Republican policies have bankrupted America... From a Reagan insider

Doh!

Message Board Rule #33: Don't ask a Democrat questions that will reveal the truth of massive Democrat collusion with Bush, and majority responsibility for the state of our government today.

One giant Democrat MONOPOLY on government from your town hall to DC except the military.

...and I'm sure he holds no grudges about that.

Anyone who believes one person or even one group of people was responsible for our current economic state is just being dishonest. There are/were too many factors to pin the blame that easily. Maybe he does hold a grudge against the group that "threw him under the bus".:eusa_think:

Not one person "authors" the tax code. Nice try to defend disastrous voodoo economics. Did you read the article???

Why is the truth so elusive from the left on political message boards?

And what elusive truth are you referring to? Even if it was that a person, be they D or R who wrote tax policy for Reagan, they were WRONG! I am not defending the dems. I am independent.

Well, as we have seen through-out the many decades--when there are "un-friendlies" working within an adminstration--like dems. in republican adminstrations and visa/versa--they usually come running out of the wood pile after their term is done--to lay claim to the nonsense you just spouted off.

This guy is a DEMOCRAT talking about a REPUBLICAN administration---:lol::lol:

Futhermore he could not be more WRONG in his analysis.

David Stockman may disagree with your ass-analysis of the analysis and he is the one being...

never mind.

idiot alert!!!!!!!!

Anyone who believes one person or even one group of people was responsible for our current economic state is just being dishonest. There are/were too many factors to pin the blame that easily. Maybe he does hold a grudge against the group that "threw him under the bus".:eusa_think:

the current mess has it's roots somewhere. Isn't it a principle in dynamic systems/systems dynamics/systems theory, that one look to the last cure for the reasons for today's failures?

--

sorry, I had it bookmarked

1) Today's problems come from yesterday's "solutions."

Last edited:
He was thrown under the GOP bus ages ago.

the current mess has it's roots somewhere. Isn't it a principle in dynamic systems/systems dynamics/systems theory, that one look to the last cure for the reasons for today's failures?

--

I agree that today's problems do come from yesterday's so-called solutions.

One of the largest roots of our problems I see is the percentage of government money we spend on entitlements. Yet, we continue to increase entitlement spending.

The problem is that politicians' solutions are many times focused on solving how they or their party can gain more power and be re-elected. Starting an entitlement program can help politicians get re-elected. So can beating the war drum.

Still, what has caused our current financial mess is too difficult to say that it is all or mostly on one group or person. Do you really believe that Stockman is being honest in his analysis?

Government only has two solutions for the economy.

Tax

Regulate

Good luck improving the economy with either.

--

One of the largest roots of our problems I see is the percentage of government money we spend on entitlements. Yet, we continue to increase entitlement spending.

The problem is that politicians' solutions are many times focused on solving how they or their party can gain more power and be re-elected. Starting an entitlement program can help politicians get re-elected. So can beating the war drum.

Still, what has caused our current financial mess is too difficult to say that it is all or mostly on one group or person. Do you really believe that Stockman is being honest in his analysis?

your twisted views are troubling. Most programs I can think of were well meaning and the result of benefiting a party or a politician is an extra benefit, not the motivation for the program.

your cynical view is what keeps you frustrated and angry. you cannot exist with this frame of mind without having trouble sleeping.

Stockman has consistently been honest. He would even admit to being upset with how he was treated, but being an academic he tries to put that aside. It may give him a smile to know his analysis is a shot at his opponents, but his analysis is based on science or data, not feelings. Your views and cynicism is all about feelings.

It is you who thinks with your heart, your emotions.

Last edited:
Government only has two solutions for the economy.

Tax

Regulate

Good luck improving the economy with either.

those are the roles of government. the government can streamline regulation and it has in many cases. the government is not some great singular entity.

you need to stop using such sophomoric reasoning if you ever want to debate and not just spout bullshit.

--

your twisted views are troubling. Most programs I can think of were well meaning and the result of benefiting a party or a politician is an extra benefit, not the motivation for the program.

your cynical view is what keeps you frustrated and angry. you cannot exist with this frame of mind without having trouble sleeping.

Stockman has consistently been honest. He would even admit to being upset with how he was treated, but being an academic he tries to put that aside. It may give him a smile to know his analysis is a shot at his opponents, but his analysis is based on science or data, not feelings. Your views and cynicism is all about feelings.

It is you who thinks with your heart, your emotions.

No, you’re just twisting my words. I actually read a lot and form my own opinions based upon as much of the facts and context as I can get. You have read one post and interpreted anger? You pretend to be able to be my psychiatrist based upon 7 sentences and an emoticon from me? Sorry, but there is something disturbingly wrong with you pretending to have the ability to provide a psychological analysis on me.

I’m not angry. I’m disappointed and sad for the truth of what has occurred. Yes, there were programs that were well-meaning. I said “many times” they are focused on re-election. Also, things can change from “well-meaning” to being politically selfish quickly. Just take a look at a detailed analysis regarding Detroit’s long-time mayor Young. His policies, which were “intended” to help the poor, continually backfired on the poor and helped him shape the electorate for his continued re-election. Here you go: http://www.economics.harvard.edu/faculty/shleifer/files/curley_effect.pdf

This analysis talks about Curley, an old mayor of Boston as well.

Do you honestly believe that the GOP is entirely or mostly responsible for our economic troubles?

Forum List

Back