Republican Letter To Obama Administration on Health Care Presses Real Issues

Which the President rejected last year. So whats your point?

So, now the Republicans will just sit on their hands and wait until the 2010 elections play out? Is that REALLY their strategery?

Republicans have already provided definitive details on what they are willing to discuss. Actual solutions. If the President and extremists in your party dont want to actually attempt bipartisan reform. Then why should we do anything other than watch you self destruct?

Tort reform...

The ability to buy insurance across state lines....

You thoughts on these?

Too funny, even as the rightwing nuts are defending this letter and its pre-conditions, its authors are running away from it.

I wonder how they are going to spin this?

These idiots in here automatically back EVERYTHING republican...but the republicans are saying this little note was "silly" ...

this is too funny.

Pilgrim, concerning your OP:

What is different about this than any of the other hundreds of obstructions the Republicans have thrown up? Seriously, it's the exact same BS.

They want to involve hundreds of people outside of congress so they can waste lots more time until November.

Same shit, different day.

Maddow, on her show tonight, showed how the bill already has all the things in it that Cons are holding out for. She cited specifics .. look it up...buying across borders etc etc.

Pilgrim, concerning your OP:

What is different about this than any of the other hundreds of obstructions the Republicans have thrown up? Seriously, it's the exact same BS.

They want to involve hundreds of people outside of congress so they can waste lots more time until November.

Same shit, different day.

The difference is this time the effectively called out obama on his political games he has been playing with the health care. Shoot you've sucessfully bought his line that the republicans have no plans..hook, line, and sinker.

Ok now i have to go back to my last post and read this thread./

I have seen that too. Most notably by our good friend, Dude. However, IF the GOP is on the right track. If they are on the up and up and truly only have the best interest of their constituents in mind, exactly HOW would Obama set them up with a meeting that is to be televised for all to see?

Simple.....

GOP: Tort Reform
Obama: as the CBO said, that will only decrease costs 2%
GOP: That is not accurate. That does not include all of the data
Obama: Are you guys only interested in being right or intyerested iun helping the people.
GOP: Tort reform will cost us nothing and may do some greta things in lowering costs.
Obama: why must you continue to stick to one topic.

Obama: Public option
GOP: Not good for the insurance indsustry and it does not lower the cost to insure.
Obama: not good for the insurance industry? They are on board with the idea

I can go on....but you get the drift.

Tort reform. 2%. It benefits the doctors (kinda like the one who fucked up and killed Murtha) and hurts the little guy. What help is this exactly?

Ah but thats the rub, many think it will be more than a 2% savings and will drastically lower the expenses of malpractice insurance and reduce redundant and expensive diagnostic testing. Lowering the operating costs would lower medical costs for everyone.

Yeah, and where are any ideas in that letter?

I edited in a link to the OP to answer your false claims about the republicans having no plans.

Republicans plans...the main points of it are already in the bill. ALREADY IN THE BILL, but yet they still say scrap the bill....

Damn. Stop being so obvious.

Care to back up your claim sir? Please tell me what page number and bill version you saw the suggestions and proposed legislative measures such as Tort Reform and the ability to sell insurance off state lines.

If you can't provide me with this information then your making a false claim against me.

Too funny, even as the rightwing nuts are defending this letter and its pre-conditions, its authors are running away from it.

I wonder how they are going to spin this?

These idiots in here automatically back EVERYTHING republican...but the republicans are saying this little note was "silly" ...

this is too funny.

i'm the one who posted the letter because I read it and appreciated the point it made about how everything has gone thus far with the health care legislation.

Why don't one of you 2 try bringing a real argument instead of innacurate namecalling?

i'm the one who posted the letter because I read it and appreciated the point it made about how everything has gone thus far with the health care legislation.

Why don't one of you 2 try bringing a real argument instead of innacurate namecalling?

They wont. They dont know how.

Nowhere in that letter does it say "This is our position...If the following are included in the healthcare package we will vote for it"

The fact is the Republicans will fillibuster this bill regardless of how many Republican concerns are included.

Nowhere in that letter does it say "This is our position...If the following are included in the healthcare package we will vote for it"

The fact is the Republicans will fillibuster this bill regardless of how many Republican concerns are included.

Does your crystal ball give out winning lottery numbers too? Hook me up i need 6 numbers between 1 and 50 :)

Last edited:

They wont. They dont know how.

Thats a true shame right there, I love a good and honest debate.

Forum List

Back