Republican Nirvana: No government regulations

Yes, Republicans and Democrats are driving down the same road and just fighting over who gets to be behind the same steering wheel.

Republican W added a prescription drug "benefit" to the Medicare welfare program, signed the $250 billion "transportation" bill which was a Christmas tree of spending unrelated to transportation and what was related to transportation included the bridge to nowhere, he started the TARP giveaway of trillions. He never once vetoed a spending bill and proposed no cuts in anything in his budgets, the Democrats just screamed because he reduced the rate of increases in spending.

And, gave us our first $1 trillion deficit. Sounds "conservative" to me.

He was replaced by Peacenik Obama who continued his middle east policy in Iraq, extended it in Afghanistan and started new ones like Libya.

Not so. Obama has completely and thoroughly shifted the focus of our entire foreign policy away from the Middle East and onto the western Pacific and Indian Ocean.

They're as different as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

Then you might as well vote for Obama, right?

I just told you why the story is crap...You're just too thick-headed and blindly partisan to admit as much.

Like I said, a little introspection will go a long way with you.

Ok, I'm thick headed. Explain it to me.

:bang3:

Trying to talk rationally with true ideologues is like trying to explain nuclear physics to a two year old. It just doesn't penetrate.

Wait!

What?

You posted rationally. Where? I must have missed that post.

You only missed it because you don't recognize it when you see it. Too much Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh will have that affect on you.

Romney was pretty clear that he understood the need for regulations. Just regulations that help. Most of our regulations are designed to destroy, not help.

Uh, huh. So you and he say.
Thats pretty much all she ever does is "say". Links are a rarity w/ > a few rw's.
Hey motherfucker who is writing the regulations at present? Did it prevent these deaths? And Secondly Massachussetts is a democrat bastion of liberalism it isn't the Republicans fucking fault that they have fucking tort reform.

Republicans have consistently been for reducing the amount of damages/pay-outs one can seek to recuperate in cases of medical malpractice/negligence. Don't play coy pussy.

Linking to media that undertake politically biased reporting are not 'proof' of jack shit other than certain people are unable to research and apply critical thought to any issue before forming their own opinion.

I just told you why the story is crap...You're just too thick-headed and blindly partisan to admit as much.

Already linked to the explanation....You're just too blindly partisan and/or intellectually lazy to recognize the glaring logical fallacy for what it is.

:bang3:

Trying to talk rationally with true ideologues is like trying to explain nuclear physics to a two year old. It just doesn't penetrate.

Wait!

What?

You only missed it because you don't recognize it when you see it. Too much Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh will have that affect on you.

OK. You wanna prove that I watch/listen to either or both? You won't be able to...because I don't... I have - on more than one occasion - slammed both Beck and Limbaugh.

Your problem is you ass-u-me that things that are not accurate.

You are now dismissed as yet another mindless moron.

Uh, huh. So you and he say.
Thats pretty much all she ever does is "say". Links are a rarity w/ > a few rw's.
Hey motherfucker who is writing the regulations at present? Did it prevent these deaths? And Secondly Massachussetts is a democrat bastion of liberalism it isn't the Republicans fucking fault that they have fucking tort reform.

Republicans have consistently been for reducing the amount of damages/pay-outs one can seek to recuperate in cases of medical malpractice/negligence. Don't play coy pussy.

Linking to media that undertake politically biased reporting are not 'proof' of jack shit other than certain people are unable to research and apply critical thought to any issue before forming their own opinion.

Who said anything about linking to sources like that? Oh wait! YOU did. :eusa_hand: :eusa_whistle: You need to learn to think "critically". :lol:

Last edited:

Already linked to the explanation....You're just too blindly partisan and/or intellectually lazy to recognize the glaring logical fallacy for what it is.

Where? All I saw was a link to a definition of a straw man argument. Just because you make that claim does not make it so.

wait!

What?

you only missed it because you don't recognize it when you see it. Too much glenn beck and rush limbaugh will have that affect on you.

ok. You wanna prove that i watch/listen to either or both? You won't be able to...because i don't... I have - on more than one occasion - slammed both beck and limbaugh.

Your problem is you ass-u-me that things that are not accurate.

You are now dismissed as yet another mindless moron.

run away! Run away! :d

You chose the FDA as the regulation discussion topic. Which means I'd presume you feel it's one of the clearest and easiest to defend. I made it easy, I said none of the regulations I would leave in place include anything the FDA does. Zero. The FDA is completely unnecessary. Everything they do could be covered by consumer choice and existing law.

So do you want some cheese with your whine or do you want to try to back something up for once?

Ok.

I'm in the hospital, about to undergo surgery. As a consumer, what do I do? How do I determine that stuff they're about to inject me with is safe and effective?
Um...your Doctor?

I'm in the drug store and see a weight loss product which assures me it's clinically tested and contains only pure ingredients, but it doesn't LIST those ingredients or give me any information on those "studies." As a consumer, how do I know whether or not the manufacturer is telling the truth?

Um...you can sue them? I'm not an anarchist, dumb ass. I never said we get rid of all government, I said we get rid of the FDA and other unnecessary regulations.

