Republican members of congress that asked for 1 billion dollars in earmarks 2010

LIAR!!! These Congressmen are not members of the TEA Party Caucus.

As a matter of fact, they are. Quoth The Bachmann (the founder of the Tea Party Caucus):

Washington, Jul 21, 2010 - Here is a list of those Members of Congress who have officially joined the Tea Party Caucus:

Robert Aderholt (AL-4)
Todd Akin (MO-2)
Rodney Alexander (LA-5)
Michele Bachmann (MN-6)
Joe Barton (TX-6)
Roscoe Bartlett (MD-6)
Gus Bilirakis (FL-9)
Rob Bishop (UT-1)
Michael Burgess (TX-26)
Paul Broun (GA-10)
Dan Burton (IN-5)
John Carter (TX-31)
Howard Coble (NC-6)
Mike Coffman (CO-6)
Ander Crenshaw (FL-4)
John Culberson (TX-7)
John Fleming (LA-4)
Trent Franks (AZ-2)
Phil Gingrey (GA-11)
Louie Gohmert (TX-1)
Tom Graves (GA-9)
Ralph Hall (TX-4)
Gregg Harper (MS-3)
Wally Herger (CA-2)
Pete Hoekstra (MI-2)
Lynn Jenkins (KS-2)
Steve King (IA-5)
Doug Lamborn (CO-5)
Blaine Luetkemeyer (MO-9)
Cynthia Lummis (WY)
Kenny Marchant (TX-24)
Tom McClintock (CA-4)
Gary Miller (CA-42)
Jerry Moran (KS-1)
Sue Myrick (NC-9)
Randy Neugebauer (TX-19)
Mike Pence (IN-6)
Ted Poe (TX-2)
Tom Price (GA-6)
Denny Rehberg (MT)
Phil Roe (TN-1)
Ed Royce (CA-40)
Steve Scalise (LA-1)
Pete Sessions (TX-32)
John Shadegg (AZ-3)
Adrian Smith (NE-3)
Lamar Smith (TX-21)
Cliff Stearns (FL-6)
Todd Tiahrt (KS-4)
Zach Wamp (TN-3)
Lynn Westmoreland (GA-3)
Joe Wilson (SC-2)

I stand corrected. I misread the line about Ms Bachmann and 13 members.
Looks like we have some TPINO's that either have to man up or face primary challenges.

In my defense, I did clean the gutters today.

Between you and me, I don't expect the Tea Party or Republicans to dole out any punishment on those interlopers. This is going to get me in trouble... been doing a lot of that today it seems... but when push comes to shove, I expect the Tea Party to ignore and excuse the misdeeds of those who would use the tea party name yet spend our dollars.

I may be surprised, but I doubt it.

Immie

Last edited:
Do you have a list of the tea party caucus members?

The above list of Republicans were in office--long before the tea party hobbits-- in this country came up from middle earth to defeat "mordor."

According to the linked article--there was Michelle Bachmann who lead a group of 13 tea party caucas members--(& not the entire Republican members of congress)--which you will note on the chart DID NOT ASK for earmarks--yet all left wing liberal news organizations are accusing them of it anyway.

You can't just assume that a Republican politician is a tea party member.

Last edited:
As a matter of fact, they are. Quoth The Bachmann (the founder of the Tea Party Caucus):

Looks like we have some TPINO's that either have to man up or face primary challenges.

Between you and me, I don't expect the Tea Party or Republicans to dole out any punishment on those interlopers. This is going to get me in trouble... been doing a lot of that today it seems... but when push comes to shove, I expect the Tea Party to ignore and excuse the misdeeds of those who would use the tea party name yet spend our dollars.

Immie

I am a tea party member--

DOES IT LOOK TO YOU LIKE I AM EXCUSING THEM--by BLASTING this information all over the internet--:cuckoo:

Immie

Interlopers is a good term. Many on that list decided that they needed the help of the TEA Party to get elected and showed their true colors after getting in. It would be interesting to see the dates these people took a pledge against earmarks along side of the date they asked for theirs.
Breaking a pledge is one thing, but pledging not to continue doing something and then living up to that pledge is quite different.

Last edited:

The above list of Republicans were in office--long before the tea party hobbits-- in this country came up from middle earth to defeat "mordor."

According to the linked article--there was Michelle Bachmann who lead a group of 13 tea party caucas members--(& not the entire Republican members of congress)--which you will note on the chart DID NOT ASK for earmarks--yet all left wing liberal news organizations are accusing them of it anyway.

