• They Dont care about black people

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • they Couldnt lie our way into iran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other: please specify

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They lost power because they are not willing to work with anyone, including the american people. They are on Planet GOP with a leader who cant speak plain english, and who hasnt spent a day out of the white house in 20 years so you can understand how stubborn he is. Since he was a baby, he got his way. And now he gets his way, no matter what study group tells him, or what his people tell him, or what the experts tell him, or even what the generals tell him. He will get his way. Thats what presidential familys get.

Its not my fault though, its 56 million americans fault for falling in love with a half wit. He speaks their language, and talks about god...what else do you need to get elected? I dont understand why America is so stupid....he made the same mistakes in the first term. Did they not learn from his first term failure? Not to mention he never kept his promise on immigration. Seriously I think Americans who voted for him AGAIN, owe everyone an appology. Even if you hate Al bore, a monkey would have done a better job than Bush.

You're using another one of those "out of your ass" arguments again to try to salvage GWB's Presidency. Be intellectually honest for once.

I wonder if you know how idiotic this post sounds, for the simple reason that I've been one of the loudest and most frequent critics of the administration on this site-for reasons. Not just one.

They lost power because they are not willing to work with anyone, including the american people. They are on Planet GOP with a leader who cant speak plain english, and who hasnt spent a day out of the white house in 20 years so you can understand how stubborn he is. Since he was a baby, he got his way. And now he gets his way, no matter what study group tells him, or what his people tell him, or what the experts tell him, or even what the generals tell him. He will get his way. Thats what presidential familys get.

Its not my fault though, its 56 million americans fault for falling in love with a half wit. He speaks their language, and talks about god...what else do you need to get elected? I dont understand why America is so stupid....he made the same mistakes in the first term. Did they not learn from his first term failure? Not to mention he never kept his promise on immigration. Seriously I think Americans who voted for him AGAIN, owe everyone an appology. Even if you hate Al bore, a monkey would have done a better job than Bush.
I don't think we would have been better off with Gore. I do think Bush has wasted his presidency, unnecessarily.

I don't think we would have been better off with Gore.

Whatever else he may or may not have done had he gotten 600 more votes in Florida and been elected, I truly believe that Al Gore would NOT have taken his eye off of our real enemies and mistakenly invaded Iraq. That alone would have made us better off, IMHO.

Whatever else he may or may not have done had he gotten 600 more votes in Florida and been elected, I truly believe that Al Gore would NOT have taken his eye off of our real enemies and mistakenly invaded Iraq. That alone would have made us better off, IMHO.

And as always, you are entitled to your opinion. :cool:

I wonder if you know how idiotic this post sounds, for the simple reason that I've been one of the loudest and most frequent critics of the administration on this site-for reasons. Not just one.

It's one thing to be personally critical yet continue to support obviously unsuccessful policies.

You ad hominem attack only further show your disconnect.

And as always, you are entitled to your opinion. :cool:

are you suggesting that Gore would have invaded Iraq, or are you suggesting that even if he had not, we would be better off with Bush and IN Iraq than with Gore and NOT in Iraq?

Actually gore did win the election. He lost the electoral vote though. For some crazy reason, because last time I checked he won the popular vote. The small states deserve more electoral power.

Actually gore did win the election. He lost the electoral vote though. For some crazy reason, because last time I checked he won the popular vote. The small states deserve more electoral power.

Actually, he didn't:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/media/media_watch/jan-june01/recount_4-3.html

Online Focus

MEDIA RECOUNT: BUSH
WON THE 2000 ELECTION

April 3, 2001

In the first full study of Florida's ballots since the election ended, The Miami Herald and USA Today reported George W. Bush would have widened his 537-vote victory to a 1,665-vote margin if the recount ordered by the Florida Supreme Court would have been allowed to continue, using standards that would have allowed even faintly dimpled "undervotes" -- ballots the voter has noticeably indented but had not punched all the way through -- to be counted.

The study, conducted by the accounting firm of BDO Seidman, counted over 60,000 votes in Florida's 67 counties, tabulating separate vote totals in several standards categories.

