Republican Leadership So Insensitive

It's a crying shame that Ms. Giffords has become just another prop in the gungrabber's dog & pony show...

Giffords went there for purely propaganda and political purposes to try to sell gun control. She was not being a noble actor. You called it, the state rep didn't want her people used as political pawns and she had every right to express that opinion, no apologies necessary. You commiecrats have no compunction about exploiting anything or anyone that will help sell your unconstitutional bull shit. So just leave the folks alone, let them heal and don't try your crap on their backs.

You sure have it ass backwards. What are you so afraid of?? If Giffords wanted to discuss gun control with them, so what??? I'm sure that was part of the reason for her visit. I never said it wasn't. I think her visit did have a dual purpose. So what???

Like a previous poster said, if she jumps out there as a political advocate then she's open to criticism. Yet you lefties jump out there with your selective outrage when someone actually criticized her. It's BS and you know it.

It's a crying shame that Ms. Giffords has become just another prop in the gungrabber's dog & pony show...

She's in danger of straying into Jesse Jackson Al Sharpton territory showing up for her turn at the camera.

Giffords went there for purely propaganda and political purposes to try to sell gun control. She was not being a noble actor. You called it, the state rep didn't want her people used as political pawns and she had every right to express that opinion, no apologies necessary. You commiecrats have no compunction about exploiting anything or anyone that will help sell your unconstitutional bull shit. So just leave the folks alone, let them heal and don't try your crap on their backs.

You sure have it ass backwards. What are you so afraid of?? If Giffords wanted to discuss gun control with them, so what??? I'm sure that was part of the reason for her visit. I never said it wasn't. I think her visit did have a dual purpose. So what???

Hey dipshit!

Does the phrase 'politicizing a tragedy' have ANY FUCKING MEANING TO YOU??

God, you people are such HYPOCRITES!!

No, it doesn't!!! Is that plain enough for you, lunatic???

I've thought this for a long time now. But this story really pissed me off.

Conn. politician apologizes after saying Giffords should 'stay out of my towns'

A Connecticut state representative is apologizing for a Facebook post warning Gabby Giffords to stay away, ahead of the former Arizona congresswoman's visit with Sandy Hook Elementary victims' families last week in Newtown.

"Gabby Giffords stay out of my towns," the post on the Facebook page for State Rep. DebraLee Hovey, a Republican who represents Newtown and Monroe, said last week.

In the days after, there were several blogs and opinion pieces criticizing Hovey.

On Monday, she issued an apology for the comments she posted online.

"The remarks I made regarding Congresswoman Giffords' visit were insensitive and if I offended anyone I truly apologize," Rep. Hovey said in a statement.

"My comments were meant to be protective of the privacy of the families and our community as we work to move on, and were in no way intended as an insult to Congresswoman Giffords personally. Our community has struggled greatly through this tragedy, and we are all very sensitive to the potential for this event to be exploited for political purposes. This is what I wish to avoid," she added.

Conn. politician apologizes after saying Giffords should 'stay out of my towns' - U.S. News

What crap!!! Hovey is just afraid that the visit might influence people on the issue of gun control. Oh, but she thinks nobody gets it. What possible other reason could she have for caring about the visit?? If the families of the victims did not want to meet with Giffords and her husband they are perfectly able to say so. They did not need Hovey's help. I think Hovey only apologized because she was criticized. Idiot.

View attachment 23680

Can you possibly be a bigger scumbag than to chase Gabby Giffords away from your community?

Do Republicans take lessons on how to alienate the public?

Giffords was shot not beatified. Her visit to make a grotesque point was inappropriate.

If anybody has a dog in the fight....It's Giffords

Getting shot in the head will do that

A Connecticut state representative is apologizing for a Facebook post warning Gabby Giffords to stay away, ahead of the former Arizona congresswoman's visit with Sandy Hook Elementary victims' families last week in Newtown.

"Gabby Giffords stay out of my towns," the post on the Facebook page for State Rep. DebraLee Hovey, a Republican who represents Newtown and Monroe, said last week.

In the days after, there were several blogs and opinion pieces criticizing Hovey.

"The remarks I made regarding Congresswoman Giffords' visit were insensitive and if I offended anyone I truly apologize," Rep. Hovey said in a statement.

"My comments were meant to be protective of the privacy of the families and our community as we work to move on, and were in no way intended as an insult to Congresswoman Giffords personally. Our community has struggled greatly through this tragedy, and we are all very sensitive to the potential for this event to be exploited for political purposes. This is what I wish to avoid," she added.

Conn. politician apologizes after saying Giffords should 'stay out of my towns' - U.S. News

What crap!!! Hovey is just afraid that the visit might influence people on the issue of gun control. Oh, but she thinks nobody gets it. What possible other reason could she have for caring about the visit?? If the families of the victims did not want to meet with Giffords and her husband they are perfectly able to say so. They did not need Hovey's help. I think Hovey only apologized because she was criticized. Idiot.

View attachment 23680

Can you possibly be a bigger scumbag than to chase Gabby Giffords away from your community?

I agree, the right wingers are nothing but disgusting pigs.

View attachment 23680

Yeah. You can easily be a bigger scumbag. You could try to use the massacre of children to rob your fellow citizens of their rights. I would think you'd know that.

View attachment 23680

Yeah. You can easily be a bigger scumbag. You could try to use the massacre of children to rob your fellow citizens of their rights. I would think you'd know that.

Yes...we have seen it

You need your right to have your weapon of choice when you execute six year olds

Forum List

Back