The list you gave is labeled at the link you gave as TEA PARTY CACAUS MEMBERS.

Kick them out of the cacaus if they are breaking your rules.

DO IT.

Insisit you little band of misfits stay pure.

get some guts

Immie

I am a tea party member--

DOES IT LOOK TO YOU LIKE I AM EXCUSING THEM--by BLASTING this information all over the internet--:cuckoo:

Well, you did call them Republicans instead of Tea Party members and the list from Bachmann.house.gov did seem to include them. However, the truth will be in the pudding when we get to election day.

I expect that we will hear a lot of "the lesser of two evils" talk as we come closer to election day.

Just call it a hunch.

Immie

Immie

Interlopers is a good term. Many on that list decided that they needed the help of the TEA Party to get elected and showed their true colors after getting in. It would be interesting to see the dates these people took a pledge against earmarks along side of the date they asked for theirs.
Breaking a pledge is one thing, but pledging not to continue doing something and then living up to that pledge is quite different.

Good point. You are right it would be interesting to see that information.

My initial thought when I looked at the link was that there was something fishy about that, but I hadn't really thought of it.

Once again, good point.

Immie

Anyone who is angered by this should insist the tea party stay pure and KICK THEM OUT.

they wont because then the tea party would have very little power.

On the right it is not likely they are going to stick to principle and shun the power

LIAR!!! These Congressmen are not members of the TEA Party Caucus.

Washington, Jul 21, 2010 - Here is a list of those Members of Congress who have officially joined the Tea Party Caucus:

Robert Aderholt (AL-4)
Todd Akin (MO-2)
Rodney Alexander (LA-5)
Michele Bachmann (MN-6)
Joe Barton (TX-6)
Roscoe Bartlett (MD-6)
Gus Bilirakis (FL-9)
Rob Bishop (UT-1)
Michael Burgess (TX-26)
Paul Broun (GA-10)
Dan Burton (IN-5)
John Carter (TX-31)
Howard Coble (NC-6)
Mike Coffman (CO-6)
Ander Crenshaw (FL-4)
John Culberson (TX-7)
John Fleming (LA-4)
Trent Franks (AZ-2)
Phil Gingrey (GA-11)
Louie Gohmert (TX-1)
Tom Graves (GA-9)
Ralph Hall (TX-4)
Gregg Harper (MS-3)
Wally Herger (CA-2)
Pete Hoekstra (MI-2)
Lynn Jenkins (KS-2)
Steve King (IA-5)
Doug Lamborn (CO-5)
Blaine Luetkemeyer (MO-9)
Cynthia Lummis (WY)
Kenny Marchant (TX-24)
Tom McClintock (CA-4)
Gary Miller (CA-42)
Jerry Moran (KS-1)
Sue Myrick (NC-9)
Randy Neugebauer (TX-19)
Mike Pence (IN-6)
Ted Poe (TX-2)
Tom Price (GA-6)
Denny Rehberg (MT)
Phil Roe (TN-1)
Ed Royce (CA-40)
Steve Scalise (LA-1)
Pete Sessions (TX-32)
John Shadegg (AZ-3)
Adrian Smith (NE-3)
Lamar Smith (TX-21)
Cliff Stearns (FL-6)
Todd Tiahrt (KS-4)
Zach Wamp (TN-3)
Lynn Westmoreland (GA-3)
Joe Wilson (SC-2)

Do you need a reading comprehension class? You can look on the above list and see that Bachmann nor 13 others of the "real" tea party caucas did NOT ask for earmarks. The new freshman members did not enter until Jan. 20, 2011--and the rest of these politicians are Republicans who more than likely have held their congressional seats for YEARS.
I don't need a comprehension test.

Like I said, the problem is the spending in the first place...Earmarking portions of pork, for the Congressman Bedfellow Memorial Wind Sock at Senator Gladhander Memorial Airport, is merely the symptom.

You may as well be trying to blame stuffy noses for causing the common cold.

Last edited:

Au contrare oh thee of limited understanding.

There is a Tea Party Cacus among republicans where republicans in congress have pledged themselves to Tea Party principles.
They are also Tea Party since they signed a paper saying they are.

