Republican majorities struggle to get Congress working

The indisputable fact remains that Republicans wasted time and taxpayer money on a Bill they knew in advance was going to be vetoed.

That's partisan politics, not working for the American people.
What would you say to the Democrat House and Senate members who voted in favor of the KXL bill?
Individual Congresscritters only have to worry about making a group of people happy. The president is entrusted to be the steward of our country as a whole.
Maybe that's why He approved the Alberta Clipper pipeline? :dunno:

Take a look at that project and tell me how it differs in design, scope, and purpose from the Keystone XL. Obama is no steward, he's a misguided obstructionist.

Permit for Alberta Clipper Pipeline Issued

The Department found that the addition of crude oil pipeline capacity between Canada and the United States will advance a number of strategic interests of the United States. These included increasing the diversity of available supplies among the United States’ worldwide crude oil sources in a time of considerable political tension in other major oil producing countries and regions; shortening the transportation pathway for crude oil supplies; and increasing crude oil supplies from a major non-Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries producer. Canada is a stable and reliable ally and trading partner of the United States, with which we have free trade agreements which augment the security of this energy supply.

Approval of the permit sends a positive economic signal, in a difficult economic period, about the future reliability and availability of a portion of United States’ energy imports, and in the immediate term, this shovel-ready project will provide construction jobs for workers in the United States.
That pipeline was already built, in 2009, and only crosses into U.S. territory for a brief detour. It also comes nowhere near the aquifers that are so concerning with Keystone.

Alberta Clipper - Honor The Earth

oil_industry_and_great_lakes.jpg

Both the House and Senate passed a Keystone XL pipeline bill.

Where's your boy king? :dunno:
who?

yeah because we really need those 35 jobs Mr. H. :rolleyes-41: Besides, communist China has waited this long for their Canuck oil, they can wait a little longer :thup:

Construction jobs don't count?
I guess they count almost as much as all the infrastructure jobs Obama wanted to create, that Republicans wouldn't even bring to the floor for a vote. Republicans claimed they were only temporary jobs.

who?

yeah because we really need those 35 jobs Mr. H. :rolleyes-41: Besides, communist China has waited this long for their Canuck oil, they can wait a little longer :thup:

assembling imported Indian pipes? No.

So the pipes assemble themselves?
do i have to spell it out for you? :banghead: Assembling those imported pipes is a domestic steel mill, jobs killer. Why don't you just put "I hate America" in your siggie and save everyone the time & trouble of figuring it out?

The american steel mill industry doesn't need anymore help dying.
And again, what do you have against all the construction workers who would assemble said pipe? Plus you have the pump stations needed, the excavation and backfilling, any concrete work, controls, control stations, maintenance sheds... Any of those materials can be bought from the US, or from companies in the US that represent foreign manufacturers. Even the pipe guy has to have his US workers over here to seal the deal.

But keep focusing on the pipe and ignoring everything else because it suits your political agenda.

who?

I guess they count almost as much as all the infrastructure jobs Obama wanted to create, that Republicans wouldn't even bring to the floor for a vote. Republicans claimed they were only temporary jobs.

Were those straight up votes, or tied in with other crap that conservatives don't like?

Be honest you shit stain.

The indisputable fact remains that Republicans wasted time and taxpayer money on a Bill they knew in advance was going to be vetoed.

What would you say to the Democrat House and Senate members who voted in favor of the KXL bill?
Individual Congresscritters only have to worry about making a group of people happy. The president is entrusted to be the steward of our country as a whole.

Take a look at that project and tell me how it differs in design, scope, and purpose from the Keystone XL. Obama is no steward, he's a misguided obstructionist.

The Department found that the addition of crude oil pipeline capacity between Canada and the United States will advance a number of strategic interests of the United States. These included increasing the diversity of available supplies among the United States’ worldwide crude oil sources in a time of considerable political tension in other major oil producing countries and regions; shortening the transportation pathway for crude oil supplies; and increasing crude oil supplies from a major non-Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries producer. Canada is a stable and reliable ally and trading partner of the United States, with which we have free trade agreements which augment the security of this energy supply.

Approval of the permit sends a positive economic signal, in a difficult economic period, about the future reliability and availability of a portion of United States’ energy imports, and in the immediate term, this shovel-ready project will provide construction jobs for workers in the United States.
That pipeline was already built, in 2009, and only crosses into U.S. territory for a brief detour. It also comes nowhere near the aquifers that are so concerning with Keystone.

Unless the pipes go THROUGH the aquifer your concern is typical of the uneducated progressive left.

CHj6z6v.jpg

CHj6z6v.jpg

No, the magic is our current standard of living, built on a petroleum based economy.

I don't see you living off grid, you fucking hypocrite.

who?

Were those straight up votes, or tied in with other crap that conservatives don't like?

You tell me what's objectionable:

Read the American Jobs Act FULL TEXT The White House

who?

well martybegan ?

:popcorn:

he prolly doesn't even know whats in it. He's just against it because SeanRush tells him to be.

who?

well martybegan ?

he prolly doesn't even know whats in it. He's just against it because SeanRush tells him to be.
I just posted it. I'm willing to give him time. But it won't make any difference. He's still gonna end up being a bitch.

you see how they are folks. they've given Obama SIX years to FIX things

but Republicans are suppose to do it in THREE MONTHS...three months is all they've been in charge of congress.

the left would comical if they weren't so dangerous to us and our country

well martybegan ?

I just posted it. I'm willing to give him time. But it won't make any difference. He's still gonna end up being a bitch.
Do I know martybegan or what? :)

well martybegan ?

Do I know martybegan or what? :)

First, I don't listen to political radio, I prefer sports radio when I am driving.

2nd, I'm sure all those infrastructure bills were standalone, not laden with progressive pork for local dem's butt buddies.

3rd: I may decide to stop responding in a thread because of this whole "real life thing", but rest assured, you people are still a) wrong and b) cocksuckers.

2nd, I'm sure all those infrastructure bills were standalone, not laden with progressive pork for local dem's butt buddies.
I gave you the link to the actual text of the Bill.

Come back when you find the pork. I know you won't, because as always, you're a poser.

I gave you the link to the actual text of the Bill.

Come back when you find the pork. I know you won't, because as always, you're a poser.

It includes a bailout of teachers (i guess teachers build walls now) and this little gem:

The legislation includes specific offsets to close corporate tax loopholes and asks the wealthiest Americans to pay their fair share that more than cover the cost of the jobs measures.

So its teacher pork, AND a tax increase. Nice try there dipshit.

Forum List

Back