Republican Party Not So Dead After All...

Yea the People will be watching. If the Republicans revert back to their Democrat-Light routine,they will be done again. The People don't want Democrat-Light. Those days are over.

They are. The Tea Party (The people) saved them. They had better get the message. One of Obama's cronies says this is time for 'introspection' and [sic] Bipartisanship.

'Scuse me? Really? We've been down that road. We see where it got us. Never again. It's time for hard work...and reversing course.

Bipartisanship IS the problem...for that matter? So are the PARTIES.

*Country FIRST*...period.

CUT SPENDING

That'll fix that darn unemployment! :tongue:

Sure it will. It will keep them from taxing the bejeebus out of those that are working. And while they're at it? Government just needs to get out of the way and loose their grip on companies through taxation.

Not many are getting jobs or people are losing jobs because of the uncertainty of whay Obama and the Government is going to do next.

Remove the uncertainy? We get moving one direction or another.

Sure it will. It will keep them from taxing the bejeebus out of those that are working. And while they're at it? Government just needs to get out of the way and loose their grip on companies through taxation.

Not many are getting jobs or people are losing jobs because of the uncertainty of whay Obama and the Government is going to do next.

Obama lowered taxes for most people, and cutting government spending does not create jobs, it removes them. Also, counting loopholes, American companies pay lower taxes than most developed nations.

We could also alleviate uncertainty by making sure people have a better understanding of how the economy works. For example, government spending is what creates jobs immediately.

Another fallacy is that the government needs to raise taxes to spend. The national debt is really not as big of a deal as most people believe (I'd be happy to explain more). To get us out of the great depression the national debt went to about 90% of GDP which is I believe about 35% higher than it is now.

Tax cuts are also a good idea in this situation, and Obama gave them to the vast majority of people. Are we in agreement that the top 2% aren't hurting right now and don't need the tax cuts?

Obama lowered taxes for most people, and cutting government spending does not create jobs, it removes them. Also, counting loopholes, American companies pay lower taxes than most developed nations.

We could also alleviate uncertainty by making sure people have a better understanding of how the economy works. For example, government spending is what creates jobs immediately.

Another fallacy is that the government needs to raise taxes to spend. The national debt is really not as big of a deal as most people believe (I'd be happy to explain more). To get us out of the great depression the national debt went to about 90% of GDP which is I believe about 35% higher than it is now.

Tax cuts are also a good idea in this situation, and Obama gave them to the vast majority of people. Are we in agreement that the top 2% aren't hurting right now and don't need the tax cuts?

federal tax cuts dont mean shit if the State your living in sucks the cut up with a raise of their own....so i guess Obama can say "i gave you a cut"....

Where do they teach this shit?

With their sweeping electoral victory in hand, Republicans are committed to ending earmarks - the local-project riders to legislation - and focusing on the big national issues, a top Senate Republican said Wednesday.

"We can't have 500 congressmen and senators who think it's their job to bring home the bacon - and that's what's going to change," South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint told CBS' "The Early Show. "One of the first thing we'll do in the House and Senate is ban earmarks as Republicans - that'll get our eyes back on fixing our tax code, fixing social security and Medicare, getting America back to work.

DeMint: We'll Ban Earmarks Right Away - The Early Show - CBS News

Great start. :clap2:

With their sweeping electoral victory in hand, Republicans are committed to ending earmarks - the local-project riders to legislation - and focusing on the big national issues, a top Senate Republican said Wednesday.

"We can't have 500 congressmen and senators who think it's their job to bring home the bacon - and that's what's going to change," South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint told CBS' "The Early Show. "One of the first thing we'll do in the House and Senate is ban earmarks as Republicans - that'll get our eyes back on fixing our tax code, fixing social security and Medicare, getting America back to work.

DeMint: We'll Ban Earmarks Right Away - The Early Show - CBS News

Great start. :clap2:

Yes. Dems pledged to end earmarks. Let's see if the GOP actually does. IT is good because they can do this without the Senate and presidential signature.

Wow what a difference two years makes huh? Even i didn't think the Republicans would come roaring back to life the way they did on Tuesday. I really did think it would take them many more years to come back. I didn't declare them Dead & Buried like so many others did but i did think it would take them awhile longer to come back. They really did achieve some massive and historical gains on Tuesday. I think winning the majority of Governorships back might be their biggest Win. It doesn't get as much publicity as the Congressional Elections do but having the majority of Governorships will be huge for them in future Elections. So to all those Democrats who were out there boasting about the Republican Party being Dead,i simply say...Not so fast my Friend! :)

Agree on the governors. The power of redistricting never gets much discussion but it is a very huge tool that can influence House races for years into the future. And an adjunct to winning those governorships is the huge pickup nationally of state legislature seats by GOPers, actually gaining control in many states. It makes redrawing districts that much easier for the good guys.

I too am pleased with the Republican wins Tuesday but some perspective is due IMO. Much like '06 and '08 Dim wins were due to a backlash at Republican governance by increased Dim turnouts and independents and even some Republicans looking for - you'll excuse the term - change. I think Tuesday mirrors those years as the Republican base was more jacked up to turn out to vote and many independents and other disgruntles swung to the right. So to some degree the GOP was a victim of circumstances, albeit very good ones this go-round.

So now the obvious question is what will the Republicans do to build on their new power in the next two years rather than piss it away as the Dims have just done. I'm not worried about that at all because while the lessons of '06 & '08 were harsh they were nonetheless good learning experiences and have been further enhanced by how the Dims just set themselves up for this huge ass kicking.

Now it's simply time to capitalize on the opportunity.

Last edited:
CUT SPENDING

This shows that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of economics. Government spending of debt money does not result in any net creation of jobs at all. It only confiscates wealth from private citizens and forces them to pay for centrally-planned jobs that the real economy usually neither needs nor benefits from. At the end of the day we are left with one thing - a pile of debt.

America needs more savings, not more spending.

CUT SPENDING

This shows that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of economics. Government spending of debt money does not result in any net creation of jobs at all. It only confiscates wealth from private citizens and forces them to pay for centrally-planned jobs that the real economy usually neither needs nor benefits from. At the end of the day we are left with one thing - a pile of debt.

America needs more savings, not more spending.

You're arguing with an economic nincompoop. He probably thinks that downturns in the economy can be fixed by "stimulating" demand.

Forum List

Back