Republican-lead Senate Votes 98-1 That Climate Change Is Not A Hoax

orogenicman

Darwin was a pastafarian
Jul 24, 2013
Senate Votes 98-1 That Climate Change Is Not A Hoax - NBC News

United States senators are now on the record on the question of whether climate change is "a hoax." But a majority of the Senate, including 15 Republicans, are also on record stating that human activity contributes to climate change.

The Senate on Wednesday passed a measure stating that "climate change is real and is not a hoax" by a margin of 98-1.

Let's see that same Senate appropriate tens of trillions of dollars, shut down entire industries at the cost of tens of millions of jobs, and then forcibly increase utility rates 10-fold.

Fucking bullshit.

And we were worried about them wasting time in gridlock.

Poor Dems can't win for losing.

United States senators are now on the record on the question of whether climate change is "a hoax." But a majority of the Senate, including 15 Republicans, are also on record stating that human activity contributes to climate change.

The Senate on Wednesday passed a measure stating that "climate change is real and is not a hoax" by a margin of 98-1.
And, just guessing here, do they also agree that the Earth's climate has been changing for billions of years? Or, do they believe that this is something entirely new and unheard of in the billions of years of history of this planet? Gee, it takes a real smart person to say that the Earth's climate is changing, a real genius. I just wonder how long they think this has been going on. Have they ever heard of the Ice Age? Have they heard that at one time, the Earth was so hot that it couldn't support life? But, I guess they figured out somehow that the warming is new, and breaks the cycle of a constant climate that's been in place for billions of years.

Well of course, climate change isn't a hoax. The weather changes every freakin' day. Imagine if we had no weather?

And this is why people have no faith in Congress.
Who said climate change is a "hoax"? the climate had been changing since the existence of this planet...Dinosaurs ,ice-age. The climate is continually changing. The question is, did man cause it, and can we do anything about it. We certainly cannot

And, just guessing here, do they also agree that the Earth's climate has been changing for billions of years? Or, do they believe that this is something entirely new and unheard of in the billions of years of history of this planet? Gee, it takes a real smart person to say that the Earth's climate is changing, a real genius. I just wonder how long they think this has been going on. Have they ever heard of the Ice Age? Have they heard that at one time, the Earth was so hot that it couldn't support life? But, I guess they figured out somehow that the warming is new, and breaks the cycle of a constant climate that's been in place for billions of years.

Looks like we posted at the same time and made the same point:thup:

Correct me if I'm wrong (and the link is provided), but it appears that "Averaged over all land and ocean surfaces, temperatures warmed roughly 1.53°F (0.85ºC) from 1880 to 2012..."

HOW MUCH HAS THE GLOBAL TEMPERATURE RISEN IN THE LAST 100 YEARS?

And I'll ask this once again... will this same Senate appropriate the necessary funds, force the closure of entire industries, and put the tens of millions out of work that is necessary to REDUCE the world's temperature by 1.53 degrees F? :dunno:

Some people make lots of money off "Climate change" it's big business

One of Al Gore's homes..

slide_6880_91252_large.jpg

slide_6880_91230_large.jpg

PHOTOS Al Gore s New 8.875 Million Montecito Villa

Well of course, climate change isn't a hoax. The weather changes every freakin' day. Imagine if we had no weather?

And this is why people have no faith in Congress.

In a separate vote, Congress voted 587 to minus 13 that "climate" is a different term from "weather".

Sean Hannity is despondent.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and the link is provided), but it appears that "Averaged over all land and ocean surfaces, temperatures warmed roughly 1.53°F (0.85ºC) from 1880 to 2012..."

And I'll ask this once again... will this same Senate appropriate the necessary funds, force the closure of entire industries, and put the tens of millions out of work that is necessary to REDUCE the world's temperature by 1.53 degrees F? :dunno:

I wooden bet on it.

Seems to me though that sort of project would put millions into work.
--- which is all the more reason they won't.

I wooden bet on it.

Seems to me though that sort of project would put millions into work.
--- which is all the more reason they won't.
Eat your pancakes and shut your hole.

Forum List

Back