I'm in the store and pick up a package of frozen meat. The label says, "Pure, 100% beef. No additives or steroids." But, it doesn't list the ingredients or even where it was produced. As a consumer, how do I know?
You bought it from a ... grocery store ... who have every incentive to sell you safe products. I own multiple businesses including a restaurant. I expect my food suppliers to provide safe products. Restaurant owners communicate. Anyone who tried to do that would be toast. Grocery stores are larger and would be even more determined to make sure food sold is safe. And again, if not, you can sue them. Which was my original point, there are sufficient laws now.

I reach for a can of energy drink or a can of peas. As a consumer, what assurance do I have that it's canned in a clean, sanitary facility?

All you know now is it met some bureaucrat's standard. Again owning a restaurant, trust me, you don't know just because government says it's OK. Government is actually protecting bad producers now. It met federal standards, little you can do.

Are you familiar with the Better Business Bureau? Does that make any bells go off how you could do this whole thing a lot more effectively?

Um...your Doctor?

Ok, so I'm to trust my doctor, but not the government.

Why? What makes him more trustworthy?

Um...you can sue them? I'm not an anarchist, dumb ass. I never said we get rid of all government, I said we get rid of the FDA and other unnecessary regulations.

After I'm dead or crippled? Maybe my kids can sue them.

And, we ARE talking about FDA regulations.

You bought it from a ... grocery store ... who have every incentive to sell you safe products.

So, no grocery store has ever knowingly sold a tainted product?

I own multiple businesses including a restaurant. I expect my food suppliers to provide safe products.

Good for you. Is it your premise that all other business owners are as honest and concerned as you? I ask that because they'd have to be.

Restaurant owners communicate. Anyone who tried to do that would be toast.

Maybe where you live. Down here, there was a chinese food restaurant putting all kinds of "meat" out on the buffet line for quite some time before the government caught them at it and locked 'em down. And, there's always the example of worm protein and kangaroo meat used as filler in chain-store hamburgers a few years back.

And again, if not, you can sue them. Which was my original point, there are sufficient laws now.

How can I sue them if I'm dead? And, why should I first have to get sick? Why should anyone? Does your aversion to government regulation reach so far as to allow dishonest businesses to sicken or kill innocent people, including maybe YOUR grandkids?

All you know now is it met some bureaucrat's standard.

That's right. But, it's better than no standard at all, isn't it? Why or why not?

Again owning a restaurant, trust me, you don't know just because government says it's OK. Government is actually protecting bad producers now. It met federal standards, little you can do.

Of course the public health system is not perfect. Is that reason enough to just get rid of the whole thing?

Are you familiar with the Better Business Bureau? Does that make any bells go off how you could do this whole thing a lot more effectively?

The BBB! They only know what's been reported to them and investigate nothing. I might as well trust my health and the health of my grandkids to Craigs list.

Ok, so I'm to trust my doctor, but not the government

You trust the government... :lmao:

Fool. As a witness, I call you.

Maybe where you live. Down here, there was a chinese food restaurant putting all kinds of "meat" out on the buffet line for quite some time before the government caught them at it and locked 'em down. And, there's always the example of worm protein and kangaroo meat used as filler in chain-store hamburgers a few years back.

again... :lmao:

Where? All I saw was a link to a definition of a straw man argument. Just because you make that claim does not make it so.
Oh, so you need me to draw you a fucking picture, izzatright?....M'kay...

Now, who is it that makes the claim that no regulations are a republican Nirvana, Heaven, Hell, Valhalla or even Pascogula, Mississippi?....Oh, the author of the blatantly biased screed, that's who.

Is it because he went out and personally interviewed a significant cross-section of republicans and came back with the result that republicans get some great sense of bliss and enlightenment from no regulations whatsoever (which would be anarchist, not republican, BTW)?...Nope, he creates a completely fictional and hyperbolic (look it up) straw man to act as the target of his pious castigation.

You may now return to Googling "logical fallacies", if that little lesson in one of them didn't completely melt your head.

Ok, so I'm to trust my doctor, but not the government

You trust the government... :lmao:

Fool. As a witness, I call you.

again... :lmao:

No answer?

Oh, so you need me to draw you a fucking picture, izzatright?....M'kay...

Now, who is it that makes the claim that no regulations are a republican Nirvana, Heaven, Hell, Valhalla or even Pascogula, Mississippi?....Oh, the author of the blatantly biased screed, that's who.

Is it because he went out and personally interviewed a significant cross-section of republicans and came back with the result that republicans get some great sense of bliss and enlightenment from no regulations whatsoever (which would be anarchist, not republican, BTW)?...Nope, he creates a completely fictional and hyperbolic (look it up) straw man to act as the target of his pious castigation.

You may now return to Googling "logical fallacies", if that little lesson in one of them didn't completely melt your head.

Come on and try to stay up. We're WAY past that as I've already conceded the point that it's not ALL regulations the GOP and the right are opposed to. We WERE into a discussion about eliminating just the FDA.

And, YOUR straw man argument BEGAN when you responded to a challenge I'd thrown out to California Girl to prove that the story I linked to in the OP was a lie. You said:

"The proof is that it's a giant straw man argument.

Logical Fallacy: Straw Man"

That's neither proof that the story was untrue OR that it's a straw man argument.

So...let's backtrack a little. Prove the story I linked to is untrue.

I'm discussing the piece in the OP, not any of your subsequent brain droppings.

In any case, your stale argument boils down to another fallacy...That being the one that claims that if gubmint didn't do X, nobody would....Which is preposterous on its face.

Forum List

Back