Light Infantry units in the Army down to one;

--Reduce Tactical Fighter Wings in the Air Force;

--Terminate the Navy’s coastal mine-hunting ship program;

--Force the retirement of no less than 60,000 members of the Armed Forces in one year. (S.1163, Introduced 6/24/93)

In 1995, Kerry voted to freeze defense spending for 7 years, slashing over $34 billion from defense. Only 27 other Senators voted with Kerry.

In 1996, Kerry introduced a bill to slash defense department funding by $6.5 billion. Kerry’s bill had no co-sponsors and never came to a floor vote. (S. 1580, Introduced 2/29/96)

Also found in 1996 is Kerry’s vote on the Harkin’s amendment to the Fiscal 1996 Budget Resolution – Defense Freeze. “Harkin, D-Iowa, amendment to freeze defense spending for the next seven years and transfer the $34.8 billion in savings to education and job training.” (S. Con. Res. 13, CQ Vote #181: Rejected 28-71: R 2-51; D 26-20, 5/24/95, Kerry Voted Yea)

http://qando.net/archives/002111.htm

Originally posted by jimnyc
Running For Congress In 1972, Kerry Promised To Cut Defense Spending. “On what he’ll do if he’s elected to Congress, Kerry said he would ‘bring a different kind of message to the president.’ He said he would vote against military appropriations.”

Running For Senate In 1984, Kerry promised massive defense cuts. “Kerry in 1984 said he would have voted to cancel … the B-1 bomber, B-2 stealth bomber, AH-64 Apache helicopter, Patriot missile, the F-15, F-14A and F-14D jets, the AV-8B Harrier jet, the Aegis air-defense cruiser, and the Trident missile system. He also advocated reductions in many other systems, such as the M1 Abrams tank, the Bradley Fighting Vehicle, the Tomahawk cruise missile, and the F-16 jet.”

In 1991, Voted To Cut Defense Spending By 2%. Only 21 other Senators voted with Kerry, and the defense cut was defeated. (S. Con. Res. 29, CQ Vote #49: Motion Rejected 22-73: R 1-39; D 21-34, 4/25/91, Kerry Voted Yea)

In 1991, Voted To Slash Over $3 Billion From Defense, Shift Money To Social Programs. Only 27 Senators joined Kerry in voting for the defense cut. (H.R. 2707, CQ Vote #182: Motion Rejected 28-69: R 3-39; D 25-30, 9/10/91, Kerry Voted Yea)

In 1992, Voted To Cut $6 Billion From Defense. Republicans and Democrats successfully blocked the attempt to cut defense spending. (S. Con. Res. 106, CQ Vote #73: Motion Agreed To 53-40: R 38-1; D 15-39, 4/9/92, Kerry Voted Nay)

In 1993, Voted Against Increased Defense Spending For Military Pay Raise. Kerry voted to kill an increase in military pay over five years. (S. Con. Res. 18, CQ Vote #73: Motion Agreed To 55-42: R 2-39; D 53-3, 3/24/93, Kerry Voted Yea)

In fact, in 1993 he actually introduced a plan to cut numerous defense programs, including:

-- Cut the number of Navy submarines and their crews;

--Reduce the number of Light Infantry units in the Army down to one;

--Reduce Tactical Fighter Wings in the Air Force;

--Terminate the Navy’s coastal mine-hunting ship program;

--Force the retirement of no less than 60,000 members of the Armed Forces in one year. (S.1163, Introduced 6/24/93)

In 1995, Kerry voted to freeze defense spending for 7 years, slashing over $34 billion from defense. Only 27 other Senators voted with Kerry.

In 1996, Kerry introduced a bill to slash defense department funding by $6.5 billion. Kerry’s bill had no co-sponsors and never came to a floor vote. (S. 1580, Introduced 2/29/96)

Also found in 1996 is Kerry’s vote on the Harkin’s amendment to the Fiscal 1996 Budget Resolution – Defense Freeze. “Harkin, D-Iowa, amendment to freeze defense spending for the next seven years and transfer the $34.8 billion in savings to education and job training.” (S. Con. Res. 13, CQ Vote #181: Rejected 28-71: R 2-51; D 26-20, 5/24/95, Kerry Voted Yea)

http://qando.net/archives/002111.htm

Which of course brings the ultimate question. If this isnt weak on defense what is? Dont forget we are talking about a guy who protested Vietnam and a prominent figure in a movement responsible for the death of millions of southeast asians.

But of course he isnt weak on defense. He fought in Vietnam for a few months. It doesnt matter what he did afterwards any more than it matters what Benedict Arnold did after he was made a war hero for the colonies.

jimnyc likes to forget that cutting defense spending was a major running point of the GREAT RONALD REAGAN. After all, we only had a few million surplus GI's running around without much to do and a few million more still fucked up from Viet Nam and without a clue as to the origin of their dilemmi. We all were thinking about that, weren't we?

jimnyc likes to forget that cutting defense spending was a major running point of the GREAT RONALD REAGAN. After all, we only had a few million surplus GI's running around without much to do and a few million more still fucked up from Viet Nam and without a clue as to the origin of their dilemmi. We all were thinking about that, weren't we?

And I see you ignored the rest he 'accomplished'.

His record shows him soft on defense. It cannot be defended.

What the heck are you smoking? Reagan advocated increased military spending to win the arms race and bankrupt the Soviets.

Reagan advocated "star wars" which has cost us billions, even trillions for his buddy defense contractors and 24 years later still doesn't work against a kid with a pipe bomb on a fuckin' subway. Reagan did in fact embrace a reduction of our military force. What kind of bimbo do you think I am?

First psychobabble says:

"cutting defense spending was a major running point of the GREAT RONALD REAGAN"

Then contradicts himself with:

"Reagan advocated "star wars" which has cost us billions, even trillions for his buddy defense contractors"

Ok, Psycho, can you cite voting records by Reagan to backup your claims as I did about Kerry?

Forum List

Back