While the USA Today report focused on what would have happened had the Florida Supreme Court-ordered recount not been halted by the U.S. Supreme Court, the Herald pointed to one scenario under which Gore could have scored a narrow victory -- a fresh recount in all counties using the most generous standards.

In their reports, the newspapers assumed counts already completed when the court-ordered recount was stopped would have been included in any official count. Thus, they allowed numbers from seven counties -- Palm Beach, Volusia, Broward, Hamilton, Manatee, Escambia and Madison -- to stand, but applied the most inclusive standards to votes in the rest of the state. If those numbers did not stand, the Herald reported, a more generous hypothetical revisited recount would have scored the White House for Gore -- but with only a 393-vote margin.

Under most other scenarios, the papers reported, Bush would have retained his lead.

The newspapers' review did not include the approximately 110,000 "overvotes" -- ballots cast for more than one candidate. Both papers are planning a separate analysis of overvote numbers next month.

It's one thing to be personally critical yet continue to support obviously unsuccessful policies.

You ad hominem attack only further show your disconnect.
:eusa_naughty:

Poor baby,:cuckoo: couldn't come up with anything after my response to this:

JeffWartman said:
You're using another one of those "out of your ass" arguments again to try to salvage GWB's Presidency. Be intellectually honest for once.

and many more issues, so your statement was NOT, ''end of story."

I just disagree that the largest reason was the war, for the simple reason if the damn administration had spoken up clearly from the beginning, been willing to adapt sooner, spoke up even now at what's going on, I doubt it would be such an issue.

Immigration? Yes. Spending, most definately. Inability to get a GOP Congress to sound like they were in the same party? Yes. Tone deafness to supporters? Yes. Miers? Yes. The list goes on and on.

I was refering to the nation wide popular vote. Not the florida popular vote. You can win the national popular vote while still losing the big states like texas, florida, georga....etc.

Do you have any links that show Bush winning the national popular vote?

No, Gore had about 540k more.

are you suggesting that Gore would have invaded Iraq, or are you suggesting that even if he had not, we would be better off with Bush and IN Iraq than with Gore and NOT in Iraq?

Gore would still be at the UN asking permission to attack, and still looking for the controlling legal authoirty to do so

Gore would still be at the UN asking permission to attack, and still looking for the controlling legal authoirty to do so

Gore would not have asked anyone for permission to attack Iraq, because Iraq was run by secular sunni baathists and our enemies were their enemies as well. Gore would have never outsourced the operation at Tora Bora. Gore would have kept his eye on our real enemies and not suffered from ADD like Bush. OBL would be dead now if Gore were president. AQ would be crushed in the hills of afghanistan if Gore were president. Our ports would be safer and out armed forces more ready to fight the real enemy if Gore were president.

Gore would not have asked anyone for permission to attack Iraq, because Iraq was run by secular sunni baathists and our enemies were their enemies as well. Gore would have never outsourced the operation at Tora Bora. Gore would have kept his eye on our real enemies and not suffered from ADD like Bush. OBL would be dead now if Gore were president. AQ would be crushed in the hills of afghanistan if Gore were president. Our ports would be safer and out armed forces more ready to fight the real enemy if Gore were president.

Libs like you and Al Bore, bow at the alter of the UN

Remember Kerry talking about his Global Test

Libs have a long history of appeasement to terrorists

It's easy to write what he 'would've' done, when he hasn't.

Libs like you and Al Bore, bow at the alter of the UN

Remember Kerry talking about his Global Test

Libs have a long history of appeasement to terrorists

ignore the points.... Gore would not be in Iraq..that is clear.... the invasion of Iraq was stupid and counterproductive to the war against islamic extremism.... it took Americans long enough to figure out that it was a mistake but they get it now.....

ignore the points.... Gore would not be in Iraq..that is clear.... the invasion of Iraq was stupid and counterproductive to the war against islamic extremism.... it took Americans long enough to figure out that it was a mistake but they get it now.....

Gore would be in front a Judge filing a case against the terrorists - that would be the extent of his war on terror

Forum List

Back