Tea Party-backed GOP freshmen pack defense bill with pork
DOUG THOMPSON
May 23, 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rep. Steven Palazzo, R-Miss. -- Just another political hypocrite (AP Photo/Alex Brandon, File)
Remember all those grand promises by the tea party-backed Republicans who promised to put an end to wasteful spending and pork-barrel earmarks?

Just more hypocritical political posturing.

While talking the big plan to be fiscally responsible the Republican freshmen have packed a huge $553 billion spending bill with millions of pet defense projects for their home districts.

Yep. Pork barrel is still alive in the halls of Congress and the pigs at the trough are the ones voters sent to Washington to end the wasteful practice.

Of course, Republicans claim the money for the projects aren’t pork. Of course not. Pork is when the money is spent by the other guys in someone else’s district. If it’s in your own district it’s necessary.

None of the projects were included in the defense budget submitted to Congress by the Obama administration.

For example, freshman GOP Rep. Bobby Shilling put in $2.5 million for weapons and munitions advanced technology for the Quad City Manufacturing Lab at Rock Island Arsenal, which just happens to be in his district.

During his campaign against Democrat Phil Hare last year, Schilling criticized Hare for adding money to defense budgets for the same facility.

GOP frosh Vicky Hartzler of Missouri packed the bill with $20 million for “mixed conventional load capability for Air Force bombers,” for Whiteman Air Force Base in her district.

Hartlzler backed the GOP moratorium on earmarks during her campaign. Now she says she didn’t think the moratorium applied to defense spending.

Republican Steven Palazzo used anti-pork barrel spending rhetoric and tea party backing to beat Democratic conservative Gene Taylor in Mississippi. He added $10 million to buy land to expand a National Guard facility in his district and another $19.9 million to “ship preliminary design and feasibility studies” at Ingalls Shipbuilding in Pascagoula — also part of his district.

Tea Party-backed GOP freshmen pack defense bill with pork | Capitol Hill Blue

None of the projects were included in the defense budget submitted to Congress by the Obama administration.

Last edited:
Republicans are so funny. They always think of "earmarks" as money just "given away".

I remember when John McCain mocked the effort to save honeybees. Seems they are disappearing in record numbers. Crops they pollinate total at least 15 billion a year. 80% of those crops are pollinated by bees. Beekeepers have been freaking out. Farmers have been freaking out. Republicans laugh.

Looks like the honeybee loss may have leveled off. But who knows what the future may bring? Especially with non existent climate change. Republican scientists. Those are the guys we should listen to. If you can find any.

Bee Informed Partnership | Be Included, Be Involved, Bee Informed

Nationwide Partnership Seeks to Halve Honeybee Losses

Republicans are so funny. They always think of "earmarks" as money just "given away".

I remember when John McCain mocked the effort to save honeybees. Seems they are disappearing in record numbers. Crops they pollinate total at least 15 billion a year. 80% of those crops are pollinated by bees. Beekeepers have been freaking out. Farmers have been freaking out. Republicans laugh.

Looks like the honeybee loss may have leveled off. But who knows what the future may bring? Especially with non existent climate change. Republican scientists. Those are the guys we should listen to. If you can find any.

Bee Informed Partnership | Be Included, Be Involved, Bee Informed

Nationwide Partnership Seeks to Halve Honeybee Losses

Oh don't worry--there were plenty of earmarks in Obama's budget that were Democrat earmarks--in fact 51.7 BILLION dollars worth. You might want to write John Kerry and discuss your worries about honey bees--because he sure wanted to spend a crap-load on the study of sea scallops.

The watchdog groups -- Taxpayers for Common Sense, WashingtonWatch.com, and Taxpayers Against Earmarks -- counted total earmark requests in the 2011 budget. Those requests were made by lawmakers earlier this year, but Democratic leaders, afraid that their party's spending priorities might cost them at the polls, decided not to pass a budget before the Nov. 2 elections. This week, they distilled those earmark requests -- threw some out, combined others -- into the omnibus bill that was under consideration in the Senate until Majority Leader Harry Reid pulled it Thursday night. While that bill was loaded with spending, looking back at the original earmark requests tells us a lot about the spending inclinations of both parties.

In the 2011 House budget, the groups found that House Democrats requested 18,189 earmarks, which would cost the taxpayers a total of $51.7 billion, while House Republicans requested just 241 earmarks, for a total of $1 billion.

Dems are earmark junkies but GOP goes straight | Byron York | Politics | Washington Examiner

$obama-lip-service.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back