Republican Party Not So Dead After All...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
Wow what a difference two years makes huh? Even i didn't think the Republicans would come roaring back to life the way they did on Tuesday. I really did think it would take them many more years to come back. I didn't declare them Dead & Buried like so many others did but i did think it would take them awhile longer to come back. They really did achieve some massive and historical gains on Tuesday. I think winning the majority of Governorships back might be their biggest Win. It doesn't get as much publicity as the Congressional Elections do but having the majority of Governorships will be huge for them in future Elections. So to all those Democrats who were out there boasting about the Republican Party being Dead,i simply say...Not so fast my Friend! :)

Yea many Democrats sure did boast about the GOP being Dead & Buried for good two years ago. Seriously,what a difference two years makes. Amazing.

I think people understimated the width and breadth of American opposition to marxism. I think when it became obvious that the lunatics were running the asylum, the people strongly reacted, and showed that, after all, the lunatics do not represent, nor are they a part of, the majority or really anything else that has anything to do with this country.

Yea now it's onto the Senate & White House. Lots more to be done for sure.

Their back but they better pay attention to why their back. If they think going back to the bush/ neo-con Republican Party is why their back they will lose big in 2012. Their back because of the TEA PARTY and we expect things to change. Now it's deliver or be dead forever because the TEA PARTY isn't going anywhere. It can work within the Republican Party or the Republican Party can die and we will form our own party. So Republicans now it's become a real Conservative Party like your supposed to be or be gone forever. They can join the ranks of the Whig's and the Bull Moose Party.

Interestingly enough, however, were it not for the fact that the teabaggers nominated nutjobs like Angle, O'Donnell and Buck, the GOP would have won back the senate as well!

I am sure that the teabaggers must be quite proud of THAT! :lol:

The GOP has a second chance here. Now they need to be fiscally conservative and cut spending. If they do it - they will enjoy large majorities for a long time. Next step -unwind Obamacare....

Interestingly enough, however, were it not for the fact that the teabaggers nominated nutjobs like Angle, O'Donnell and Buck, the GOP would have won back the senate as well!

I am sure that the teabaggers must be quite proud of THAT! :lol:

I don't know how long it takes slow idiots like you to understand that when you use the term "teabagger" you lose every bit of credibility.

But hey, why try to act like a normal human being when you can make disgusting remarks about others and their ideology or political leaning.

And guess what? I'm not even a Tea Party supporter. Sure, I happen to agree with some of the things they say, but I don't call myself part of the Tea Party.

Even so, it still makes you look like a fool, but please continue.

Rick

Keep up the facist war on drugs and you'll see how fast you can get back in the minority. Listen to Ron Paul and Sarah Palin.

read the demographics, AARP voters killed 19. The college vote doesn't come out for mid terms. Ignore that at your peril. Again Palin/Paul have the way to stay in power for decades.

Now we have to move on and take the Senate & White House back. Lots of work still to be done. But this is a nice start.

The GOP has a second chance here. Now they need to be fiscally conservative and cut spending. If they do it - they will enjoy large majorities for a long time. Next step -unwind Obamacare....
Zander, I am trying to find out what message you were sending to Obama. Do you think as an American all deserve quality healthcare. Do you think we should stop SS benifits to the elderly. Do you think the men who fight for the rights of this country should come home to no jobs and homelessness as a reward for thier service. Please tell me how you think the GOP will stop spending because I have yet to hear them say anything about what thier plan is.

Zander, I am trying to find out what message you were sending to Obama. Do you think as an American all deserve quality healthcare. Do you think we should stop SS benifits to the elderly. Do you think the men who fight for the rights of this country should come home to no jobs and homelessness as a reward for thier service. Please tell me how you think the GOP will stop spending because I have yet to hear them say anything about what thier plan is.

We can start with elimination of all funding for NPR and CPB (savings of $425 Million PER YEAR)

Terminate Exchanges with Historic Whaling and Trading Partners Program (Savings of $87.5 million over ten years)

Terminate the Presidential Election Fund (Savings of $520 million over ten years.)

Cut the New Non-Reformed Welfare Program ($25 Billion Savings)

Eliminate Federal Employee Pay Raise ($30 Billion Savings)

Reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac ($30 Billion Savings)

Sell Excess Federal Property ($15 Billion Savings)

Prohibit Hiring New IRS Agents to Enforce Health Care Law ($15 Billion Savings)

Cut Taxpayer Subsidized Union Activities ($1.2 Billion Savings)

Prohibit Stimulus Funding for Promotional Signage (Tens of Millions)

Prohibit Sleeper Car Subsidies on Amtrak ($1.2 billion Savings)

Bipartisan Proposal to Terminate AEITC ($1.1 billion Savings)

Require Collection of Unpaid Taxes From Federal Employees ($1 billion Savings)

Reduce Government Employment to 2008 Levels ($35 billion Savings)

How's that for a start??

As for healthcare - it is not the Governments job to take care of your health. It is yours. Personal Responsibility - it is the only way to roll!!

Last edited:
Yea the People will be watching. If the Republicans revert back to their Democrat-Light routine,they will be done again. The People don't want Democrat-Light. Those days are over.

read the demographics, AARP voters killed 19. The college vote doesn't come out for mid terms. Ignore that at your peril. Again Palin/Paul have the way to stay in power for decades.

I don't know about that. I'm 64 and I voted yes and so did my wife and neither one of us ever smoked pot. OK I did once in Nam but that doesn't count. I don't know how it failed, everyone I know voted for it.

Forum List

Back