Republican Letter To Obama Administration on Health Care Presses Real Issues

Wow....the Republicans managed to get most of their talking points down on paper. They will now use this as their basis for NOT meeting with Obama to dsicuss healthcare reform. Perhaps they ARE the party of "no" after all? I am disappointed.
Why should they meet when the entire charade is prefaced upon the notion that the only way forward is to make a few niggling changes to the current Rube Goldberg of a bill?

I have never taken you for a partisan hack, Dude. Thanks for correcting me.

Hello Pot, Meet Kettle :lol:

(Look to my edit of the republican plans in the OP )

Last edited:
Why should they meet when the entire charade is prefaced upon the notion that the only way forward is to make a few niggling changes to the current Rube Goldberg of a bill?

I have never taken you for a partisan hack, Dude. Thanks for correcting me.

YOU have the audacity to sya that to me? Don't you have a Tea party to go to somewhere?

Wow....the Republicans managed to get most of their talking points down on paper. They will now use this as their basis for NOT meeting with Obama to dsicuss healthcare reform. Perhaps they ARE the party of "no" after all? I am disappointed.

Yeah, and where are any ideas in that letter?

I edited in a link to the OP to answer your false claims about the republicans having no plans.

Good. Now show me the link where I stated that the Republicans have no plans?

YOU have the audacity to sya that to me? Don't you have a Tea party to go to somewhere?

Didn't know audacity was required to state a fact.

I know none of you have enough time to read every thread, but I started one about a month or so ago stating my disdain for Obama's shady back room deals during this healthcare debate. I called him out for NOT keeping his promises of transparency, etc. Now, that I believe he has been made nervous by the election loss in MA, I THOUGHT maybe this could get moving. Instead, the GOP is playing obstructionist games again and you are calling me a partisan, why?

Take reconciliation off the table.

that is laugh out loud funny. You know, I will say with brutal honesty, it is wholly the Democratic party's ineptitude that explains why ANYONE supports the GOP in this day and age. This party is little more than a barely plausible parody of a political party created for a political satire.

The GOP wants it to start from square one for one reason and one reason only...and the more one is in the know, the more obvious it is.

Obama and his party knock down GOP ideas saying "they will not work"

When the GOP says "and your ideas wont work either", Obama responds with the same thing..."Pharma is on board, the AARP is on board, the Unions are on board, the AMA is on board.

The GOP wants no one on board with anything and start from scratch.

They no longer want him to be able to use the results of backroom deals to use as support for his ideas.

It is disingenuous and not in the best interest of the debate.

My Bad Va you said they were the party of no and I just assumed you meant the party of no plans. I fixed the OP to reflect this.

That being said you are acting very partisan. What is the problem with starting from scratch and truly involving both the repub and dem ideas? Unless you only want far left progressive ideas in the bill, hell even moderate democrats have been shut out.

Excuse me?

What's wrong with dumping the two gargantuan and completely incomprehensible pieces of crap in favor of a new bill, if you're really interested in "bipartisanship"?

And the first step would be? TO MEET! In public, for all to see. Yes?
No.

Do you have any idea at all how constitutional protocols work for the passage of bills?

The current bills were wrangled, debated upon and passed, all practically without a scintilla of input from the other caucus. In fact, the true "bipartisanship" was in opposition to the bills....That's why people like Landrieu and Nelson had to be bought off.

In any case, you don't just subsequently have the executive call for a phony summit after the votes have been held, insert a couple of cheap trinkets which meet the approval of a couple of opposition members, and call it all good.

My Bad Va you said they were the party of no and I just assumed you meant the party of no plans. I fixed the OP to reflect this.

That being said you are acting very partisan. What is the problem with starting from scratch and truly involving both the repub and dem ideas? Unless you only want far left progressive ideas in the bill, hell even moderate democrats have been shut out.

With almost a year's worth of work having been done. Some good. Some bad. Does it really make sense to simply scrap it ALL and start all over? There are some good ideas in here. Why not use these as a starting point as opposed to starting all over? I mean really? Even if they did, don't you think MUCH of what already exists is going to be brought back up?

Oh, and it's on the very day the 41st Republican is being sworn into the Senate that the Republicans demand that the Democrats take reconciliation off the table as a pre-condition to discussion. How poetic.

With almost a year's worth of work having been done. Some good. Some bad. Does it really make sense to simply scrap it ALL and start all over? There are some good ideas in here. Why not use these as a starting point as opposed to starting all over? I mean really? Even if they did, don't you think MUCH of what already exists is going to be brought back up?

So what is so hard about taking those ideas and bringing them to the table? WHy musyt it be a revision of a 2000 page bill?

Or are they afraid fo having to make those backroom deals again to get the support of moderate senators and special interest groups.

Come on VaY....you are way too smart not to see that as the real issue.

T

I would agree it doesn't make sense to scrap it all if the bill was released to the public and we were allowed to know what kind of deals have been made prior to it being passed. But it was all so secretive its hard to trust anything that might be hidden in it.

I really think they need to scrap it and propose individual bills to cover each aspect of reform that the people want.

Lets start with 2....affordability of coverage and denial of pre-existing condition coverage.

Those could be 2 seperate bills that could be made small enough to have a legitimate debate over. They also appear to be the most pressing issues.

If they dont fix the problem lets focus on another thing. Keep the scope small and focused so it is effective and implimentable.

Thats how I feel and I think a ton of other americans agree, at least in MA they do (hence scott brown being able to win).

So what is so hard about taking those ideas and bringing them to the table? WHy musyt it be a revision of a 2000 page bill?

Or are they afraid fo having to make those backroom deals again to get the support of moderate senators and special interest groups.

Come on VaY....you are way too smart not to see that as the real issue.

T

Whether you agree or not, I believe Obama is a very smart individual. He has now been rebuked for his backroom deals by the very people that helped get him elected. Why in the world would he attempt those same deals again? Honestly.

A year's worth of work has been put into building a house that can't possibly get a certification of occupancy....Let's just put a couple more coats of paint on it and re-caulk the windows! :rolleyes:

A year's worth of work has been put into building a house that can't possibly get a certification of occupancy....Let's just put a couple more coats of paint on it and re-caulk the windows! :rolleyes:

Gotta love metaphors.

I would agree it doesn't make sense to scrap it all if the bill was released to the public and we were allowed to know what kind of deals have been made prior to it being passed. But it was all so secretive its hard to trust anything that might be hidden in it.

I really think they need to scrap it and propose individual bills to cover each aspect of reform that the people want.

Lets start with 2....affordability of coverage and denial of pre-existing condition coverage.

Those could be 2 seperate bills that could be made small enough to have a legitimate debate over. They also appear to be the most pressing issues.

If they dont fix the problem lets focus on another thing. Keep the scope small and focused so it is effective and implimentable.

Thats how I feel and I think a ton of other americans agree, at least in MA they do (hence scott brown being able to win).

I like this approach. I also never understood why the cuts in MediCare labeled as "waste and fraud" could not or should not be implemented right away and not be part of this bill. However, the American people want transparency. Obama is offering that with this gathering. I do not understand WHY the GOP is backing away from it?

Wow. You are sounding like Dr.House more and more. Any other tidbits of useless prose for us there, Dude?

Oh, and it's on the very day the 41st Republican is being sworn into the Senate that the Republicans demand that the Democrats take reconciliation off the table as a pre-condition to discussion. How poetic.

Using reconciliation would be political suicide.....

Forum List

Back